Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Tsport

Antd4agze

Hi

I may be ordering a TS for my wife soon. The body colours shown in the brochure are quite limited.I know it boils down to personal taste,but which colour suits the TS best?

Also, can I order the TTE bodykit /other ,lowering springs,performance exhaust ,etc when I order the car.Basically does anyone know which extras if any [besides the ones in the brochure] can one order when placing an order for the car?

Thanx in advance

Ant

Look at mine :-) It´s black...

for more pictures see http://www.martenhem.com/minbil.html

When i ordered the car i bought TTE front and rear spoilers at the same time and the dealer fit it for me....i think it´s possible with lowering springs and exhaust also beacuse Toyota-dealers sell everything TTE does.

.......I know it boils down to personal taste,but which colour suits the TS best?

Also, can I order the TTE bodykit /other, lowering springs, performance exhaust etc....

It's a personal choice.

Think about what you want your car to look like? If you like to stand out pick Red, want to blend in get white, want to be fashion consious pick black. These would be the most popular, but the blue is good also. There are certain paint colors that have a metalic finish, I know the color INK (black) is metalic paint.

I choose Black ink, even though its the hardest to keep clean, it looks the best when it is.

I'd also consider white, but only with some aftermarket touches to the wheels and rubber. I'd get 17inch black 5 spoke dished rims, this would look meaner against a white body, but still hold its stock look. I like my cars to look stock, or just off. So no muffler mods, keep it all induction \ engine noise...

You really can't go wrong..

Thanx for the reply sportivo. I'm a bit partial to red. Out of the 4 cars we've had upto now 3 were red and one metallic flaked maroon.I've seen a red Tsport on this website and it looks cool with the TTE spoilers.We're going to the dealers this weekend to have a look around the showroom.Hopefully we'll be certain by then.

Thanx

Ant

was told the thunder grey is the proper colour for the corolla sport

Colour is a matter of taste. I selected Quick Silver (this is what they call thunder grey here in Finland) because it's a unique colour to T Sport models (at least in Finland) and it looks very good. You can't have it in any other "standard" model, only T Sport. Black, red and other colours are common to all models.

I chose Thunder Grey due to the fact I could've either had a red one with 5 doors or a thunder grey with 3 doors. I wanted a 3 door as it looks slightly more sporty so that was that!

Looked nice in red too but there's not exactly an inspired choice of colours from Toyota :(

THUNDER GREY!!!!!!

its such an amazin colour it changes with the weather.

when its thundery and dark outside the car looks dark and grey and silver and really wicked and fast

when its sunny it looks champagne and expensive and wicked and fast

and it HIDES SCRATCHES BETTER THAN RED

survey of TYPE R owners who had choice of red, black or silver ------ black most popular, then silver, then red.

Red is good if you like it but it is really common so i think thunder grey would be cool

Well,we've had a browse round the showroom today. Saw a thunder grey TSport...and we both[wife and me ] didn't like it very much. I can't understand why Toyota has limited the colour choice so badly. If only they were awesome colours :crybaby: .In the end ,the car is for my wife and she seems a bit put off the TSport now. Red is completely out ,though she may still go for the black.How much do u guys reckon would it cost to have it completely resprayed?Just a thought cos that would obviously involve some warranty issues.

Also,why on earth does it costs so much to have the 6-disc in dash changer installed..£613.68! Are they mad?!! I have fitted cd changers in the boot before and I didn't find any hassle with that. Would it be just as straight forward with the CTS.

Anyway,I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my wife won't fall out of favour with the CTS.I've convinced her so far that its the best car for the money![3 out of our 4 cars have been Toyotas over the past 10 years.]

Anyway...

Cheers

Ant :help:

you want to resprayed a brand new car in a different colour ? :o

i am not even gonna comment on this :!Removed!:

Yeah,T128...I know it sounds ridiculous :lol: ! More like clutching onto straws mate :lol: . Good news though...she's gonna have the black.She's even been looking at body kits and all.Its gonna be a 5-door,so we're struggling to find some side skirts as the 3door skirt won't fit.

Can anyone tell me if the twin exit silencer that Toyota sells as an extra is indeed the TTE one. The salesman didn't seem to have a clue.Also,is there a rear bumper spoiler available through the dealers.

Thanx

Ant :thumbsup:

hi,

if it is an toyota orignal part (exaust), then indeed it is an TTE part, since dealers can find them in their accessories catalogue...

what you have to get is TTE back spoiler (probably already on), and TTE lowering springs (30 mm), those two things you gotta get and car looks much better with them...everything else is a matter of personal taste...

spwolf,

Yes it has the rear spoiler on as standard. I saw the twin exit rear silencer on a thread after I last posted and it does say "TTE" on the pipes... so u r correct,thanx ;) .

Are the TTE lowering springs only available in the 30mm? I was more thinking of 40mm ones. We would probably get some 17's on in the future...would this cause any harm to the socks. MS Design sells 40mm lowering springs and apparently they would be ok with 18's.

Ant

hi ant

i am happy for you make sure you check the car fully especaily the paint work even under the achers just have a good look around the car before you hand the cheque over goodluck :thumbsup:

Sure will T128 :D .

eavp...Its gonna be black alright! :angry: :P :lol:

Im just glad she finally decided on a colour. :)

Ant

PS.Is it worth forking £613 quid out for the 6-disc in dash changer?

PS.Is it worth forking ?13 quid out for the 6-disc in dash changer?

NO ! dont do it for chirst sake :eek:

Are the TTE lowering springs only available in the 30mm? I was more thinking of 40mm ones. We would probably get some 17's on in the future...would this cause any harm to the socks. MS Design sells 40mm lowering springs and apparently they would be ok with 18's.

You probably dont want to anything lower than 30mm based on my personal experience in CTS since you wont have much suspension travel left... but 30mm and 17" wheels will look splendid..even stock wheels look great when lowered 30mm... 18s will look better but keep in mind that you dont want them too big, it will slow ur car a bit

On earlier posts there is something about a facia adapter from america.

I got one for just over £20 including postage and put a proper stereo in the car.

!!!!!!Its well worth it!!!!!!!!