Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No More Driving For Me.....

~Rach~

As some of you know, I've been struggling with my health. Lately things have taken a turn for the worse, and I am starting to loose the use of my hands and legs (I cant grip, move my feet properlu etc). Its not constant at the moment luckily, just short episodes, but we just cant predict when its going to happen and how long it will last.

This meant today, I have been officially advised by the doctors, to stop driving until further notice :crybaby:

I'm feeling so depressed, but I knew it was coming.

Its even more annoying that I dont have any date to look forward to when I can get behind the wheel of the celi again, as things could either hopefully start to get better over the next few months, or I could go down hill further. So it looks like even before 2007 begins, I can definitely say I will not be attending any meets for the foreseeable future, unless anyone wants a passenger :lol:

Just want to say thanks to they guys who have listened to me panic about this over the last few weeks, and fingers crossed I will be able to post up some good news soon :thumbsup:

Rach, so sorry to hear this.

Keep your spirits up, my thoughts are with you at this time as I am sure are many others.

Mind you, being driven around may not be a bad thing these days the way the traffic is!

Really sorry to hear about this hun :group-cuddles: I just hope 2007 is better for you health wise. You might feel a bit down about it all now but its for the best, the last thing you'd want is an "episode" whilst driving around, heaven knows what would happen.

Have the doctors diagnosed you with anything specific or are you still undergoing tests?

All the best hun, keep us updated with your progess. :)

I know i dont know you but I feel for your loss....

Im sure there are still lots of fun things you can do in the meantime though :) Hope they get to the bottom of your troubles and rectify matters posthaste :thumbsup:

chin up cocker :)

Sorry to hear this Rach :(

hopefully the dr will find out why your feeling so ill soon.

being driven around is not so bad though , Mark had to do all the driving for a few months after my op,

and tbh i dont drive as much as i used to these days, my brains still a little gar gar willy_nilly.gif

You'll get used to it hun,,call it chaffuer driven :lol:

best wishes for your future tests.

kimi xx

Have the doctors diagnosed you with anything specific or are you still undergoing tests?

Well the diagnosis keeps changing ie they arent 100% sure. Still going through lots of tests, but in the mean time they are treating me for chronic fatigue syndrome/ME/fibromyalgia in hope something works (hasnt happened as yet, but who knows what tomorrow will bring!). Had my meds doubled, so I'm expecting the oh so lovely side effects to be doubled too!

Thanks for all your kind words everyone :)

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed my next consultant appt brings some good news....

Luckily, Nick has agreed to make sure the celi doesnt feel too deserted! Hes decided to use it instead of the carina :lol:

Do you suffer from headaches/migranes at all with it Rach?

Is the loss of limb use all at once or is one hand/leg at a time etc?

Do you suffer from headaches/migranes at all with it Rach?

Is the loss of limb use all at once or is one hand/leg at a time etc?

Yeah, I'm also oh so lucky to suffer with migraines. They dont happen at the same time, only after (sometimes straight away, sometimes not for a few hours after)

It can just be one hand/foot/leg at a time, or like yesterday it can be the whole lot at once, meaning I'm pretty much useless :(

Hi rach

So sorry to here about this mate. Lets hope that you are on the road to recovery soon :thumbsup:

All the best jerry!!

Sorry to hear that Rach - I have trouble imagining how hard I would find it. I like Kimi's suggestion of calling "Chauffeur driven" though. Dead posh!

I hope they suss it out soon and that you;re back on the road in 2007!

:thumbsup:

A

This is not good news, I hope you get somewhere with the quacks. I have a friend that sufers fibromyalgia (sp) My friend also lost driving for a while but she now has an automatic which she drives when she feels able

I hope you can keep your chin up, this is often one of the best things that u can do sometimes. The other is hope and I wish you all the best for 2007, and hope the docs will be able to help.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks everyone :group-cuddles:

Its all just starting to sink in a bit now. Had a long chat to a few close friends last night which has helped me clear my head and stop worrying :)

PM from me. Get well soon!

Replied :D :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links