Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Auris In The Flesh

Juler

Popped into Budgens in Ascot on the way home from work this evening, and when I walked out, there was a Auris next to my Corolla. In Siver Steel, same as my SR, on a 56 plate with every sign of 'Auris' or 'Toyota' covered in black tape. The front bonet logo, rear logos, the "Toyoya GB" writing on the number plate, logos on the alloys, all totally covered up.

It was a basic model, so didn't have the sporty styling of my SR, but it looked smart enough. I thought with the Yaris growing it would be longer, but looked about the same as mine. A touch taller, and more curved, but it's still a Corolla at heart.

Assume the launch date must now be very soon?

Popped into Budgens in Ascot on the way home from work this evening, and when I walked out, there was a Auris next to my Corolla. In Siver Steel, same as my SR, on a 56 plate with every sign of 'Auris' or 'Toyota' covered in black tape. The front bonet logo, rear logos, the "Toyoya GB" writing on the number plate, logos on the alloys, all totally covered up.

It was a basic model, so didn't have the sporty styling of my SR, but it looked smart enough. I thought with the Yaris growing it would be longer, but looked about the same as mine. A touch taller, and more curved, but it's still a Corolla at heart.

Assume the launch date must now be very soon?

Cool! I've never seen a pre-launch car so I suppose you're lucky! The launch date is very early 2007 afaik and it's already on the Toyota website so have a look...

Don't like the sound of it being "a touch taller"!!!!! :!Removed!:

I believe the new Auris (aka Corolla every were but europe) is about 2 inches :eek: taller than the E12 Corolla. I thought the E12 was too tall. Do you really need all that head room in a car.

Why do they design cars like all like MPV's now :yawn: ? It would look good it it was 6 inches lower & the windscreen moved further back :thumbsup: .

pb

:wacko:

Why do they design cars like all like MPV's now :yawn: ? It would look good it it was 6 inches lower & the windscreen moved further back :thumbsup: .

pb

:wacko:

Yes,i understand you.I was wondering the same thing 2002 when the actual Corolla appeared.The older Corollas were lower and do not look like mpv's-i like them very much.But now this is the new fashion :afro: in the compact class-the cars are taller and look like mpv's.I didn't like the new Corolla at first,but i'm getting used to and now i like it. :yahoo:

I guess that all cars are getting bigger because the average height of a person is getting taller ...... plus there's alot of fatties around :P :lol: ;)

If you want an mpv - buy a Verso!

Why then Corolla must be like mpv?? I really don't get it...

Btw, have you seen a new 4-door version? It held the name 'Corolla' and it looks awful. :(

are you sure its an auris?

they areny being built in the uk yet and i cant seethem importing one from japan

are you sure its an auris?

they areny being built in the uk yet and i cant seethem importing one from japan

Yes, 100% certain. I'm sure they have a number in Europe at this stage. There is at least one at the Bologna Motor Show at the moment. Really should have taken a photo, but it didn't cross my mind at the time!

http://www.easier.com/view/News/Motoring/T...icle-88008.html