Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wanting Some Advice On Celica Gt

mcsky

hi ppl, well i currently own a yaris hehe but yups time for me to move onto bigger things and i wanna stick with Toyota and quite fancy the Celica GT, 94-99 model

i'm definately wanting a black 1, but quite hard to find 1 with low mileage, i've seen 1 that is being sold from a dealers, its an N reg celica GT in black, looks immaculate from the outside, unsure about the inside, its got 130,000miles on the clock, and the price is £2195, isit worth it u think and do u think the celica engine could hold out for much longer? reaching 200,000miles? or do u think it will die very soon lol

my budget is around £2000 and i'm wanting a celica GT with lowish miles if possible, preferably in black, but dont mind white, dont really like any other colours, if any1 knows anything around close to what i'm looking for please PM me :thumbsup:

The engine'll be fine. I wouldn't worry about milage too much, the celica's are well built. Mines over 110k and still sounds smooth and doesn't burn any oil (3SGE engine, not 3SFE, I get the impression that some FE's start to burn oil as they get old). Of course its a factor, but I'm sure a celica thats been well looked after at 100k + miles would be better than a neglected one at 70k. From my experience with mine, i'd say:

- Celica clutches last about 100k. The clutch pedal shouldn't be heavy. If the clutch hasn't been done at 100k miles, it'll probably need doing soon. You'll need to see it at full throttle at 4k+ rpm in second to make sure the clutch isn't slipping (and that the engine sounds smooth). A new clutch is at least £300.

- It should have toyota 4-life coolant. If its on its second cambelt change (which should be done on 50-60k intervals), the water pump and tensioner should be changed at the same time. The cambelt/water pump/tensioner job is £350-£400. If the pump hasn't been done, it can seize, shredding the cambelt. Not having 4-life coolant will increase corrosion and wear on the pump.

- There should be no knocking noises from the suspension. Rattle's from the dashboard and door cards are common (which can be fixed by yourself if you take the time to work out where they're coming from). Only other problem I've had with mine are bolts from the plastic engine undertray rusting off. Having to drill them out and replace them to prevent the undertray falling off.

I've a facelift 1998 GT (UK) with 110,000 miles, nice leather interior. Its got a new clutch, new cambelt, water pump, tensioner, 4life coolant, full history, regularly serviced, runs smooth as silk. I personally wouldn't let mine go for less than 3k. So to get one for a grand less, its gonna be older with high miles.

*******! so much stuff to check, i'l be honest i dont actually know much about cars, but yeh i guess i'd need some sort of full check, best to get someone who knows more to go with me. any of u guys free? lol the car is in nottingham

Your going to want one with the 3SGE and not 3SFE aswell mate, but i'm not 100% on which years the FE was around... Just make sure it has the GE engine as these are 173bhp :thumbsup:

*******! so much stuff to check, i'l be honest i dont actually know much about cars, but yeh i guess i'd need some sort of full check, best to get someone who knows more to go with me. any of u guys free? lol the car is in nottingham

Don't panic mate, not too much stuff to check. I'll break it down into a list:

1. Service history. Make sure its been regularly serviced/oil changed.

2. Again, in the service history, make sure the cambelt has been done at 50 to 60k intervals. Every other cambelt change, the water pump and 'hydraulic cambelt tensioner' should have been changed, and the liquid in the coolant system should be 'toyota 4life coolant'. You can't tell this by looking at it, you'll need to ask, and ideally see it in the service history.

3. Sound. Its an obvious one, but make sure things sound smooth when its driven. Smooth sounding power delivery from the engine, no knocking noises.

4. Clutch. Celica's clutch life is typically 100k. If the clutch pedel feels damn heavy, and it doesn't bite untill high up the pedal travel, the clutch is worn and it'll need a new one. Make sure the clutch doesn't slip and the engine sounds nice, by giving it some heafty amounts of throttle in 2nd gear, rev it up to 6k (once the engines had a chance to warm up that is).

Oh and if the engine looks like this Link, buy it! Buy it now!

You can have mine if you want mate... Only 105000 miles... It's a bit older than what you're looking for but a good deal cheaper...lol

Hey,

Good choice of car to go for and the best model too ;) All UK GTs have the 3S-GE and a cracking engine it is too. I did the cambelt myself for £42 but got a quote of £170. Had the clutch changed on Tuesday after 79k miles by Mr. Clutch for £253 but you can get it done for as little as £200. Trouble is my fly needed skimming which bumped the price up to over £300 :(

Good luck on the hunt, (you should be able to get something pretty good for around £2k.) There will always be people here to give more specific advice if you need it.

