Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Headunit

cfc1

K I know its been done a million times in the past...... but... times move on.

In the new year I am going to be looking for a new headunit for the MR2, now.. I don't need THUMPING BASS etc, all I need is to be able to listen to my MP3's on my travels, I would be looking for something IPOD compatable as might get myself an IPOD too... so what is the recommendations nowadays?

Pics would be nice.. prices and where would be usefull too. :rolleyes:

Check out the alpine range ;) they make some quality kit with a decent sound, and have ipod compatability.

Even if you buy online froma cheaper place, go intoa halfrauds and have a play with a few units.. it seems hard these days to get one that is not a tack, flash f;lash thump thump chav system!!

Pioneer are really good, and relatively well priced online (Halfords tend to be over £100 more for the same unit). Sound quality is very good too. As for the ipod I just use an aux in cable to connect mine to my head unit. You cant control the mp3 player through the cd player but its alot cheaper. Think you can get ipod compatible units though.

Tara

EXCUSE ME?!?!....

Halfords have some VERY good offers!! Come into my shop and I'll show you them! :)

Personally for sheer quality, stay away from Pioneer, Sony (unless spending alot) and stay away from JVC. Go with Alpine and Kenwood!!

If I come to YOUR shop... do I get a discount?????? :lol:

I was thinking of one of these...

CDE9850RI_big.jpg

Alpine - CDE9850RI

Alpine is the shiznit :D

I have a sony one just now which is crap , pioneer always seem good too . Leeky gave me a link before to an online audio store which was cheap and really impresive , lost the link though when the laptop went mad mad mental :( Davy Xs motorsport always have good deals on headunits .

EXCUSE ME?!?!....

Halfords have some VERY good offers!! Come into my shop and I'll show you them! :)

Personally for sheer quality, stay away from Pioneer, Sony (unless spending alot) and stay away from JVC. Go with Alpine and Kenwood!!

Compared to places like car audio direct i find them really pricey... the Pioneer DEH- p6800mp is £149 on car audio direct and £299 in Halfords for example. When I bought mine it was the same sort of difference too...

I liked the older Sony stuff, the non Xplod stuff can actually be very good, unfortuntely most of the new stuff is tat, which gives sony a bad name :(

Personally, my next head unit will be a nakimichi :) It won't look daft in the interior, and it'll sound !Removed! good*

*as well as anything can sound in a high revving straight 6 with a straight through exhaust and no roof :lol:

If I come to YOUR shop... do I get a discount?????? :lol:

I was thinking of one of these...

CDE9850RI_big.jpg

Alpine - CDE9850RI

Looks like a nice headunit and for £159 you cant really complain when its ipod ready :)

Halfords price match some of their stuff, I know that was the case when I mentioned to Jim I was looking for a montain bike.

I like Pioneer stuff but usually end up with kenwood, good prices and decent sound with plenty of adjustment available on the better models.

One thing you can't knock them on is their tools!

Kenwood KDCW4534 including Ipod adaptor,

kdcw4534-bg.jpg

4 x 50 Watt

TDF (Theft Deterrent Faceplate)

14 Segment FL Display

RDS Tuner

MP3/WMA Playback

1 RCA Preout

iPod ready

I know where to get this for

£174 ;)

Kenwood KDCW4534 including Ipod adaptor,

kdcw4534-bg.jpg

4 x 50 Watt

TDF (Theft Deterrent Faceplate)

14 Segment FL Display

RDS Tuner

MP3/WMA Playback

1 RCA Preout

iPod ready

I know where to get this for

£174 ;)

This headunits only around the £75 mark online though?

That's the online marketplace, bottoming the prices out, the cheapest i saw this for was £90 ex vat ex delivery with no adaptor for the Ipod.

Davy, I recently got my first Alpine headunit and it's by far the best headunit I've ever had!

Headunit.jpg

It's called the Alpine CDA-9854R, it's £149.99 and it's iPod ready! :thumbsup:

Ryan, there doesn't appear to be much difference between your model and the CDE9850RI.. looks good and i would think it should sound ok too?

*gets ready for a thumping bass line* :lol:

innit B) :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links