Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Like Driving A Transit Van!

JappyBeast

haha yeah totally normal. i crapped myself this mornin goin to work when the car jumped 3 foot to the left on the motorway and thats with my car slammed all the way down on the coileys :P

We gotta go down the motorway in yours mate, I wanna experience this! :laughing:

lol! great...and ive yet to get my 1st motor way experiance in my 1 litre yaris :-P

You haven't lived then :lol:

haha yeah totally normal. i crapped myself this mornin goin to work when the car jumped 3 foot to the left on the motorway and thats with my car slammed all the way down on the coileys :P

We gotta go down the motorway in yours mate, I wanna experience this! :laughing:

lol if its windy while we are at mascrat ill take u for a trip over thelwall :P

lol! great...and ive yet to get my 1st motor way experiance in my 1 litre yaris :-P

You'll be fine! Jappy's used to his MR-2. 1.0s are normally no real bother on motorways - I've driven one from the middle of Scotland down to Woking before lunchtime one day. No problem!

A

lol if its windy while we are at mascrat ill take u for a trip over thelwall :P

woo! :yahoo::laughing:

Did you fill your pants a few times?

I didn't (it wasn't windy and I'm used to it)

A

You big tart Jappy!!!

I was used to it, as my old shed of a Micra did exactly the same - although not as tall as the Yaris, it was ultra light (no safety features to weigh it down ya see...), and was quite good for wobbling round.

Seeing as the main road to town for me, has a long stretch of road at the top of a hill, with some quite hefty sidewinds in the darker months, it made every commute to work great fun!

I actually thought the Yaris was alright? Never really had a problem with lurching around in windy conditions....

Yo Yaris peeps,

Took the girlfriends Yaris to Scotland and back, is it normal to blow all over the road in high winds?

Never known anything like it!

You want 'blowing all over the road' try my Perodua Kenari, high sided, narrow track and light weight.

The Yaris is a breeze ( :D ) compared to that! (but it is still FUN :yahoo: )

By the way, if you think a Transit gets blown about try the LWB Merc Sprinter, taller and narrower than a Tranny & when empty they can handle like an empty crisp bag in side winds!

Yes, as I said earlier, it does catch the wind but I've never had it jump lanes or end up on the other side of the road, as a result.

Just how tightly are some of you holding the steering wheel? ;)

Keep out of the fast lane!

I usually make people move out of my way in fast lane! its perfectly fine!

Its the ladies in there BMW's and merc's that need to get out of fast lane and stop holding us up!

Right lads! :thumbsup:

My fingers were bleeding I was holding the wheel that hard!

lol :laughing:

Motorway driving does get exciting at times with wind.

Anyone else get the weird toot sound from around the wing mirrors when the wind hits it right?

Scared me a bit the first time I heard it, and I think my friend filled his pants as I didn't warn him of this effect on the way to GP Masters.

The noise from the wing mirrors is a known issue. You can complain about them whistling ti your toyota dealer - there's a tech doc about it. Or you could just tape over the holes inside the mirror hinge yourself...

A

The noise from the wing mirrors is a known issue. You can complain about them whistling ti your toyota dealer - there's a tech doc about it. Or you could just tape over the holes inside the mirror hinge yourself...

A

Interesting. Amazing what you learn in here.

I'm glad I'm not the only person with the problem. Not that it ever concerned me much only thought to mention it cause someone mentioned wind.

Just googled and got sent back here TOC Whistling Mirrors

We do try :lol:

Turn the mirrors and tape over the holes. Tis gets rid of the whistling you'll probably hear when the windows are down. Its really only a P2 problem...

Welcome, btw :thumbsup:

A

We do try :lol:

Turn the mirrors and tape over the holes. Tis gets rid of the whistling you'll probably hear when the windows are down. Its really only a P2 problem...

Welcome, btw :thumbsup:

A

Thanks for the welcome.

I've actually got a P1.

It's not a constant whistle it's more like some one blowing over the top of a bottle very loudly.

Ah - yes -'99 - should have looked...

I know the noise - it only happens very rarely. Maybe just very strong gusts catching the edge of the door seal or similar. As I say, Inever here it more than once every 6 months or so.

A

Not done too much motorway driving. It's done it on 3 runs in total (windy days) thats the Silverstone there and back runs and one other.

Probably only ever been on motorways in this car not much more than 1k miles of the 20k I've notched up in total.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links