Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Disel Engine Oil Change

Perfection

I has a quote today by Mr T and they wanted £91 for and oil and filter change. Phoned National they say £21 using Duckhams semi-synthetic. Not sure what type of oil filter though.

The question is: is the Duchams oil going to be ok with the engine and also will it invalidates the manufacturer waranty if the oild filter is non-Mr T?

Had anyone tried National before?

I has a quote today by Mr T and they wanted £91 for and oil and filter change. Phoned National they say £21 using Duckhams semi-synthetic. Not sure what type of oil filter though.

The question is: is the Duchams oil going to be ok with the engine and also will it invalidates the manufacturer waranty if the oild filter is non-Mr T?

Had anyone tried National before?

Mr P

DIY.

Go buy a Toyota oil filter.

5 ltrs of Coma Deisel Light Semi Synthetic. From your local Motorfactors.

I agree with Rayburn.

If I wasn't a !Removed! to my warranty I would do it myself rather than give the tyre place's YTS trainee the possibility of !Removed! it up. I'd mind less if it was my own fault and there's nobody else to blame.

:thumbsup:

A

Rayburn, do you mean "Comma Diesel" - really just checking on the "Comma" bit - nobody makes more typos in posts than me! :D

[i use Comma Light Diesel.. seems OK.. Plus a Toyota filter £20

Guys, the toyota warranty is a !Removed! good tool, and if used right, a 2 year, 11 month old car can be transformed.

Toyota pretty much pay out for anything, as the dealership make money on doing Warren G's, they'll just assess to see if they'll get away with it with HQ!

Guys, the toyota warranty is a !Removed! good tool, and if used right, a 2 year, 11 month old car can be transformed.

Toyota pretty much pay out for anything, as the dealership make money on doing Warren G's, they'll just assess to see if they'll get away with it with HQ!

Also, £91 is OTT, ask for an ECO-SERVICE and there best price.

Watch the price tumble!!

"Guys, the toyota warranty is a !Removed! good tool, and if used right, a 2 year, 11 month old car can be transformed."

Fair do's but it does say in the Toyota service book that they will never refuse any warranty claim providing that parts of equal quality are used at the times specified in the service schedule - no matter who has done the work to the correct standard.

It is a European legal requirement that they do not try to tie you into servicing and repairs.

You do have to make sure that the oil and filter are of the right quality. The oil spec is in the book and the filter has to be a reputable brand but you could use Toyota and keep the receipt.

You should also keep a good record of work done as this might be required in the event of a claim.

Regards.........

"Guys, the toyota warranty is a !Removed! good tool, and if used right, a 2 year, 11 month old car can be transformed."

Fair do's but it does say in the Toyota service book that they will never refuse any warranty claim providing that parts of equal quality are used at the times specified in the service schedule - no matter who has done the work to the correct standard.

It is a European legal requirement that they do not try to tie you into servicing and repairs.

You do have to make sure that the oil and filter are of the right quality. The oil spec is in the book and the filter has to be a reputable brand but you could use Toyota and keep the receipt.

You should also keep a good record of work done as this might be required in the event of a claim.

Regards.........

Good recommendation: I think I will get the filter from Mr T and will get the oil some where else. Need to check my manual to see which viscosity I need.

Regards,

Exactly, they tie you in, sort of, to there parts, as they can easily compare a non-branded unit and call it crap and not to genuine quality.

As long as the garage that has fitted them has Techs with certificates or a trained/auth'd garage does the work, no issue's.

BUT, beware, you get a £330 quote for, lets say, a cam belt on a belted unit, and Mr Garage says £200, he fits the Toyota belt.

4 months on it snaps, along with 6 valves. Reckon Mr T Warren G will pay out?

Pay, Not pay, PAY, NOT PAY...

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!!!!!!! Come on, Come on, this is a toyota teaser...

Betting Ends............

NOPE! the muscle behind Toyota would easily over come the "I fitted it right" jibe from the garage guys. ALSO, SST's are designed to be REQUIRED, I have heard of garages, in COURT, to be told, there and then to supply proof of SST's used!!!

