Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1990 Celica Gt-s

Koski

Hey Folks,

I just bought a 1990 Celica GT-S with 173000 kms on it, and I was wondering if anyone knew about some common problems with this model? Any preventative maintenance or things I should watch out for? I've had it e-tested and compression tested and it passed both with flying colors. I must say I'm loving this car :)

Thanks,

Koski

I understand they seem to be speeding ticket magnets, better sell it to me quickly ;)

nice buy

thanks,

i can understand the speeding ticket magnet theory, i'm gonna get some pics to post soon i think. the only disappointment i've had so far is the fact that i drove it about 10 clicks from the dealership and the front driver's side caliper seized shut on me. so back i went and he replaced the entire brake assembly on that side for free :)

i have a st202 and the same thing happened to me. i read on another site that this is a known problem with most celicas the the caliper sliding pin seizes. so it only moves at an angle and ends up wearing the pads on one side. but i reckon it was the person that did the pad change last did not bother to grease the sliding bushes right.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links