Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Pannels?

yellowchinaman

I'm going to change my front right panel on my ST202 over the weekend but before I take it off through trial and error and potentually botching it up can someone tell me how many bolts are there holding it down? What are their locations and do I need to remove the front bumper?

Am I being lazy or shall I just try and figure it out because it's very easy? :huh:

Not entirely sure what is involved but from experience they are usually bolted on pretty well all the way around on most cars. There are the obvious bolts inside the lip of the engine bay and three tricky ones on the front which connect it to the bumper as you can see on the right of my picture.

Might need to take of the bumper.

Someone else will know for sure.

3f4cde62570871616fb65dc6d8c53a19.jpg

tanks edamduke looks lik I will have to take off the front bunper to get to those 3 bolts. I think there are some under the wheel arch and along the inside of the door too. I'm going to give it a try now.

Those three in the pic have their heads on the inside of the wing and come through forwards into the bumper, they are very difficult to get too if you don't remove the wheels and the lining.

• 2 months later...

Those three in the pic have their heads on the inside of the wing and come through forwards into the bumper, they are very difficult to get too if you don't remove the wheels and the lining.

Is it possible to get to these bolts without removing wheels and lining. If so how would I access them with tiny little hands. Can I get to them from the engine bay or underneath?

I got mine out without taking off the wheels or lining but I think it would've been a lot less painful and take less time to dismantle stuff properly. I did it by turning the wheel to full lock then prising the lining out from the wing. It was close to impossible to reach the bolts and turn them but I managed eventually.

Good luck!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links