Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Colour Disklok Would You Buy?

Kev Mc

19 members have voted

1. 1. What would you choose?

• Yellow
    • Silver
    • Chrome

I'd not buy any, they look !Removed!, are a PITA to lug about, can scratch the leather on the steering wheel, and can be removed in under 20 seconds bya "good" thief.

A better idea is a snap oif steeringhweel boss... take the wheel with you :D I have one going spare in VW/Porsche/Audi fitment if anyone is after one

lol hes probably bothered about his airbag :P

I seroiusly cannot believe you posted a thread kev :P (Hey that ryhmes B) )

Get the yellow one and paint it black or sommat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kev Mc

• Gnome

• Karma Supra

• chris202

I'd not buy any, they look shyte, are a PITA to lug about, can scratch the leather on the steering wheel, and can be removed in under 20 seconds bya "good" thief.

A better idea is a snap oif steeringhweel boss... take the wheel with you :D I have one going spare in VW/Porsche/Audi fitment if anyone is after one

Does it matter if they dont look that good ? They are there to do a job not a fashion item :yes:

yeah they can scuff the leather a little but not much and a good leather cream will hide it anyway,

It takes you longer than 20seconds to remove it with its key :lol:

It can also be moved from car to car no matter what model the size usually fits :rolleyes:

And as for it being PITA to lug about...its in the back of the car or in the boot :blink:

i'd class taking your sterring wheel off and carrying that about for 2 hours more of a PITA,

esp if i'm shopping or gone to the pub ;)

And if all else fails maybe you can hit the thief with it :lol::lol:

Jaxx isn't a fan for some reason either :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Was about to say :lol::lol::lol:

can be removed in under 20 seconds bya "good" thief.

But they cant be removed by several TOCers or the RAC after waiting several hours....... ;)

DSC02434.jpg

Of the 3, silver for me mate ;)

Personally I'd get a Cat 1 alarm :)

If someone wants to steal your car, they will regardless!

exactly.. the harder you make it.... the harder (if they want it) they will try, and the more damage they do

TBH at end of day Kev... its a f****** disc lok... does it matter what !Removed! colour it is?

TBH at end of day Kev... its a f****** disc lok... does it matter what bloody colour it is?

This is why we love JJ - she says it like it is! :lol::lol:

I've got a silver one you can have if you want...

Don't use it anymore after I destroyed my rear view mirror while taking it off a couple of years and 2 cars ago :P

If you want to steal a car, think like a thief.

Which one will I go for?

One that ‘looks’ easy (no visual deterrent, no steering lock etc) or one that has a big f**k off Disc Lock in day glow yellow fitted to it.

I have the Autolok 2000 on my car and never leave it without it fitted.

You never know how many times someone has looked at your car will the intention to steal it, if they decide to pick another one that’s easier to steal due to that particular deterrent, it’s paid for itself 10 times over.

Answer to your question: Yellow

It’s more visual from a distance.

Its actually been proven that, given the choice, a thief will choose an older car over a newer car - easier to nick.

I've never stolen anything in my life, however if I was to, I would go for the easiest, quickest option (of course) - but thats not going to be Kevs Golf - its going to be the clapped out Ford Fiesta he's parked next to....

And thats a fact. 9 out of 1o car thieves prefer it.... :lol:

I dont have one, as I said, they're vulgar and being a single woman alone in the car 99% of the time, I'd much rather be able to get in my car, lock the door and drive away from any possible danger as soon as I can rather than have to fiddle with a massive wheel lock, which I probably would not be able to lift anyway!

Like with most things.... if they are going to nick something, a deterrent will not stop them trying.... :unsure: In fact, I'd put money on them giving it a go anyway.

What about the thiefs who want a car to sell on or cut up ?

Kev's is a sought after model , make a few changes pap it on eBay or wherever and hope someone buys your nicked golf . I say buy one , yellow or silver .

The more people that don’t have one the better................. for me!

They will choose your car instead.

Don’t buy one :thumbsup:

You're in liverpool though ain't ya?

You're oozing high crime... :D

Not any more, we're too busy filling the city with other people's cultures, lots of people have forgot about our own culture (i.e. robbing cars) ;)

exactly.. the harder you make it.... the harder (if they want it) they will try, and the more damage they do

TBH at end of day Kev... its a f****** disc lok... does it matter what !Removed! colour it is?

:laughing: JJ you rule icon_notworthy.gif

No, it doesn't matter 1 iota what colour it is but seems as I have a choice I was wondering what every1 liked more

I've got a silver one you can have if you want...

Don't use it anymore after I destroyed my rear view mirror while taking it off a couple of years and 2 cars ago :P

Not very comfortable with the idea of just taking it off you but I'll have a think about it, I really appreciate the offer, thanks :thumbsup:

Which one will I go for?

One that ‘looks’ easy (no visual deterrent, no steering lock etc) or one that has a big f**k off Disc Lock in day glow yellow fitted to it.

I have the Autolok 2000 on my car and never leave it without it fitted.

You never know how many times someone has looked at your car will the intention to steal it, if they decide to pick another one that’s easier to steal due to that particular deterrent, it’s paid for itself 10 times over.

Answer to your question: Yellow

It’s more visual from a distance.

That's the way I'm looking at it too (being a scouser I'm pretty good at thinking from a robbers point of view :P )

Yellow....

at the end of the day it's a detterant, nothing else. The more obvious the better!!