Ben

thanx for the advice ppl. zilli, how much u wanting for it, cud u PM me a price? but preferably i definately want the 94-99 model, i love the rear of the car so much lol, yeh i mean if 130,000miles is still ok for that engine, then i may go view it and test drive it, its like 36miles away from me, its in nottingham, so gotta be sure if i feel the 130,000mileage is ok

problem is trying to find a black 1 lol, thats the only 1 really i want, colour wise. white i guess is ok, but black just looks the bomb. hard to find 1 with low mileage

blacks a bugger to keep clean .

Good Luck finding a 10-12 year old car with low mileage , mines got 120.000 on the clock but the engines only done about 65,000 k .

Its kinda for sale , need it til i buy a new car but when i get a new one it'll be sold properly , good few interested already .

:D whos got a MANUAL TT supra for me....not in red :D and under £5231 lol

urs is for sale!? how much u wanting for it when u do come to sell? hehehe

well i've seen some on trader with around 70k on the clock, but then they are in colours which dont interest me

Shame cos I know of one going for £5232 :P :laughing:

Shame cos I know of one going for £5232 :P :laughing:

:lol: me ol mum is going to lend me the £1 :yahoo:

I'm honestly getting ****** off with people who dont look after their supra's :angry: its a future classic people , quit messing them up - next crap one i go see the owners getting a slap :yes:

urs is for sale!? how much u wanting for it when u do come to sell? hehehe

well i've seen some on trader with around 70k on the clock, but then they are in colours which dont interest me

The most i can get for it :lol:

I'll put it in at £2k ono see what happens i guess . Maybe a bit hopefull but its a crackin wee car :yes:

celi2-1.jpg

Mines got 88k on it.. Black is so hard to keep clean espically in the winter months. Reakon if you find a good 1 they should go around the 1800-2500 mark dependin on age.. I wouldnt let mind go for less than 2k and thats an L.

hi ppl, well i currently own a yaris hehe but yups time for me to move onto bigger things and i wanna stick with Toyota and quite fancy the Celica GT, 94-99 model

i'm definately wanting a black 1, but quite hard to find 1 with low mileage, i've seen 1 that is being sold from a dealers, its an N reg celica GT in black, looks immaculate from the outside, unsure about the inside, its got 130,000miles on the clock, and the price is £2195, isit worth it u think and do u think the celica engine could hold out for much longer? reaching 200,000miles? or do u think it will die very soon lol

my budget is around £2000 and i'm wanting a celica GT with lowish miles if possible, preferably in black, but dont mind white, dont really like any other colours, if any1 knows anything around close to what i'm looking for please PM me :thumbsup:

Hi,

I have a 1996 2.2litre Auto in metallic Grey, its the only one like it i have seen, 76k KM's on (import), goes great, wouldnt advise the white. I will be selling mine soon, i would ask for £3k but settle for around £2 & 1/2 - interested ??

An american import ?

Arent the engines a bit lacking ?

Im waiting till the New Year before deciding if I want a GT4 :!Removed!: or more to the point see if I have the money to afford a good one!

God Damn Jones 32, crismillencolin and AdamGT! :lol::thumbsup:

Heres a few pics of my car (and personally I would not buy a celica under 120,000 miles! :lol: )

CelicaGT.jpg

CelicaBackAngle2-1.jpg

CelicaFrontAngle2.jpg

CelicaFrontAngle.jpg

a073fcf1.jpg

God Damn Jones 32, crismillencolin and AdamGT! :lol::thumbsup:
:laughing: You know it makes sense :P :thumbsup:

mainly interested in Special Reds and also Chris202's celicas, drop me a PM either of u when u have plans of selling, i am very interested indeed

oh and special red, whats ur mileage on urs? cheerz

ok whoever is thinking of selling their black celica GT's i have CASH WAITING! my sisters bf has agreed to lend me the cash mwahaha, and i want 1 badly, get in contact with me by PM or u can e-mail me on mc_sky7788@yahoo.com or add me on msn with glover7788@yahoo.com

thanx ppl

as said before bud , my wont be going anywhere til i've got a new car .

I need a car , and finding the right car is proving tricky :(