Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paint Fading On Dark Red Mr2

mark.pearce

Hi,

anyone got any recommendation's about what polish I should use to bring the colour back on faded dark red paint on mk11 Mr2?

use a cutting compound such as G3 then use a wax like superglyms radient wax which has a fine cut in it too.

If the paint is really bad it may fade back again so make sure you polish it on a regular basis. Don't do this in the sun or when it's too hot.

Hope this helps you out mate.

Once you've got it back to the colour it was or close to pay the extra and get Supaguard from a decent garage, costs a shed load but so easy to clean the car back to wax shine afterwards (water and chamois) and protects against UV etc...

Hi mark.pearce

It's a known fact that if you own a red car you will have to really look after the paint work. Try to polish the car at least every month to keep the paint work good. Works for me mate :D I use auto glym products :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Hell I have to super resin every 2-3 weeks!

I'll be down to the bare metal soon.

supaguard will stop you needing to do that, only used water and chamois since i had it done and shines same as jae :D

the best thing ive found is from Meguiars.

get their body scrub(a bit like t cut but nowhere near as harsh and does the same job) then polish it with their liquid gold polish....

it takes less than an hour to do an mr2 properly and the results are exceptional.

www.meguiars.co.uk is their website.

also the alloy wheel cleaner is like nothing you have used before,i was going to buy a new set of rims then i used that and there like new :yes:

Once you've got it back to the colour it was or close to pay the extra and get Supaguard from a decent garage, costs a shed load but so easy to clean the car back to wax shine afterwards (water and chamois) and protects against UV etc...

how much is a shed load ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links