Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi, New Member, Info On 1995 Celics Ss3

stevess3

Hi

I am a new member, havent got a clue what i'm doing!!! Like the smilies though :thumbsup:

I am buying a 1995 2.0 GT Celica SS3 Auto in white with full veilside kit, momo wheel and 17" white alloys and other bits and bobs on Wednesday and am after some info if pos? :yes:

I would like to know what fuel to use, when to change the timing belt, service intervals, and any other info that may help me! It is the first import that I have bought, 90k miles one Jap owner from new, fresh import, FSH all warranted by BIMPTA. :) Its just had oil and filter change but i do not knoe

w if I should have a full service done just encase. I am also looking for someone in the Swansea area who services these cars.

How do you put photos on this?

Thanks

Stevess3

Hi mate :) Congratulations on your purchase, good choice :yes:

As it's an import, your best using high octane fuel, optimax etc, as the jap fuels are like 99 RON or something.

Cambelt change is about every 40k i think, if you don't know when it was done last i'd be tempted to do it. Service every year/10,000 miles

For photos, you need to upload them to somewhere like photobucket.com, then paste the link from there using the symbol with a tree on it on here

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

i thought the ss3 was the later models ?

Veilside bodykit should be easy enough to get rid of too ;)

Oh yeah and :D welcome to the club mate .

Hi

I am a new member, havent got a clue what i'm doing!!! Like the smilies though :thumbsup:

I am buying a 1995 2.0 GT Celica SS3 Auto in white with full veilside kit, momo wheel and 17" white alloys and other bits and bobs on Wednesday and am after some info if pos? :yes:

I would like to know what fuel to use, when to change the timing belt, service intervals, and any other info that may help me! It is the first import that I have bought, 90k miles one Jap owner from new, fresh import, FSH all warranted by BIMPTA. :) Its just had oil and filter change but i do not knoe

w if I should have a full service done just encase. I am also looking for someone in the Swansea area who services these cars.

How do you put photos on this?

Thanks

Stevess3

Hi mate :) Congratulations on your purchase, good choice :yes:

As it's an import, your best using high octane fuel, optimax etc, as the jap fuels are like 99 RON or something.

Cambelt change is about every 40k i think, if you don't know when it was done last i'd be tempted to do it. Service every year/10,000 miles

For photos, you need to upload them to somewhere like photobucket.com, then paste the link from there using the symbol with a tree on it on here

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Cheers Manphibian, sounds like good advice, :) collecting the car in on wednesday let you know how I get on :blink:

Thanks also for the advice with the photos, I will give it a go :yes:

P.S. Nice car, I like the wheels :thumbsup:

post-35234-1167654683_thumb.jpg

i thought the ss3 was the later models ?

Veilside bodykit should be easy enough to get rid of too ;)

Oh yeah and :D welcome to the club mate .

Hello Chris202

All I can say at the moment is that the car is being sold to me as a SS3 with Super Strut Suspension. :yes:

The veilside body kit makes it look a bit mad and will not be to every ones taste but thats life :drool:

Thanks for welcoming me to the club :thumbsup:

Nice spoiler on your car and cool plate :yes:

Welcome to the TOC :thumbsup: .

Your SSIII should be powered by a 3S-GE motor , this in automatic form should push out around 170 bhp (if using high octane fuel, as suggested above ), your motor will also have the more complicated ..yet better handling super strut suspension.

See this link for japanese specs,

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/celica/1996_6/

Check to see what model your celica is using the list of FRAME model codes......then just enjoy her :) .

Welcome to the TOC :thumbsup: .

Your SSIII should be powered by a 3S-GE motor , this in automatic form should push out around 170 bhp (if using high octane fuel, as suggested above ), your motor will also have the more complicated ..yet better handling super strut suspension.

See this link for japanese specs,

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/celica/1996_6/

Check to see what model your celica is using the list of FRAME model codes......then just enjoy her :) .

Cheer for that info :thumbsup:

I have had mixed feelings with super strut suspension :wacko: some say it is very reliable :toast: and others say that it is not :wacko: I know that if it did fail it would cost over a grand to sort out :ffs: but Celicas are very reliable and I will have to take a chance. :)

I will use optimax as a fuel and find out about the model code as you suggested :thumbsup:

Cute liitle car :) my wife would like that :rolleyes: but then she would only go and have it sprayed PINK :help:

Again, welcome to the club.

