Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member, Trd Sports M Question

allday247

Hi all,

I'm considering getting a Celica 190 (gen 7) but i have also come across a TRD Sports M edition for sale.

Is this version worth the extra cash over the 190 version? (about 2K more). i know that they are limited to 1200 in the world and produce 200bhp but could anyone provide me with a genuine review/comparison between both versions. Does anyone on this forum have one? Also are there any problems to looks out for on the sports M edition.

I have no idea...Im not that clued up on the Gen 7's

But welcome to the club.....one of the boys will be along to answer your question.

Sorry chap, sadly I have no idea on the Sports M and I don't think there are any Sports M owners on here...

My gut feeling is its probably not gonna be worth the extra 2k, performance wise, but it'll probably hold its re-sale value better than a 190 / T-Sport.

Sorry to be of little use to ya! :(

thanks for the responses guys, found some information here and here.

it seems the specs are more tuning upgrades rather than power upgrades (if that makes sense).

Specification:

Full TRD suspension, TRD front sway bar, TRD helical LSD, TRD exhaust, TRD extractor, TRD forged piston, TRD short shifter, TRD (10,000rmp/240km/h) speed meter, TRD racing clutch plate and cover, TRD light weight fly wheel, TRD steering wheel, Close ratio 6 speed gear box, Full metal clutch/brake/ accelerator pedal. Full TRD limited Edition bodykits. Re-enforced chasis and many more unique features .....

it seems the specs are more tuning upgrades rather than power upgrades (if that makes sense).

Specification:

Full TRD suspension, TRD front sway bar, TRD helical LSD, TRD exhaust, TRD extractor, TRD forged piston, TRD short shifter, TRD (10,000rmp/240km/h) speed meter, TRD racing clutch plate and cover, TRD light weight fly wheel, TRD steering wheel, Close ratio 6 speed gear box, Full metal clutch/brake/ accelerator pedal. Full TRD limited Edition bodykits. Re-enforced chasis and many more unique features .....

That's quite a comprehensive spec, i'd go for it if you were planning on spending money tuning the car afterwards, well over 2k worth of gear there if you were to buy from a TRD catalogue and fit it! and since that's OE it wont devalue the car either

Snap the TRD owners hand off mate! It will be well worth it!

One thing why do the have two types of alloy???? I'd hope the grey standard 16 alloys were for track use as those others are sick!!

• 10 months later...

REviving an old thread here.

What happened with the trd celica. im thinking bout gettin the trd celica or corolla.

did you buy in the end?

Specification:

The Sports M doesnt have the TRD forged pistons.

The stock 190 is rated at 189psi. TRD quote that the TRD exhaust gives 10-15bhp, so just by adding the exhaust and the remapped ECU a stock 190 will have the same power output as the sports - M.

TRD quote the pistons alone will give 10bhp, so by adding the exhaust and pistons you will take the car up to 210bhp.

The sports M is more refined, with less noise deadening (lighter), so is a lot noisier than the 190. So if you do a lot of milage i would say the 190 is a better car.

If you take it on the track then the sports M with its LSD, flywheel and extra spot welds are the way to go.

• 3 months later...

i own a celica TRD Sports M and i can say that in the two years of owning it ive had no problems with the car what so eva, it looks and drives great!

If u can afford the extra 2k i would definatly recomend the sports m purely for the handling alone! All the extra upgrades does make a big difference! However u will find the car is slightly noiser as the sound proofing has been removed to keep the car as a light as possible without removing the air con, elec windows etc etc.

Upgrades include Full TRD adjustable suspension, TRD front sway bar, TRD helical LSD, TRD exhaust, TRD extractor, TRD forged piston, TRD short shifter, TRD (10,000rmp/240mph) speed meter, TRD racing clutch plate and cover, TRD light weight fly wheel, TRD steering wheel, Close ratio 6 speed gear box, Full metal clutch/brake/ accelerator pedal. Full TRD limited Edition bodykits. Re-enforced chasis, TRD Bucket seats TRD stearing wheel and many more unique features .....

Hope this helps!!! :)