Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing And Warranty

Danny256

I recently bought an 18 month old Avensis with 14,000 miles on it. When I went to pick it up, the place I bought it off had serviced it and stamped the 20,000 miles service in the book. Does this invalidate my waranty? If so, will going to a dealer for a service make things right (bearing in mind the stamp in the book) or have I now lost my waranty? And if I do go to a dealer, should I go at 20,000 for another 20,000 mile service or wait 'til 25,000 and take it for a 30,000 mile service? And one other thing: I use it as a taxi. They can't use that as grounds to refuse doing waranty work, can they?

Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

Dan.

That pretty much just means that they did some work early. The warranty period is measured either by the calendar or your odometer. I would'nt worry about it.

Yes it does matter.... if you have it service by Toyota at 20,000 they may let it go...they will will easily be able to tell ( especially as you've had your book stamped!) but may turn a blind eye... to keep your custom but then again, someone else has touched it/serviced it, so it has proably invalidated your warranty as if someone thing goes wrong in the future...they could say it was due to the service carried out by a Non-toyota Dealer.. hence won't be covered.

If you miss the service..because it was serviced else where... bye bye warranty.

Vipes.

Yeah, I thought I might go to the dealer and say 'will my Waranty be valid if I get my 20,000 mile service here because if so, here's the money to pay for the service'. That might give them a bit of incentive to say it's OK!