Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Swap?

Sandman

I'm in the process of rebuilding a 4afe. I need to know if a g head will bolt on. I Am also looking into different crankshafts but cannot find specs on the different engines. I know that on the f engines most parts swaps over but the strokes are different.

Somebody has to know or know where to look. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

To those interrested---Yes, the g head will bolt onto the f block with no problems. There are other issues but that was the biggest hurdle of the bunch.

• 5 months later...

Excuse my ignorance but what will this achieve?

I too have a Kick ***** 4-AFE :D

I would like to be in this deal too, keep me up to date Sandman! (thats if u want to)

• 1 month later...

guys .. the 4AFE block is compatible with the 4AGE head .. thats for sure ... i know someone who has done this kinda swap .. a 20valve 4AGE head onto a 4AFE block .. BUT .. 1 month after this swap was done the internals of the 4AFE block couldnt take it .. crank bearings gone .. piston rings gone .. crank looks really bad .. and engine oil looks burnt ..

if u guys are looking for an upgrade .. get the whole 4AGE engine rather than swapping heads will be a better idea ..

ps.. that guy who did this swap always pushes the engine close to its max ..

other guys who did a complete engine swap who also pushes engine to max never had such probs ..

• 1 year later...

4afe heads will fit directly to ge blocks... we tried doing it.. and i have a friend that had his done... one of the problem we encounter is the oil squireters. 4afe blocks have no oil squirters... something like that. hope yours will turn out ok. 4afe blocks are not as haevy duty as ge blocks.. kepp me updated..

my 4afe has 4age internals like pistons and crank plus flywheel. i dowanna sacrifice the ge head swap.. its too risky.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello.

I am looking to do a complete swap in my 1995 Geo Prizm, From 4A-FE to 4A-GE. I am not attempting buy any means to Hijack this thread :) But simply am wondering if the two engines can be swapped? (This Includes Tranny) Thanks! :help:

• 1 month later...

yes they can.....i have just recent sold my corolla for a Starlet GT turbo! there are fast!!!!!!!! i wouldn't bother with doing a conversion! buy a faster car! like what i have!!! :D