Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car On The Way!

mellow_yellow

well guys, some of you may know that i've bangin on about a new car for a while, and i've ordered this beauty.

18s,

De-CAT,

Big Brake Conversion,

Morette Headlamp Conversion,

Clear Indicator Kit,

300BHP!!!

bit of a ste up from a 100bhpish Paseo dont u think?

post-15-1060633659.jpg

too right mate! its my new ride as of next week as long as the the prep work is done by then.

soory, aint had much time to look for engine swaps, been really busy hunting this beast down.

as soon as i get the keys, i'll get it home and get a load of pics up for the full effect. 0-60 in sub 5secs apperntly, i didnt think it was that quick when i tried it out, but then i didnt drop the clutch at 5k rpm either....

its supposed to be close to a 355 speed. but for a fraction of the price.

wonder how im gonna upgrade from this in a few years time? 966 T?

a little bit.... £4.5k

but thats the price i gotta pay for whatever car i look at.... the Alfa was £4k, and for a cheaper car, i get 50bhp more, and a whole lot more mods to play about with....

so here to a futre of hopefully 500bhp.... wonder what the running costs are gonna be like compared to the seo? i've quit drinking for a while at least!

£4.5K????!!!! :wacko::blink::unsure::huh::lol:

You might have to give up eating for a while as well!! :P

On a serious note if I ever catch you at a track event you have to give me a ride round the track in it!! :thumbsup:

for defs.

the p1 is just awesome man..... i fell in love with it when i got to the showroom. i jus have to get used to the way it goes (like s :ffs: t off a shovel!)... when i tried it, the car was more confident then i was, i gave it a little, but when i dont know the area, and u dont know what the cars like, theres only so much u can try... 'speacially when u aint bought it yet!

2HGVS in a 600yard ish dash was fun though.... :D

cant wait to bring it home and try it on the much loved test strip near us....

mellow, having insurance that high, are you 17?

2 of my mates have P1's and they pay nowhere near that much..did you shop around?

Funny how so many of them are for sale now as the 3 year warranties start to expire.

You have chosen a great car, enjoy it :D

yeah gonna take it easy and slowly build up to hooilganism.... dont want to draw too much attention to it though.... the decat sounds mental! manifold down from Prodrive, with a Prodrive Race Spec back box...... i even got lucky and got hold of one with a stereo in it! registerd with the P1 owners club.... not as active as this, but i guess thats a given considering there are only 1000 of these beauts! pity i couldnt track down a 22b really, would have loved the wide arch jobbie....

mellow, having insurance that high, are you 17?

no im 21 but its my first policy.... i shpped for england on this thing! everywhere wants me to be 25 or 30 and above, or they want a £10k Premium with a £1k excess....

it would have been a lot cheaper but i have declared all the mods on it and that boosted it by a grand.

who are your friends? are they part of the P1 owners club?

I've got a spare pair of P1 door glasses...

brand new, imported for someone with a 22B who then didn't want them :angry:

To buy new from Subaru - £ 197 each plus VAT :-o

Someones offered me £ 150 for the pair. I'd like a little more.

The 22B owner was worried that a disctinctive car in a major city with a large hi-fi install would get broken into quickly and he wanted to be able to repair the car immediately without any messing about...

hm... maybe, i'll have to get back to you on that... is there a rush? only im havin to pay out for the car and the insurance all at the same time and its left such a big hole in my pocket... plus some induction is on the cards next...

its not a toyota!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice motor matey!!

jerry!!

Very nice but I think any car that costs over 1k on insurance isnt worth having.

My opinion of course :P

your getting a p1 :eek: ***** dude how much was that to buy??

I was looking to get one but there 22k+ so sod that for the moment how come u never went for a type r import or a typr RA there a bit cheaper and the insurance might be less of a hit :thumbsup:

I was going to go for a rx7 but the insurance was 3k so I did not bother :lol::lol:

U the man for doing it mate nuff said :thumbsup::thumbsup:

your getting a p1 :eek: ***** dude how much was that to buy??

I was looking to get one but there 22k+ so sod that for the moment how come u never went for a type r import or a typr RA there a bit cheaper and the insurance might be less of a hit :thumbsup:

I was going to go for a rx7 but the insurance was 3k so I did not bother :lol::lol:

U the man for doing it mate nuff said :thumbsup::thumbsup:

well u got the price right!

im still septical about imports, especially on a high performance motor.... i'd rather play safe and have piece of mind. its fssh and a years warranty and i made sure they included the clutch in that too! so i think i got a good deal. just waiting for my wallet burn now....

dosenöffner, wha tosrt of money is ur 22b costin ya a month? fuels and maintenance etc.... is it hard on oil and water? im guessin it would be. i was sooooo after a 22b but couldnt find one!

i looked at the rx7 too, and had the same quote. but i figured i may as well go with four seats and enjoy it longer instead of having to give it up jus when i get used to it... (does that make sense? i only just got up see...)

subaru's are fantastic cars but that insurance is HUGE! how much excess do you have to pay on top of that?

shame the seo's going – make sure the new owner knows about TOC! :lol:

subaru's are fantastic cars but that insurance is HUGE! how much excess do you have to pay on top of that?

shame the seo's going – make sure the new owner knows about TOC! :lol:

the excess is "only" £400 for accidents, £250 for thefts etc. which is good, cos im payin that on the seo too.

the seo is stayin put too though. im giving it to my sister but robbing it back it for when i got stupidly long journeys to do for work.... somehow, i cant see myself forking out for two full tanks just to do a night over in newcastle and leave it parked in a city centre car park ALL day....

the seo shud attract less attention.

The p1 will be sufficiently fast to put the frightners up a few porsches m8 ;) :thumbsup: , maybe u should wait a few years before getting a 22b :o

jappy beast, I got a quote for insurance on a MR2 yesterday by confused.com .. £3300 on a 1988 aw11 :arrgg-matey: <_<

so the mr2 idea is gone now :bye:

i'm condemned to a life of 1.0 yaris :(