Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pics Of My Wepr T25/28 Turbo Setup....

tomaddo

I don't think there is enough room under the Sera bonnet :-(

• 2 weeks later...

youve got the room mate. but you was winging that "toyotas multi million pound budget" decided that you had to have the biggest radiotor in the world, and not one that works just as well from "some bloke in sri-lanka" :thumbsup:

looks good mate. nice touch mounting the air filter there :thumbsup:

i like it :thumbsup:

but would'nt driveing through a puddle or in the rain make it a bit of a problem,not to mention the fact you'd have to clean it every few days :blink:

I am suspicious of people (from anywhere in the world) who claim to be able to do better than Toyota, and sometimes play 'Devils Advocate' to people who claim otherwise, partly because I belive it to be true, and to stimulate debate.

Toyota, within certain boundaries, released the Starlet Turbo as the best compromise between performance, reliability, fuel economy, refinement and production costs.

All modifications are double edged, they may increase performance, but there is usually a downside, sometimes merely just increased sound (which may or may not be to everyones tastes or wishes). Some exhausts and induction kits find that they resonate at particular RPMS because they haven't been tuned sonically to get rid of specific resonances and vibrations at certain RPM.

Fitting an uprated turbo will compromise long-term reliability. Toyota can afford to simulate undergoing intensive testing which would show up any long term faults. Whilst some of the biggest Japanese tuners such as Blitz or HKS may do this, I doubt any of the smaller companies do this. Who picks up the pieces?...

I mentioned production costs - exhaust manifolds fall into this category. If you measure port lenghts and the ideal is equal lengths to each other, and to compare to the standard cast manifold, you'll find they are not ideal, but its a compact design that is easy to cast. Cast items are heavy, but cheap for mass production.

Meanwhile, as we're drifting off the subject...

I've compared my engine bay to the Starlets, and there is definately more room between the engine and the radiator than there is in the Seras engine bay. I would have to either move the radiator forwards, which would mean ditching the a/c system, something not recommended when 85% of the roof is made of glass, or using a smaller radiator.

I'm actually using the Starlet radiator as they're easier to find than a Sera one (my old Sera one was sold helping offset the costs of the install). A Sera radiator has a larger surface area than a Starlet.

The cooling system is often the last thing to be considered when uprating an engine. Personally I believe its important and should be considered a higher priority.

Now to take the Sera on a nice long drive on a long weekend in France...

Duty free beckons, anyone want anything :D

Now to take the Sera on a nice long drive on a long weekend in France...

Duty free beckons, anyone want anything :D

anything or everything?? :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links