Because of the high compression ratio of the 3S-GE you should really use high octane as suggested. I would highly recommend V-Power, economy seems better too. The cambelt should be done at 60k intervals or 5years although I did mine after 11years and 77k miles and it looked brand new!

Not sure if I am totally correct in saying so, but the SSIII should have the VVTi beams version of the 3S-GE and it should be near to 200hp for the red top, 210hp for the black top. Sure someone will tell you exactly what it is though.

Ben

Because of the high compression ratio of the 3S-GE you should really use high octane as suggested. I would highly recommend V-Power, economy seems better too. The cambelt should be done at 60k intervals or 5years although I did mine after 11years and 77k miles and it looked brand new!

Not sure if I am totally correct in saying so, but the SSIII should have the VVTi beams version of the 3S-GE and it should be near to 200hp for the red top, 210hp for the black top. Sure someone will tell you exactly what it is though.

Ben

Nah, only the latest ss3's from 1999 have the beams, and i want one :crybaby:

Ben

Cheers Ben :thumbsup:

The cam belt was done at 55k and the car has now done 90k so i should be ok for a while :blink: probably get it done when i hit 100k :yes:

I think mine has around 167bhp in auto, it has an induction kit as well as a typical big pipe sticking out of the end :thumbsup: Im not a great believer in these mods giving a lot more power, more like a better noice, feel and make the car a bit more grunty B)

Im buying the car as I bought a classic porsche last year and the engine blew up, after a total rebuild, new clutch and other bits the bill was 14k :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I had the work done then had to sell it for cash towards new house so when I saw the Celica I fell in love with it :D Just wanted to buy a reliable car and Toyota have always been that :rolleyes: The best in the World :toast::toast::toast:

Well I hope :blink:

SteveSS3

post-35234-1167662901_thumb.jpg

Ben

The cam belt was done at 55k and the car has now done 90k so i should be ok for a while :blink: probably get it done when i hit 100k :yes:

I think mine has around 167bhp in auto, it has an induction kit as well as a typical big pipe sticking out of the end :thumbsup: Im not a great believer in these mods giving a lot more power, more like a better noice, feel and make the car a bit more grunty B)

Im buying the car as I bought a classic porsche last year and the engine blew up, after a total rebuild, new clutch and other bits the bill was 14k :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I had the work done then had to sell it for cash towards new house so when I saw the Celica I fell in love with it :D Just wanted to buy a reliable car and Toyota have always been that :rolleyes: The best in the World :toast::toast::toast:

509e_1.jpg

SteveSS3

Ben

I think mine has around 167bhp in auto, it has an induction kit as well as a typical big pipe sticking out of the end :thumbsup: Im not a great believer in these mods giving a lot more power, more like a better noise, feel and make the car a bit more grunty B)

I was also wondering if the Veilside bodykit on the car is easily avilable if it got damaged or would I have to get it from Japan :wacko:

509e_1.jpg

SteveSS3

Ben

There have been many discussions on here and over on the Celica-club site, and from what little information is available on the subject, the late 3S-GE engine fitted with the red top VVTi head, was only added to the range around 1998 till the end of production in late 1999, so a SSIII could have either head fitted, but still be called a 3S-GE :) .

If you have a 3S-GE BEAMS VVTi engine fitted , it looks like this ...and very nice to :)

PICT0057.jpg

Welcome to the club mate. When you said you was buying.... I was praying that it wasn't the one from someone called Vilocity???

Otherwise it's a beauty!

Welcome to the club mate. When you said you was buying.... I was praying that it wasn't the one from someone called Vilocity???

Otherwise it's a beauty!

:lol: first thing i thought too , then i saw he jus imported it

:thumbsup:

Otherwise it's a beauty!

:lol: first thing i thought too , then i saw he jus imported it

:thumbsup:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Sounds like I have had a close shave :blink: What do you all think of BIMPTA :rolleyes: The milage and FSH is supposed to be gauranteed by them :yes:

I am also wondering what the car will be like on petrol :huh: I know an auto will use more fuel and most of the time I drive normaly but like the odd blast like the rest of us :thumbsup:

5326_1.jpg

stevess3

Doesn't the ss3 have an lsd as well or is that just the beams ones too... :wacko:

Going by this link...