Completely agree. Someone is just as likely to do damage to your car, out of spite, when you make things difficult for them, however. Depends on the particular nutter who targets your car.

Well, brushing aside the fact that you can have your car nicked just about anywhere as thieves move about too, I can't stand the things. I've voted yellow though as it will stand out and act as a deterrent. :yes:

Cat 1 alarms are an utter joke!!!! The ONLY reason to get one is for the insurance discounts... They are scarily easy to get aroud, just ask Stacythebloke (the chap with the white celica I came to JAE with) it was stolen shortly after. From right outside his house while he was at home. This is why I like the ideas of the two way pager systems (anyone seen Milly's alarm?) - or better still GPS tracking :D

Like I said, my car was stolen with no engine.... you don't get a better imobiliser then that!!

Kimi as for putting things in the boot, I hate having things in there sliding about, -you can hear them clunk about and damage the trim when you flick the car about... also its a pita to get into my boot if I have the roof off :D I don't think anyone carries the wheel with them (unless on a fast and furious film lol) but as far as visual deterants go, a steering wheel out of sight might as well not be in the car...

I also dissagree that leather cream will repair and scratches to the leather... Then again I like my older cars, and they need looking after! I am probably fussier then most!

I knew a guy that had a capri, his idea of security was take my main HT lead off the ignitor, and leave the car unlocked. It fit in his pocket and he said there was no way it would run without it, he left the doors open so "they can have a look around if they want" causing no damage to get in, and soon realise there is nothing of value in there and <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> off..... It seemed to work :lol:

I'd not buy any, they look !Removed!, are a PITA to lug about, can scratch the leather on the steering wheel, and can be removed in under 20 seconds bya "good" thief.

There is no way a good theif can get one off in 20 secs as it has to stay on for over a minute (or two) IIRC to get thatcham approval! Can't remember how long it took to get off as I watched the video about 5 years ago but all I will say is that the steering wheel was <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed when they were done!! Not exactly usable for the average thief! ;)

I can't remember what progarm I saw it on... might have been an old fith gear... admitedly this guy was good (at what he did... scum) and they went through all the so called aids and he did his thing.... it was a few years back... but at the end of the day, even if the new version is a minute....

Admitedly the disklock was the best of the various things on that test, but he still got through it alarmingly quickly!

But as I said earlier, Thatcham approval is really not the be all and end all I saw how much they got their knickers ian twist trying to sort out the new thatcham cat 5 legislation, as it was me job at the time ;) still it was cool going through their labs, seeing all the new cars that I was not meant to see lol.

There is no way a good theif can get one off in 20 secs as it has to stay on for over a minute (or two) IIRC to get thatcham approval! Can't remember how long it took to get off as I watched the video about 5 years ago but all I will say is that the steering wheel was ***ked

I have to completely agree - see above picture - 10 TOCers couldnt get robs off, the RAC man couldnt do it, the garage he towed it to took 45 mins with a grinder, a crowbar, a big hammer and three very big men to get it off! :thumbsup:

I think they are worth the money even if it is ugly - who cares its not a fashion statement as some people seem to think!

It is said that a yellow car is the less likely colour to get stolen - so id go for the yellow with that in mind - not that it really matters what colour it is.

There is no way a good theif can get one off in 20 secs as it has to stay on for over a minute (or two) IIRC to get thatcham approval! Can't remember how long it took to get off as I watched the video about 5 years ago but all I will say is that the steering wheel was ***ked

I have to completely agree - see above picture - 10 TOCers couldnt get robs off, the RAC man couldnt do it, the garage he towed it to took 45 mins with a grinder, a crowbar, a big hammer and three very big men to get it off! :thumbsup:

I think they are worth the money even if it is ugly - who cares its not a fashion statement as some people seem to think!

It is said that a yellow car is the less likely colour to get stolen - so id go for the yellow with that in mind - not that it really matters what colour it is.

:yes:

I've been guilty of just putting it on and not locking it too , visual deterent no1 :)

Well if anyone that likes this sort of thing wants one of the transmission locks (in noticable yellow) I have one going spare as I'll never use it! Same goes for the snap on boss (Although that was probably fitted to my car more for ease of the driver getting in and out then security)

AS for the qestion on the topic title, if I had to get one I'd get yellow. As I think the visual deterant is 99% of its value. They may be hard to remove by cutting off, of by people that are unexperianced, but the thieves do it by picking the lock anyway :)

I think they are a good thing to have aswell, heck if I had the spare dosh I'd invest in one too! Daily I deal with Insurance queries from people who have had their motor nicked and 97% of them are old cars. Saying that, it doesnt mean that owners of newer cars can be complacent, that's just what I & my colleagues find.

• 2 weeks later...

[i have to completely agree - see above picture - 10 TOCers couldnt get robs off, the RAC man couldnt do it, the garage he towed it to took 45 mins with a grinder, a crowbar, a big hammer and three very big men to get it off! :thumbsup:

Admittedly I didn't have my 'special' toolbox with me on that occasion - but yes, it was an extremely resiliant lock.

If you're after one Kev, get one. Just don't lose the key !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!Removed!:

they suck! as per the image......

and this is quite possiblythe 'worst thread ever' :lol:

they suck! as per the image......

and this is quite possiblythe 'worst thread ever' :lol:

When there are threads like this 1?

How very dare you?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links