Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie Needs Alarm Help

Burundi

Can anyone help?

We have a 2000 (W Reg'd) Corolla GLS 1.4 VVTi, we have only had it since Sept and it has been a great little car and much more economical than the Saab it replaced.

Only very recently (in the last couple of weeks) the alarm has started failing. We are unable to disarm the alarm using either of the keyfobs, which both worked fine previously. I have tried a replacement Battery but this had no effect.

The problem only seems to last for roughly a day and then we can use the alarm fine again. So far it has done this twice over the last week and a half.

Is this a known problem?

Would a complete reset (i.e remove the car battery) help at all?

Can anyone point me to the location of the alarm sounder under the bonnet. I don't know whether I am looking for a piezo or a horn, I want to muffle it so I can experiment with the setup on my drive without deafening myself or annoying the neighbours.

How can I find out the version of the TVSS system we have so I can find out more info?

Do you think this info relating to a Celica will work with the Corolla?

Thanks in advance.

Burundi.

• 3 weeks later...

Look for the siren under the right wing. You'll need to take the plastic inner guard away. It can be unplugged to silence it

• 1 year later...
Look for the siren under the right wing. You'll need to take the plastic inner guard away. It can be unplugged to silence it

Sorry for the delay in responding. Bizarrely it has sorted itself out, it did it for a few more weeks and then was fine. :)

Cheers

B.