Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Auris

rolley

Just thought it would be a good idea to see what people would like out of the Auris.

Being the replacement for the corolla we can kind of base our thoughts from the current corolla and some of the things that we don't like about it so much and things that can be improved on in the Auris.

Maybe Toyota might read this and think about some of it if its valid

If i were to buy one to replace my Corolla T Sport

1st of all another T Sport option, but with a bit more grunt lower end to wind you up to lift quicker

2nd. Better handling, lower centre of gravity and maybe harder suspension (or maybe for the top spec an option of active suspension which can adjust to the driving style and road (probably an expensive option but :thumbsup: if they could)

3rd Sporty bodykit like the Compressor has now!!!

4th MP3 stereo, alright you can stick in an aftermarket cd player but it does look a bit of a :censor:

5th xenon lights (a must have i'm getting fed up of everyone else with them on up my backside) SO IT'LL BE MY REVENGE :lol:

6th gizmos such as rain sensing windscreen wipers etc etc not essential in my eyes but to some it will be an added option

Probably most of the ideas will be in the Auris but thought it'd give an idea of what we want from Toyota for christmas!!! :lol:

Better engines, better chasis, more refinement pweez

The compressor was fun when i had one but its not got the fun factor it could have. The compressor in honesty wasn't miles ahead of the standard ts it just had more freely availble pickup.

Now the auris should be a different beast. For the standard owners t3 type models i think they removed that silly CVT box that has the engine screeming in first gear. The chasis is new so expect a better more thrilling driving experience and they have the t180 which i cannot wait to get my hands on. And fingers crossed it can be chipped to 225.

Toyota know that the TS has to be something special, i'm expecting something sporty looking more so than the compressor, and i read it's going to have 250bhp. I would have one again if i didnt have to travel 40miles round trip per day.

Theres nothing wrong with the corolla really it just needs jazzing up and more refinement. I think the new chasis and new dual vvti and performance diesel's will work quite nicely!

dont count on a tsport. but the auris will be an improvement on current model.

i would expect more details from toyota after christmas

dont count on a tsport. but the auris will be an improvement on current model.

i would expect more details from toyota after christmas

Having looked at the images in the other threads i do feel that toyota have missed out on the oportunity to create something more stylish and refined and break that bland design image they seem to be carrying around.

The standard models are an improvement and are moving with the times but i do think they could of added a bit more refinement. One things for sure they can't seem to get the back ends in proportion. Having said that i think it will do phenominally well because i'm sure it will be great to drive, reliable and well priced. It would probably score highly in eveything making it a good all rounder.

Fingers crossed these supposed styling packages will give more flexibility.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought toyota had stoppped the tsport due them not getting emmissions down enough for new regs.

Compressor was supposed the bowing out finale of tsport so if they do make performance Auris it will more than likely be a diesel power plant

IMO only :)

Compressor was supposed the bowing out finale of tsport so if they do make performance Auris it will more than likely be a diesel power plant

Diesel T-sport? :yawn: That's boring. No 4-cylinder diesel can make 225 h.p. or more like 1.8T-sport compressor. :D

Diesel T-sport? :yawn: That's boring. No 4-cylinder diesel can make 225 h.p. or more like 1.8T-sport compressor. :D

I agree

I would like to see a new version of the Tsport on the Auris but the tsport production was stopped due to VVTLi engine not meeting the regulations so this wont be the engine used.

Unless MrT has a new engine in the making then the only option would the 180 dls unit they have.

yhe 2.2 D4D can be chipped to well over 200bhp, and even in std form it pee's all over the cts as it has about 400nm of torque twice that of the CTS, so in a cts while youre changing down or waiting for lift the diesels already gone

But the diesel dies at 4000-5000 rpm.. :blink: Have you also noticed how diesel starts with the word "die...."

:lol: The VVTL-i runs to over 8300 rpm.. :yahoo: Yes you can chip the diesel to over 200 h.p. and in this case the turbine can be broken easily.The diesel motor is heavier and the handling suffers.

I'd personally like to see the Auris rebranded as the New Corrolla, so as not confusing people as to what it is and also not devaluing the second hand Corrolla market.

yhe 2.2 D4D can be chipped to well over 200bhp, and even in std form it pee's all over the cts as it has about 400nm of torque twice that of the CTS, so in a cts while youre changing down or waiting for lift the diesels already gone

This is very true. "Performed an overtaking manoeuver" in my mum's Rav T180 for the first time the other day. Effortlessly swift (mwa ha ha ha ha!). My dealer's already trying to sell me a diesel Auris... :rolleyes:

But the diesel dies at 4000-5000 rpm.. :blink: Have you also noticed how diesel starts with the word "die...."

Some of you people talk such "bottom". :!Removed!:

A

I have spoken to 3 Toyota dealers and they all say they have heard the Auris will have a T Sport later this year (2007). Although they don't produce the T Sport Rola anymore it doesn't mean to say they won't produce a new engine for the Auris T Sport within regulations. Chris.S I take it from your post that your a Toyota rep? Have you heard of a confirmed T Sport later in 2007? I can't believe Toyota won't do one since they have a Yaris T sport coming out soon espcially with the Civic Type R (spaceship looking bug). I will look at buying a T Sport Auris in 2008 (will give it a while to iron out the 1st batch if niggling issues 1st!) BTW Chris - love the compressor

Would like to see (same as other post)

MP3 player as standard

HID bulbs

I would like to see a seat that goes about an inch further back than the old corollla, its difficult if you have long legs!

I would like to see a seat that goes about an inch further back than the old corollla, its difficult if you have long legs!

You see i don't have that problem so i don't care!!! I'm a short :censor: !!!!!!

:lol:

P.s I heard about the new Yaris T Sport too, apparently it has a nice 1.8 in it however i think its the new dual VVTi producing a nice 136 bhp the 2ZR-FE check out this site

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/07/16/new...ant-for-toyota/

Well this is my first post here.

I was looking at the parts file for the new auris during the week, looking at just the oil filters it seems that they are changing them to cartridge type filter i cant figure if this is a diesel engine or the new 1.6

Just a little bit of info for ye

Auris 180 will have sports suspension - multilink instead of torsion beam, wich is huge change - completly different back suspension. That should give you quite a lot better handling than TS (which I loved, for all of its faults)...

Stop teasing, i had a compressor and now i'm eagerly awaiting the launch of the t180 and i'm not going to see it till april.

I'm counting the days....... I just hope it lives up to my expectations as i nearly bought an avensis then i heard about this.