Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Notchy Gear Change On New Ravs

stay_aliveuk

I've got '05 XT3 manual with only 10K on the clock. Done loads of good quality and purposeful mods to a car I thought I would keep a long time. However, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with its notchy gear change. Had it back to dealer 3 times to investigate and they state it is normal. I have read loads of reviews and they appear to be right.

I like the concept of the RAV and its suits my purpose to a tee, together with its residual values I might buy another. The question is then:- does the new model, ie 4.3, have this notchy feel to its gear change. I would go for a auto box without thought but I really fancy the T180 and finances are such that I could afford one at present but I couldn't live with it if the gear change is the same.

Cheers

Paul

I've got '05 XT3 manual with only 10K on the clock. Done loads of good quality and purposeful mods to a car I thought I would keep a long time. However, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with its notchy gear change. Had it back to dealer 3 times to investigate and they state it is normal. I have read loads of reviews and they appear to be right.

I like the concept of the RAV and its suits my purpose to a tee, together with its residual values I might buy another. The question is then:- does the new model, ie 4.3, have this notchy feel to its gear change. I would go for a auto box without thought but I really fancy the T180 and finances are such that I could afford one at present but I couldn't live with it if the gear change is the same.

Cheers

Paul

I have rejected one car through a notchy gearbox and to be honest I still have some outstanding issues with the replacement car.

The 6 speed box is nice but most seem a bit course in 1st and 2nd. They tend to catch the teeth as if the synchro's are a bit iffy especially if you don't take your time. I suggest very strongly that you go and try one before buying. Mine makes a strange ratcheting noise on over-run in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

I have asked if I can add thicker oil but TGB say that they only advise the recommended SAE 75 oil. So I have to put up with the noise or add different oil at my own risk.

Good isn't it!!???

I must say that a friend of mine has a 4.3 which is very smooth and has no noises.

Regards........

My T180 needs care from 1st to second especially first couple of changes from cold. i certainly do not get any noises to-date. I also recommend that you try before you buy.

Got to agree with dectcs, gearbox does not like !st and 2nd gears. Once you,ve got higher up the box no problem. You must try before you buy.

Clare

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links