Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question On Wheels Dimensions For Carina E

LittleM@n

I want to change the wheels on my Carina E, and I've searched for bigger tires than the standard (185/65R14) and the only tires that I've found to still keep the overall dimensions are 205/55R15 or 205/40R17 (I can't find 205/45R16 tyre, just 195/50R16 and don't know what to say about the 195...I wanted 205). The problem is that I'd like to have the 17" (dunno, but I quite sure that the 15" will fit without any problems), but:

Will fit a 17"x7.5 (PDC 5x100 ET38) alloy wheel on Carina E (with the 205/40R17 tyre)?

Or should I search more for one 17"x7?

Any ideeas, cause I'm in dilema...

No one have any ideea?

C'mon, any of you haven't change their wheels more than 14"?

Please, give me a reply!

• 2 weeks later...

No one have any ideea?

C'mon, any of you haven't change their wheels more than 14"?

Please, give me a reply!

It'll fit...

Finally someone :)

Thank you for the answer.

I'll let you know what I'll fit in the end, and post some pics of it.

iI there

my carina e 2.0 xld has 15' whith 195 tyres

but i already have mounted oz superlegera gold 17' whith 205 tyres and it fit good but you have to change the suspension to an harder one or push the car up... or the car will touch the tyres on smal holes an road problems. but if you put 17' wheels on carina you will notice a lot of diferenc on gas consume and initial aceleration the good things is that the car get really good handling on curve... i recommend you to use 15' wheels

• 2 weeks later...

tnx for the reply

Considering that the 205/40R17 and 195/50R16 have the same price, I think I'd chose the 17".

If I get on 15" I need 195/55R15, am I right? But can I fit 205/55R15 (because they're cheaper :P )?

:D Hi m8, 195/60 tyres are the the proper tyre size for the car for 15s, ive just taken my 16s off my gti and have noticed a bit of an improvment in acceleration and its less bumpy aswell, bigger wheels mean better handling, but it you want to suffer in acceleration and comfort very slightly, then get the bigger wheels. Its ok to get 55s if they are slighly cheaper why not, i myself would pay a few extra quid and get the proper size, its up to you m8. Also if you do put 17s on the car, i would reccommened lowering it, as the carina or just like most cars doesent look right with a a bigger set of wheels on it, it sits to high in my opinion because of the low profile tyre, regards TRIG :D :thumbsup: .

Thanx.

Yeah, I would lower it 4 sure if I'll take the 17".

And I know that Toyota is sayng it needs 195/60R15, but using a calculator, the difference between 185/65R14 and 195/60R15 is quite big...that's why I'm looking for the 205/55R15 (i used this calcuator http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html).

Am I wrong somewhere?

• 1 month later...

I just fitted a set of 7-spoke avensis-wheels on my carina with 205/45/17 tyres...

Looks beautiful...

DSC00157.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Looks beautiful, yes :D

But, they're 205/45/17?? They shouldn't be 205/40/17?

And is the tire rubbing somewhere? Because I still haven't got the tires...

And now I'm thinking more about 215/40/17...are they going to rub something?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links