Sneaky, yes but clever at the same time. Toyota do want there cars to outlast the competition, they want parts sales to be solid, and a happy smile from the customer. TOYOTA get nothing from servicing, Dealership owners get that.

Alan.

Yes COMMA DIESEL LITE

Used the oil for years in my garage.

Good oil, not over priced. I've been round the oil factory at Graves end. Boy what an eye openner.

Alan, is that 1 n or 2.

Make TOYOTA

Model Yaris 1.4 D4D

Engine DT

Year 2002-2006

Application Recommendation Capacity (ltr)

Engine (DT) Recommended DIESEL LITE (t) 4.2

Alternative LITE (t)

Manual Transmission SX 75W90 GL-4 1.9

Automatic Transmission

Differential From Gearbox

Coolant (50%) XSTREAM GREEN 4.5

Wheel Bearings MULTIPURPOSE LITHIUM GREASE No.2

Brake Fluid DOT 4 ESP

Exactly, they tie you in, sort of, to there parts, as they can easily compare a non-branded unit and call it crap and not to genuine quality.

As long as the garage that has fitted them has Techs with certificates or a trained/auth'd garage does the work, no issue's.

BUT, beware, you get a £330 quote for, lets say, a cam belt on a belted unit, and Mr Garage says £200, he fits the Toyota belt.

4 months on it snaps, along with 6 valves. Reckon Mr T Warren G will pay out?

Pay, Not pay, PAY, NOT PAY...

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!!!!!!! Come on, Come on, this is a toyota teaser...

Betting Ends............

NOPE! the muscle behind Toyota would easily over come the "I fitted it right" jibe from the garage guys. ALSO, SST's are designed to be REQUIRED, I have heard of garages, in COURT, to be told, there and then to supply proof of SST's used!!!

Sneaky, yes but clever at the same time. Toyota do want there cars to outlast the competition, they want parts sales to be solid, and a happy smile from the customer. TOYOTA get nothing from servicing, Dealership owners get that.

You have to consider similar examples;

If it is oil and filter the even Toyota would have great difficulty in getting out of a warranty claim if you fitted either a Fram or Crosland (orther reputable brand). If the engine failed inside the warranty period and they claimed it was due to the incorrect (not genuines Toyota) filter then they would face litigation from the filter manufacturer as well as the car owner. If the filter itself failed then the filter manufacturer is liable. Don't forget that Toyota buy all these consumables in from outside suppliers.

None of the major oil companies actually blend motor oil they only refine it. The blending is done by companies like Fuchs (Silkolene) and Century, or even the place where rayburn visited. The oils are blended to a specification which is all Toyota ask you to use. Rest assured that Toyota also buy in oil and probably have more than one supplier. I used to work for a brake pad manufacturer and we used to supply branded parts for most manufacturer's spare parts programs. You could also buy the same pads from Halfords at half the price - not similar, the same.

With regard to a timing belt then that is a different kettle of fish because the success depends upon the correct tension for which Toyota have a fancy tool. Toyota probably insist on changing the tensioner/idler pulley which also jacks up the cost.

However, if the repairing garage can demonstrate that they had the correct tools and changed the recommended parts then Toyota would have a pretty tough time in rejecting the warranty if an engine fault occured. You cannot expect them to uphold the warranty if the belt broke through faulty manufacture unless it was supplied by them. If it was for example a gates belt then Gates would be responsible for the belt and any consequential damage.

The manufacturer muscles are not as powerful under current laws.

PS What is an SST?

Quote " You could also buy the same pads from Halfords at half the price - not similar, the same.

Quite right AM.

Plus on my newish Yaris you can look through the wheels and see Bosch stamped on the pads.

This along with other Genuine Toyota parts makea a mockery of use only Genuine.

When changing your own oil and filter, do peeps on here use Genuine Toyota filter or another brand.

Toyota do not Make oil. As already stated, they put in oil at a certain spec.

R

I went through same questions recently. Buy the Toyota parts. I recently bought Oil and Air filter and they were cheaper (not by much) than local Parts Shop, which was a surprise.

As for oil go for Halfords, they are all made to a spec.