Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ep91 Toyota Starlet Sportif (turbo Conversion In Progress)

Dub-Se7en

Thought i would share some pictures of my car with you.

1996 EP91 Toyota Starlet Sportif.

Current Mods

5EFE Engine Conversion

Powerflow Stainless Exhaust, Pipercroos air filter

Lowered 30mm on Koni Adjustables

15inch Speedline Wheels

Glazna V rear clusters, clear front repeaters

Window Tints

DSCN0824.JPG

DSCN0828.JPG

Dscn0028.jpg

Planned Mods

SR rear spoiler

4EFTE Conversion

Decat

FMIC

Fast Road Clutch

I am building the car with help from a couple of friends. we are about half way through the conversion , the engine has been stripped down and inspected, everything either powder coated or electro-plated, then rebuilt.

we are currently working on the wiring, there's quite a lot to do, i originally bought a 4efe loom i could chop about and mess with but even though the car was only a year younger than mine with similar trim levels the loom is totally different.

so today, we took the engine loom out the car and stipped all the sleeving off it, then made a pin-out diagram so we can re-wire the turbo loom to suit. then re-fitted it (need the car fior work)

also, we've mocked the engine up for a bit of a photoshoot :D

engine loom out

DSCN1286.JPG

Re-fitted without sheathing for now

DSCN1290.JPG

DSCN1289.JPG

DSCN1287.JPG

4EFTE Engine shots

DSCN1263.JPG

DSCN1264.JPG

DSCN1268.JPG

DSCN1269.JPG

DSCN1270.JPG

DSCN1272.JPG

DSCN1275.JPG

DSCN1277.JPG

DSCN1280.JPG

DSCN1281.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MOT Time today, passed with flying colours :)

Few pictures I took after a cleaning

DSCN1464.JPG

DSCN1465.JPG

DSCN1466.JPG

DSCN1467.JPG

DSCN1468.JPG

DSCN1469.JPG

DSCN1470.JPG

Oil pressure not wired up yet cos the union won't fit the block without modding

DSCN1471.JPG

dscn1472.JPG

DSCN1473.JPG

DSCN1474.JPG

DSCN1475.JPG

Wheels need a refurb now

DSCN1476.JPG

Nice one, seems a shame to put that engine in - its so clean! :lol:

cool. that engine looks scchhhwwwweeeeeeettt

• 4 weeks later...

hello mate it all looks good just a quick question how dificult was it to get it running was there much you had to change? as i am fitting a turbo engine to my sr.

that engine is well clean mate... out of interest if you dnt mind me asking.. were did you pick it up from and how much did it set you back?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the late response

starlet trd - the engine will drop straight in without mods. however you need a front mount intercooler of some description as the top mount one won't fit under the bonnet.

it's all in the wiring, try and source an ep82 loom over an ep91 as it will be easier to patch in.

jamesySR - i got the engine from eBay, cost me around £400 including delivery. i've probably spent around another £100 blinging it and then around another £1000 on modding it

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the late response

starlet trd - the engine will drop straight in without mods. however you need a front mount intercooler of some description as the top mount one won't fit under the bonnet.

it's all in the wiring, try and source an ep82 loom over an ep91 as it will be easier to patch in.

jamesySR - i got the engine from ebay, cost me around £400 including delivery. i've probably spent around another £100 blinging it and then around another £1000 on modding it

cheers for that mate i have a ep82 loom what did you have to change on it mate??

most of it was on the fusebox side, getting the right voltages going to the right places

Where did u get your clear side repeaters?

Also where did u get your koni adjustables because i cant find them anywhere for my starlet?

clear side repeaters are available from toyota.

koni's are available from toby@ www.toytuning.co.uk <- Top bloke, will see you right.

Ian

• 1 year later...

Hi what ECU did you use on the engine.? Did you have to get a standerd ECU of a starlet ep82 turbo.

Or are the sportif standerd ecu the same as the starlet ep82 turbo ecu.

I would like to use a standerd ep82 turbo engine ecu. And then fit and plug in a bigyback blue GReddey ecu

lucian??

• 2 weeks later...

the ecu is from the ep82 GT, as is a lot of the engine wiring loom. it's not a plug and play conversion. but it's not overly hard either if you know what you're doing :)

DSC00860.JPG

Spec:

Engine:

4EFTE Engine, loom and gearbox conversion

Ross Forged Pistons

SCAT Rods

Lightened and balanced crank assembly

Ported and Polished Head, re-worked chambers, mani's size-matched

De-stressed block, oil galleys opened up

Hybrid Turbo

Custom made air intake with K&N air filter

JAM Manifold

Japspeed Decat pipe

Custom Made FMIC and piping

HKS FCD

HKS Actuator

SARD RRFPR

Blueflame exhaust system

330cc Injectors

Emanage Blue

Exterior

15" Speedline wheels

GMAX lowering springs on Koni Adjustable dampers

Autokraft tints

Clear indicators

JDM Crystal Headlamps

99 spec Glanza rear clusters

Laguna splitter

Interior

MR2 Turbo front seats

2 gauge pillar pod with oil pressure and boost

TC Shortshifter

SR Clocks

DSC00862.JPG

DSC00863.JPG

DSC00867.JPG

DSC00868.JPG

DSC00869.JPG

DSC00871.JPG

DSC00872.JPG

DSC00873.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, how much power do u reckon the car was making with these mods.