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/celica/1996_6/5742/

The SSIII has a LSD weather 3S-GE or 3S-GE beams powered, BUT no LSD if its an Auto as with the car above :( .

I did a bit of research while looking for a SS3 BEAMS, drove a 1.8 and 2 litre non BEAMS and tbh neither really inspired me performance wise, then i drove a GT4... All i'll say is don't drive one of those unless you're in a position to buy and insure one cos you will want one!! it was the main reason for not getting one in the end (bought a BEAMS Altezza) because none match up to the GT4.

The late SS3 celica only got the redtop beams engine which is 210bhp, it has LSD, nice skirts and tall rear spoiler and a brighter interior, it is the one to have (in red!) if you're getting a non GT4 imo

Best of luck with it!

I did a bit of research while looking for a SS3 BEAMS, drove a 1.8 and 2 litre non BEAMS and tbh neither really inspired me performance wise, then i drove a GT4... All i'll say is don't drive one of those unless you're in a position to buy and insure one cos you will want one!! it was the main reason for not getting one in the end (bought a BEAMS Altezza) because none match up to the GT4.

The late SS3 celica only got the redtop beams engine which is 210bhp, it has LSD, nice skirts and tall rear spoiler and a brighter interior, it is the one to have (in red!) if you're getting a non GT4 imo

Best of luck with it!

...sorry guys but i just love attention to detail, pleae don't take offence :D

Celica Red top 200ps ,Altezza black top 210ps ....

http://www.tuning.cz/lander/beams.htm

PS to BHP .... PS x 0.98632 = BHP

Red top = 197.2 bhp.

:thumbsup: .

Best of luck with it!

...sorry guys but i just love attention to detail, pleae don't take offence :D

Celica Red top 200ps ,Altezza black top 210ps ....

http://www.tuning.cz/lander/beams.htm

PS to BHP .... PS x 0.98632 = BHP

Red top = 197.2 bhp.

:thumbsup: .

My bad, :) I got mixed up with the blacktop thats in the Altezza. Thats on 100RON fuel as well.

Did some1 ask about economy? The 'tezza has jumped from bout 23mpg to almost 30mpg since i started using Shell V Power petrol (best we have in Ireland, still 95RON). Down to bout 10 or 15mpg if you're driving it in the power band though 4500rpm+ :blink:

In the Celica with a lighter body and the less tuned redtop you should be getting 30mpg+ easily while cruising

I had a 51 plate golf before 2.0 gti and i reckon my old celica is better on fuel that it was .... if that helps :P :D lol

Its not bad at all , 3sfe engine in mines thou...

uhmm...

so yeah

uhh.....bet that doesnt help you at all :D

I had a 51 plate golf before 2.0 gti and i reckon my old celica is better on fuel that it was .... if that helps :P :D lol

Its not bad at all , 3sfe engine in mines thou...

uhmm...

so yeah

uhh.....bet that doesnt help you at all :D

Cheers, got the car, done 1,000km on £80 driving between 70-90mph and putting my foot down through the tunnels! :D

Love the car so far, slight knocking noise from near side suspension got to look into it, probably cost a fortune to fix, but i bought the car on trade terms and took my chances. Got the red toyota main dealer supplied anti-freeze in the radiator, £50 for 5 litres which is a good sign that the previous owner had looked after the car. Love driving it, not the fastest car in the world, but i did get flashed by a speed camera 60 and a 50 :'( When I bought the car, it was white, when i got it home it was black! :thumbsup:

SteveSS3

Glad you're happy and hope you sort the suspension out easily.

Consumption sounds about right. I get 28.1, 34.1 & 31.2MPG for urban, not so urban and combined respectively measured from 840litres of super.

The Toyota coolant is around £15 not £50 for 5l, but a very important servicing point none the less. :thumbsup:

Ben

Glad you're happy and hope you sort the suspension out easily.

Consumption sounds about right. I get 28.1, 34.1 & 31.2MPG for urban, not so urban and combined respectively measured from 840litres of super.

The Toyota coolant is around £15 not £50 for 5l, but a very important servicing point none the less. :thumbsup:

Ben

Cheers :D

I was told about the price of the coolent by the importer :blink: shows they don't know everything :wacko:

cool pics :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

hi just bought a ss3 auto 2 days ago when u put yer foot down hard it just red lines and doesn't want to change gear unless i let my foot off a bit is this normal . any help please

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links