Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4 Parcel Shelf

The Badger

Anyone know where I can get a Parcel Shelf for my RAV4 XTR 5 Door on a 55 Plate?

I am new to this site and have just bought my RAV 4, but the parcel shelf is missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have tried the dealerships, but was quoted £480!!!

I have tried the dealerships, but was quoted £480!!!

THE THEIVING :censor: 'S!!!!

How can they justify a charge of £480 for a piece of sh :censor: ? No doubt, badger, you will have read the various posts on this forum regarding the "usefullness" of the official parcel shelf. Personally, I find that they are quite a security risk in that when it's in place, you can still see into the boot through the little gaps between the rollerblinds. The actuall parcel shelf only covers half of the boot area, then the remainder is covered using 2 roller blinds that hook onto the head rests on the rear seats. I suppose this is so when you adjust the seats the blinds extend accordingly.

I have made my own replacement out of MDF, and with the addition of a bracket on the rear door, it (the shelf) cannot be lifted up if the back window was smashed. For full details of my project visit my RAV website at http://www.unclepips.co.uk .

If you still want an official parcel shelf, I still have mine (grey in colour) which is sat about doing nothing, so if you want to make me an offer for it, just PM me.

Cheers,

Phil

Pips, what an excellent Rav homesite you have created. A credit to you

Clare :thumbsup:

Thanks Clare! Hope it helps others doing or wanting to do similar jobs.

Cheers,

Phil.

• 1 year later...

i personally feel exactly the same as pips. the oe shelf is terrible!

i cannot tell you how many times i wedged the shelf up into the d pillars when loading shopping into the boot, only to be smashed on the side of the head 30 seconds later!

i hate that shelf

i personally feel exactly the same as pips. the oe shelf is terrible!

i cannot tell you how many times i wedged the shelf up into the d pillars when loading shopping into the boot, only to be smashed on the side of the head 30 seconds later!

i hate that shelf

I had the same problem when I had my 4.2. I used a couple of pieces of sticky velcro (the hard spikey side) and stuck

them to the D pillar. You can see where to stick it because it will be marked by the parcel shelf hitting it. This gives it a

bit of extra grip. :thumbsup:

edit, see photo -

100_0267.jpg

• 8 years later...

Hi,

I just need to bring this thread up. I have imported a 2012 RAV4 D4d XTR from UK with missing Parcel shlef.
What i need to ask if anyone of you guys know if the Parcel shelf from 2013-till present model is compatible with the version of my vehicle?

Thank you

Kyriakos

There are always plenty of parcel shelfs on eBay for under £100

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk