Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Dash Top On 2005 Avensis

dark andrew

:help: I've got an anoying click/rattle that appears to be coming from the passenger's side dash, just about where I expect the airbag to be. It only seems to happen when it's cold and mostly disappears when the car warms up. The car's already been in for a rattling dash but Mr T seems to have not cured it so I'm keen to have a look myself. I've taken the trim off, removed the centre trip computer/console and taken off the glove box but I can't see anything that looks like it will take off the top of the dash. Has anybody done this or knows how to do it?

:help: I've got an anoying click/rattle that appears to be coming from the passenger's side dash, just about where I expect the airbag to be. It only seems to happen when it's cold and mostly disappears when the car warms up. The car's already been in for a rattling dash but Mr T seems to have not cured it so I'm keen to have a look myself. I've taken the trim off, removed the centre trip computer/console and taken off the glove box but I can't see anything that looks like it will take off the top of the dash. Has anybody done this or knows how to do it?

I've had the same problem with mine. Especially driving over speedbumps was driving me nuts. Dealers here in Holland are worthless in that respect. I wouldn't even want them to do it. It would end up with more sqeeks and rattles.

I have succesfully removed and replaced the top of the dash (not really that difficult) and found that the "hooks" that are holding it in place near the windshield are making this noise. I used felt around these hooks and now the noise is gone.

The workshop manual is in my possesion in pdf format. Please forward me your e-mail address and I will send you the pages for the dash.

I had a same rattle but a different cause. Behind the airbag there is a plastic pipe from the (interior) dash air outlet. This pipe is split up into several pieces stuck into each other. One of the pieces was rattling when driving over bumpy roads. I only removed the glove box and put a piece of foam behinde the pipe (little bit difficult to reach). Now its gone.

:thumbsup: Cheers gents, I'll be giving this a go when we get a dry day.

Andy

WARNING!! :eek: Always disconnect the Battery if you're going anywhere near the airbag. It's an explosive device and you need to take care if you expose it!

The workshop manual is in my possesion in pdf format. Please forward me your e-mail address and I will send you the pages for the dash.

Hello "bobusa"

I could not PM you for some reason, so I would like to ask you here to send me the same details on the dash to my e-mail: tl1000s(a)luukku.com

I am so irritated of the squeeking noise coming from the area described above, but I have no clue how to get the dash removed in one piece... :)

Thank you for your trouble!

BR

Manza

Finland