5EFE Engine Conversion

Powerflow Stainless Exhaust, Pipercroos air filter

BHP = ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
realistically around a 100bhp, the car is much more responsive with the 5e though

Sounds Sweet, Really impressed. I have the model down from that with Fuel injection, for my first car its extremely nippy, enjoying everyday of it (shes called "La Fonda").

Any Ideas on the interior, as i am a budding modder. I want to try and spice up the grey generic plastic. Im already in the process of changing the gear stick and handbrake lever, both with Sparco. Would love some gauges but nothing really to measure as i have not got the GT version and therefore no Turbo.

Once Again very very well done.

sorry to sound a bit stupid.....but what is a 5EFE Engine Conversion?....is it the turbo-charged glanza engine?

and i have a 1998 starlet just like yours....im 17 and i want to do a few mods on it, what do you think were the most effective mods.

also i've noticed you've taken the bonnet toyota Badge of the car...that would leave holes in the bonnet. and also you've taken the side grey strips of the car how did you manage this because that would leave holes aswell.

Sounds Sweet, Really impressed. I have the model down from that with Fuel injection, for my first car its extremely nippy, enjoying everyday of it (shes called "La Fonda").

Any Ideas on the interior, as i am a budding modder. I want to try and spice up the grey generic plastic. Im already in the process of changing the gear stick and handbrake lever, both with Sparco. Would love some gauges but nothing really to measure as i have not got the GT version and therefore no Turbo.

i've kept my interior pretty much standard mate. just added a few things that are an improvement over standard like SR clocks, MR2 Turbo front seats, and TC Shortshifter. along with the necessary boost and oil pressure gauge. :)

sorry to sound a bit stupid.....but what is a 5EFE Engine Conversion?....is it the turbo-charged glanza engine?

and i have a 1998 starlet just like yours....im 17 and i want to do a few mods on it, what do you think were the most effective mods.

also i've noticed you've taken the bonnet toyota badge of the car...that would leave holes in the bonnet. and also you've taken the side grey strips of the car how did you manage this because that would leave holes aswell.

a 5EFE conversion uses the 1.5 litre engine from the Toyota Paseo. it's the same engine as the starlet but with more capacity. nice little upgrade :)

most effective mods are the usual air filter and a well matched exhaust system, nothing too big. also a must have for the NA starlet is the Tubular manifold from the 'bugeye' 1.3 corolla. makes a good difference i'm told.

bonnet Badge indeed does leave 2 holes, something i have not got around to sorting yet as the bonnet is not in great condition and needs replacing. the side strips, however, leave no holes or anything so you can peel them off no prob. :)

i've kept my interior pretty much standard mate. just added a few things that are an improvement over standard like SR clocks, MR2 Turbo front seats, and TC Shortshifter. along with the necessary boost and oil pressure gauge. :)

also i've noticed you've taken the bonnet toyota badge of the car...that would leave holes in the bonnet. and also you've taken the side grey strips of the car how did you manage this because that would leave holes aswell.

a 5EFE conversion uses the 1.5 litre engine from the Toyota Paseo. it's the same engine as the starlet but with more capacity. nice little upgrade :)

most effective mods are the usual air filter and a well matched exhaust system, nothing too big. also a must have for the NA starlet is the Tubular manifold from the 'bugeye' 1.3 corolla. makes a good difference i'm told.

bonnet Badge indeed does leave 2 holes, something i have not got around to sorting yet as the bonnet is not in great condition and needs replacing. the side strips, however, leave no holes or anything so you can peel them off no prob. :)

thanks....all the exausts that i have seen for the starlet have included a big muffler, would the sound drive me mad?? and where would i get one that has a reasonable sized muffer?

Also if i get suspension lowered...sould i just get the lowering springs or the whole suspension, and would the ride be too hard to drive on an everyday basis? and would you recommend specific brands and where to get them 4rm?

the mr2 seats in the starlet...do they fit in easily?

I want to get an air filter, do you have any reccomendations...K&N?? shall i go for a universal one, because i can't find one specificly for the starlet.

The car dosn't have a rev counter, is there anywhey i can get one eg: taking instrument cluster from the glanza maybe??

on your car it has bike style number plates on it...is it just a direct replacement?

Last thing where did you get the laguna splitter 4rm?

Thanks

Anup :D