Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance

Wolves on fire

:help: Alright fellas, happy new year to you all!! :yahoo:

Right, my insurance is up on the 27th. I have previously insured my car as a 2.0ltr gt (as stated on the logbook). My dilema is, I know mt car is a SS111, when looking for quotes it is about £300 pound more to insure a ss111 than a 2.0ltr gt.

Do i insure it for what it is a ss111

or

Do i insure it as the logbook states a 2.0ltr gt.

Your advice whould be very much appreciated :help:

I'm confused as to why it's listed as a 2.0GT on the documents, but it's really a SS111.

If all the official paperwork states that it is a 2.0GT then I would have thought that you should insure it as such. In the unfortunate event of having to make a claim, any insurance company would point out that your car is a 2.0GT ( as the records show ) and therefore any claim for an SS111 would be null and void as it's not the car they have insured.

If you know for a fact that it's an SS111, but the documents are wrong then it's down to you to get this corrected. If, on the other hand, you don't know that it's not a GT ( and why would you doubt this - that's what the log book says ) then it's not your concern !

cheers chaps, thats what i was thinking. If i never come onto this sight i would not know what i was driving in any case.