Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres Needed

jf2404

Where is the best / cheapest place to get new tyres from ?.

I just have the basic tyres that come with my T3, no alloys or anything fancy.

My service in November showed the tread getting close to the "red" area, unfortunatley on all 4 tyres.

Might aswell get them all done now before the snow arrives and I end up in a hedge :D .

I got my last one from Kwick-Fit any better / cheaper national companies out there ?.

I go to my local family run place, good prices and great work. Forget getting the GT2 things again, go for the Bridgestone B391! :thumbsup:

Yeah, the B391s are so much better. Quieter and less prone to understeer. Cheaper too.

A

As has already been mentioned www.mytyres.co.uk and www.blackcircles.co.uk if you want to get fitted prices.

Local tyre fitters on a Saturday is best bet - lads do love their cash jobs, especially as the manager's usually don't do weekend work! ;)

As above:

www.mytyres.co.uk

or

www.blackcircles.co.uk

I found the latter better on price for some tyres, but not all.

I ran B391's on the Yaris, but they were discontinued, and by the time I'd sold it in October, she was wearing B330 Evo's (Bridgestone's replacements for the B391's, and a better tyre).

I sold a complete set of 4 Yaris T3 steel wheels, tyres with 1300 miles worth of wear and wheel trims on here about two months back.............ALL for £60..........A real bargain :)

It took a long time to get a sale............................WHERE WERE YOU THEN!!!! :ffs:

Funds permitting I shall be getting some new tyres for the Blue in January, it wheel span like crazy today - it always does in the wet on the standard tyres & as been said above I dont really want to end up in a hedge! :lol:

Might aswell get them all done now before the snow arrives and I end up in a hedge :D .

Doesnt matter how new your tyres are if you hit ice you'll end up in the hedge regardless....

I drive down winding country lanes to get to work - its great fun (just like a rally track! :lol: ) but will be lethal in icy weather, i'll be getting studded tyres I think.... :lol::lol:

I actually find (and always have) that the standard Yaris tyres are very good and grip well in all situations, occasional wheel spin in wet weather or if I'm too heavy with the old right foot, but generally, I'm pleased with the tyres and how they function - I think I still have about a metres worth of tread left to go.... :lol::lol:

The original tyres are suprisingly long-lasting. When I sold my Yaris a few weeks ago it still had the original tyres on the rear & it was over 6 years old with over 32k on the clock

Winter steelies going on this weekend. Slimy roads and near-finished tyres are making are making going interesting :)

A

What are the yaris standard tyres ?.

Not sure if mine has the original ones or replacements.

On a T3 of that year (53/54) Goodyear GT2's were the standard fit

What are the yaris standard tyres ?.

Not sure if mine has the original ones or replacements.

On a T3 of that year (53/54) Goodyear GT2's were the standard fit

...if its French (ie has a "V" at the start of the VIN) but if its Japanese it will have had Bridgeston B391s.

Remember I had a 53 Japanese T3 followed 8 months later by the current 54 French T3 ;)

A

Ah, but yours was T2 and so on 13" wheels which all (iirc) got B391s. I was only talking about T3s ;)

A

• 4 weeks later...

Only just joined so Hello everyone

I realise this is resurecting an oldish thread now but after months of complaining about the standard of tyres (Eurotours if anyone has hear of them?) I bought my Yaris with (3 Years/20k miles ago). I've finally decided to bite the bullet and buy some new ones.

Only got the standard 14" wheels on my car (175/65/R14/82T) so I can't fit the Toyo TR1s everyone seemed to like in an even older thread.

Done some searching about and it now seems Toyo do a tyre that fits with the 330s here

Toyo

Proxes will also fit now any reason (other than cost) not to go for a higher load/speed and stick Proxes on?

Anyone tried it yet or should I go with the safe Bridgestone 330 Evo option?

Not really too bothered about wear(within reason)

Thanks

I can't really talk about the difference in Toyo tyres but I know that a high percentage of people on here recommend Toyos so if I was looking at replacing mine I'd probably go for some made by them.

I've never heard of Eurotours & as far as I'm aware all Yaris' were fitted with Bridgestones so I think they were probably fitted as replacements to the original tyres

Oh, and welcome to the club

Only just joined so Hello everyone

I realise this is resurecting an oldish thread now but after months of complaining about the standard of tyres (Eurotours if anyone has hear of them?) I bought my Yaris with (3 Years/20k miles ago). I've finally decided to bite the bullet and buy some new ones.

Only got the standard 14" wheels on my car (175/65/R14/82T) so I can't fit the Toyo TR1s everyone seemed to like in an even older thread.

Done some searching about and it now seems Toyo do a tyre that fits with the 330s here

Toyo

Proxes will also fit now any reason (other than cost) not to go for a higher load/speed and stick Proxes on?

Anyone tried it yet or should I go with the safe Bridgestone 330 Evo option?

Not really too bothered about wear(within reason)

Thanks

Depends on the driving style. I found no problems with the Bridgestones, but them I wasn't alwasy chucking it around. When I did require grip though, it was there. Lasted well too, and probably longer than the toyo's will.

Still, the Toyo's are an excellent tyre and offer superb grip.

Neverheard of Eurotours - did you get the car from new, as they're not standard tyres...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links