Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why So Many Different Rollas!

oakley240583

Does anyone know the reason there are so many different e11 corollas? i have the last of the last e11 with the vvti engine and to be honest it really is starting to hack me off!!!!

i love the corolla, always have and always will but when it comes to getting parts for mine it is an absolute nightmare.

now i know this is partly my fault as i should of done a little more homework before byuying my model but the reason i bought it was because it had the vvti engine which i was told is the best thing since sliced bread/

after proof reading this i have realised it is a really pointless post but what the hey, it has helped me to blow off a little steam :crybaby:

I was the same mate. The 4afe is catered for a lot more than the vvti! :(

you say that but the 4A-GE is definately more catered for, bits for the 4A-FE are far and few.

(saying that my one off piper cams should turn up soon, YIPPEE :yahoo: )

you say that but the 4A-GE is definately more catered for, bits for the 4A-FE are far and few.

Both still more than the vvti though! :yes:

is the vvti engine worth tuning? its only a 1.4 and to be honest i know il never get the power out of it that im aiming for (and i would flog it to get a bigger engined rolla but i stupidly overpayed for the car a year or so and im determined to get as much life out of it as possible)

been looking at a 4AGE 20 VALVE black top but not sure if it will go in on my model???

could give fensport a ring to see what my possibilities are

is the vvti engine worth tuning? its only a 1.4 and to be honest i know il never get the power out of it that im aiming for (and i would flog it to get a bigger engined rolla but i stupidly overpayed for the car a year or so and im determined to get as much life out of it as possible)

been looking at a 4AGE 20 VALVE black top but not sure if it will go in on my model???

aren't the engine mounts different on the 1zz-fe models, if it was my i'd try and put a 2zz-ge in you vvt-i from eBay in, could be different B)

aren't the engine mounts different on the 1zz-fe models, if it was my i'd try and put a 2zz-ge in you vvt-i from eBay in, could be different B)

any ideas what sort of power you can get out of the 2zz-ge?

i know you can buy trd high compression pistons and rings for the 2zz-ge but would like ton know more about them if anyone knows? :unsure:

Yeah, give Fensport a ring, they should sort you out. I would have really had to just swap the 1.6 for something bigger if I wanted easy power out of it.

aren't the engine mounts different on the 1zz-fe models, if it was my i'd try and put a 2zz-ge in you vvt-i from ebay in, could be different B)

i know you can buy trd high compression pistons and rings for the 2zz-ge but would like ton know more about them if anyone knows? :unsure:

i've seen really low mileage (1,500 miles) 2ZZ-GE engines on eBay but, other than that don't think anyones done it before, new frontier and all that...

the 2zzge is the 190 bhp engine found in the celica 190 (funnily enough!)

aren't the engine mounts different on the 1zz-fe models, if it was my i'd try and put a 2zz-ge in you vvt-i from ebay in, could be different B)

i've seen really low mileage (1,500 miles) 2ZZ-GE engines on eBay but, other than that don't think anyones done it before, new frontier and all that...

yeah thats the 1.8 190bhp engine, could be interesting. i believe im gonna need the 6 speed gear box with that?

cant imagine it will be too easy looking for one of those engines though, any ideas if anyone does them?

just seen the 2zzge on fensport for £2500 which had done 13,000 miles, comes with everything but the 6 speed box, anyone know if this is a good price or can i get a lower mileage block elsewhere?

any help on this would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

yeah thats the 1.8 190bhp engine, could be interesting. i believe im gonna need the 6 speed gear box with that?

cant imagine it will be too easy looking for one of those engines though, any ideas if anyone does them?

just seen the 2zzge on fensport for £2500 which had done 13,000 miles, comes with everything but the 6 speed box, anyone know if this is a good price or can i get a lower mileage block elsewhere?

just found this on eBay, hope it helps, plus kinda fortunate done about as many miles as the celica engine has!:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-6-spee...VQQcmdZViewItem

just found this on eBay, hope it helps, plus kinda fortunate done about as many miles as the celica engine has!:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-6-spee...VQQcmdZViewItem

cheers for the link :thumbsup:

seen the gearbox, the seller also has the 2ZZ-GE engine with 38,000km for 1250, might be worth a phonecall to see if i can make a deal? ;)

let me now how the project goes for you, that'd be the first ever 2ZZ-GE AE112 corolla i'll have heard of, and i bet it would be ace!