Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Does Your 4.3 Handle?

ian2144

Some one once said to me if your getting a 4x4 get a Rav 4 they handle well !!....... now I have one.

Compared to some of our previous 4x4's our new XT4 understeers quite a bit on greasy roads.

I feels more like a frontwheel drive, or am I just pushing it to far?....... and we don't want lift off oversteer as were on the Queens highway!!

When the snow comes I'll get a better Idea of how it will behave. I would like to hear your views on this please?

I must admit it does understeer a bit in my experience with it so far but only when you push it to doing so!

Some one once said to me if your getting a 4x4 get a Rav 4 they handle well !!....... now I have one.

Compared to some of our previous 4x4's our new XT4 understeers quite a bit on greasy roads.

I feels more like a frontwheel drive, or am I just pushing it to far?....... and we don't want lift off oversteer as were on the Queens highway!!

When the snow comes I'll get a better Idea of how it will behave. I would like to hear your views on this please?

I thought mine was quite good but I guess I'm too scared of bending it to push it to the limit. I paid more for it than I paid for my first house! :D

No I'm not that old it's just not the cheapest car!!

I'll just hope that it gets me out of trouble one day when I get it all wrong. :thumbsup:

I have a 4.2 and find this understeers in greasy conditions too. Full wet or dry it is ok. I think It has to do with tyre choice. I am still on Duellers, but hopefully soon (if the dam things ever wear down) I will change to see if it is any better. I do tend to push quite hard and find a lot of front end drift around roundabouts !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links