Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To Polish Or Not To Polish?

zebidi

Now I know these look best in red, but i was just getting lazy i suppose, either way i will polish it first then give it to a refurbisher, but does anyone know where i can find a good one that can do this colour?

img7647lt4.jpg

img7649fq1.jpg

img7650hl6.jpg

The paint has started to flake off the red part, the black centre is fine but i just need to find someone that can match the effect of the red on the rim.

You have to keep those red.. those rims are very rare.. any good paintshop should be able to do it for you.. a candy red maybe?

I know someone with those wheels on his Eunos Roadster and he has been offered to name his price or the guy would buy him ANY new rims of his choice.. they have be discontinued by all accounts and can't be found anywhere.. so the red MUST stay.

I just need to find a paint shop that will do it, or just order some anodise spray paint. I want to keep them red too. they would look so nice on a white MR2 :D

yes they discontinued them otherwise i would have bought a new set. They discontinue the RG2s too :(

I'm gonna polish them all liek that before i give it to someone to paint, sop they got a good surface to work on

anyone know any good places to do wheel refurb down south?

• 2 weeks later...

You have to keep those red.. those rims are very rare.. any good paintshop should be able to do it for you.. a candy red maybe?

I know someone with those wheels on his Eunos Roadster and he has been offered to name his price or the guy would buy him ANY new rims of his choice.. they have be discontinued by all accounts and can't be found anywhere.. so the red MUST stay.

Plent of second hand ones still available in Japan

three spokes

Is it just me or are they ugly as sin ?

they arent ugly, a lot of people will say 3 sokes are so 80s but can you honestly say that the advan supers that they have on the drifting silvias ugly? i mean the whole car together, its to each persons taste i guess. I like 3 spoke :D

Lol , :( i'm sorry , am sure they look good on the right :P car but i wouldnt have em on my celica . I saw a supra today with 18 white versions or something very similar and it looked really good . maybe its just the colour...?

three spokes

Is it just me or are they ugly as sin ?

they arent ugly, a lot of people will say 3 sokes are so 80s but can you honestly say that the advan supers that they have on the drifting silvias ugly? i mean the whole car together, its to each persons taste i guess. I like 3 spoke :D

I love those wheel. OK they might not suit every car but there the best looking 3 spokes ever made IMO

Check them out on this RX-7 :drool:

DRIFT_RX-7.jpg

Id get them refurbished so they were Black & Red. Personally think they would look a bit chavvy with a chrome lip. :thumbsup:

Wheels are a very personal choice. I don't like 3 spokes at all... these included, regardless of their rareity. They look good on the rex because the centres are black and you can't see they're three spokes! :D ;)

...but as I say, each to their own. I know loads of people who don't like my multi-spokes... but do you think I care? I love them.

They certainly are pretty much the most classic, most obviously Japanese wheel you can probably get and can indeed look good on the right car, sitting at the right height, in the right colour etc etc...

With regards to wheel refurbishers, try Pristine Wheels in Woburn Sands... .: Clicky :.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links