Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of A Mr2 Turb......

Mackers

As I Said Above, thinking of moving over to the MR2 Forums, as opposed to the Avensis ones, lol, (bit more Street Cred), anyways, anything to look out for??

Basically i'm lookng at a 2.0l Turbo White/Black or Met Green ideally, about a 'K' Reg with Air-Con and ideally all the toys/extra's, for around the 4K make not too bothered about it being STD, cos i will be modding it in the future, jus wondering when i'm looking round if there was any issues to keep an eye on, apart from the usual:

rear tyre side walls, gaps in body panels, rattles, pulling to 1 side when driving, oil leaks.

Any Help Greatfully Accepted and hopefully i'll be on here soon with my "2"

Wayne

Mackers

there are a few buyers guides out there mate. Google

lol what he said, but if i was you with 4k i would try to find or if not stretch a little further for a revision 3

better turbo

better manifold

no cylinder faults?

better ecu cos they use map sensors instead of !Removed! maf

i think suspension and brakes were further improved

more power from standard

revised (ino) better looking spoiler

when test driving remember to check the rear for any knocking noises as those will be the top mounts on the suspension.

check for uneven bodywork repairs that may have been made etc. the usual stuff really

buy mine ;)

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php...652&start=0

anyhow, things to look out for are

oil leaks

crunching in gears

clutch slipping

smooth idle

knocks, rattles from engine

blue smoke from exhaust

turbo boost smoothly between 2.5k to 6k

a well looked after one will be fine, an abused one will suffer from one or more of those

Get in Contact with Rash... He will easy be able to source you a Rev 3 Tubby with a budget of £4k.

Infact he has one in at the moment a black Rev 3 T-bar Turbo for Sub £4k. :)

Check this link out to some of his cars he has at the moment. Loads of people off here have bought from him and are very happy with their Purchases.. :)

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=101

Get in Contact with Rash... He will easy be able to source you a Rev 3 Tubby with a budget of £4k.

Infact he has one in at the moment a black Rev 3 T-bar Turbo for Sub £4k. :)

Check this link out to some of his cars he has at the moment. Loads of people off here have bought from him and are very happy with their Purchases.. :)

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=101

sound advice :yes::yes:

jerry!!

Lads, cheers for the mint advice, when did the Rev3 Come out?? what age onwards i looking at, also, i got an Avensis to part ex, i think i forgot to mention it B4.

Lads, cheers for the mint advice, when did the Rev3 Come out?? what age onwards i looking at, also, i got an Avensis to part ex, i think i forgot to mention it B4.

october 93? you might be lucky to get a 93 that is a........... K reg?

But best thing is to get a L reg onwards one then you're garaunteed a rev3, 1994 onwards are all rev3!

Thats MAP sensors!!!! WOOHOO!!!! and better turbo, turbo manifold, more power!!!! Easier to tune too!

• 3 months later...

october 93?

Correct......I had a Dec 93 :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Damn lad.. not seen you on here for ages.. how you keeping? :D

Damn lad.. not seen you on here for ages.. how you keeping? biggrin.gif

Hehe....yeah been a while aye, not bad down my end of the world thanks :)

MR2 has gone now but thought I'd check in & see if there are any new names kicking around in the MR2 section....looks like there is :thumbsup:

Got the 2 featured in a NZ car magazine & basicly the day the mag was released I had an offer on it & just like that it was gone :unsure: I e-mailed the guy who brought it in Decemeber for an update (he was planning on getting it dyno tuned with the PFC installed) and it turns out it has been off the road for a while, he found it had low compression on cylinders 2 & 3....turned out to be cracked ringlands so needed either a rebuild or replacement :eek: he opted for a new engine & had a crack at installing it himself etc.

I replaced it with a Mini.....it's a 79 but in reality it's 90% mid 90's with a fuel injected cooper motor & pretty much everything else from a newer 95/96 roundnose. We JUST in the last 2 months sold the Glanza with the intention of replacing it with a station wagon (starting a family) and recenlty got a Libero......couldn't without a turbo so made sure the wagon had one ;)

I'll set up a thread with the new wheels as I'm sure they are either non existant or very rare in the UK so probably of interest B) (Libero GT

I'll have to have a read around & see what all the old fellas are driving now days....I see Jimlad has a batty now!!

Cheers

KiwiMR2

What is a batty?

My first car was a Mini, 1980 850cc, loved it... might get another as a project car.

What is a batty?

My first car was a Mini, 1980 850cc, loved it... might get another as a project car.

Batty.....Batmobile; RX7 ;) I think you guys call it a "rex"...to me that means WRX though :D

Yeah I've had a few mini's over the last few years but settled finally on what I'm happy with B)

1979 Mini Cooper.....modified with a mid 90's cooper fuel injected motor, and virtually EVERYTHING else from the mid 90's mini I could take across!! Also added 4 good Speakers, Pioneer MP3 headunit, amp & sub, and an alarm.

DSC02960.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

DSC02962.jpg

DSC02963.jpg

DSC02955.jpg

DSC02956.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2