Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Honda Civic

Demonic Angel

Thanks for all the opinions...

To be honest I'm a bit torn at the moment as all the cars have good points and bad points and I'd be happy owning any of them!

And now I'm thinking I should leave buying a new car and get myself a flat instead.... I dunno.... need serious advice! :lol:

I have a month or so to think about it before people will be starting to call me back! :lol: I do very much like the Civic though, its definitely the funkiest car I drove and I do like cars that are a bit unique and different...

But hmm, need to give it serious thought as if I buy a new car I might not be able to move out for a couple of years and whats more important - nice fancy new fast motor or my own gaff? :unsure:

That's quite a big decision & 1 you should give plenty of thought to. For the amount I've just spent on my car I could have put a deposit down on a 2 bedroomed terrace house in a reasonable area & then got some tenants in to pay for the mortgage while giving me money to spare for the times that it was vacant. My brother did the same thing & now has another 1, the value of both of which are rising stupidly quick, whereas a car's value drops.

The thing is though, I've always wanted a car like my new 1 & I bought it while I'm young, free & single & have no other major commitments, I may not have another chance to spend that kind of money on a car just for me until I'm old, fat & balding, if then. For the time being I'm happy with my decision but give me a couple more years when the savings build up again & I might take the other option.

But, while talking to the sales woman, she admitted the majority of her customers are elderly and the general consensus has always been that Honda tends to sells cars for older people (hence why I never bought a Jazz), apart from the exception of the S2000 of course.... :lol:

I don't know if the UK Civic is the same as the US version but what I can tell you is that it certainly is not an old farts car here. Civics, based on what I have seen, are generally driven by young girls in the 18 – 25 year old range.

The thing is though, I've always wanted a car like my new 1 & I bought it while I'm young, free & single & have no other major commitments, I may not have another chance to spend that kind of money on a car just for me until I'm old, fat & balding, if then. For the time being I'm happy with my decision but give me a couple more years when the savings build up again & I might take the other option.

Thats the thing Kev... I know that if I get my own place I probably wont be able to afford the type of car I want for quite a while.... whereas if I buy the car I want I wont be able to afford the flat I want for a while....

Catch 22 or what...

I mean its not like my parents want rid of me, I keep the peace here and I know that I'm always welcome here, but part of me craves my own independence and the other part craves a need for speed!

lol @ Kimi :lol::lol: You make a valid point hun!

I just dunno.... maybe waiting and saving up for either/or would be the best bet and decide once I have a wadge of savings behind me.... because I am young enough and ugly enough to have the car I want before I go down the marriage/kids/more cats route... but part of me wants somewhere to house the extra cats.... :lol:

Em

Go for it. I think the new civic is just awesome. Lorraine and i also looked at one and the interior is so well thought out. I Dont think that they are for old people anymore. And the reliability you've got yourself a great car :thumbsup:

jerry!!

but part of me craves my own independence and the other part craves a need for speed!

Easy then..........get a place of your own and a CBR600. That should scratch your itch for a good while !

but part of me craves my own independence and the other part craves a need for speed!

Easy then..........get a place of your own and a CBR600. That should scratch your itch for a good while !

Do I really look like a biker chick Rich? :lol::lol:

Go for it Em..........................................remember the old saying

" You can live in your CAR...........................but you can't race your HOUSE/FLAT" :lol:

With apologies to Kimi.............if I remember correctly ;)

I think the "smaller" versions are the older person's car.

Then again, I've seen old biddys round here in Evo's and Ford ST's recently...

And Vauxhall Vectra 2.5 V6 SRi's :P :lol:

I actually like the new civic however instead of getting a brand new car I'd get something a couple of years old - otherwise its like putting money down the toilet which is never good.

I was thinking of getting something like an elise or S2000 next year but with insurance/speed cameras etc the way they are I can't see the point so I've decided to be boring and save all my money for a house deposit.

Then hopefully in a few years I can get a flash car and have a nice house too.

Go for it Em..........................................remember the old saying

" You can live in your CAR...........................but you can't race your HOUSE/FLAT" :lol:

With apologies to Kimi.............if I remember correctly ;)

I think the "smaller" versions are the older person's car.

Then again, I've seen old biddys round here in Evo's and Ford ST's recently...

And Vauxhall Vectra 2.5 V6 SRi's :P :lol:

Nah - they need a reliable car...

You've lost the plot already steve - and you're only 63?!?!? :D

Well I like the new Civic and a thinking seriously about the type R.

Then again, I'm 52 so yeah, oldies' car. :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links