Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slapa Is Poorly

GIDDLEPIN

Went out for a run today and decided to fill up at the Saisbury’s in Hull because I have some vouchers, it only needed half a tank so I topped up then set off, after travelling about half a mile to join the A63 the engine hesitated slightly as I left the roundabout but settled down as I reached 65, not being in a hurry I held this speed until turning off for Ferry Bridge services that’s when the fun began, it was as if somebody had changed the firing order to a Subaru setting on the engine and killed 100 of the horses at the same time.

I had checked the oil before setting off (who doesn’t?) and it was as it always has been (never use any from one service to the next), the level was still the same and nothing seemed untoward, no CEL or leaks etc. Got back home without any problem apart having to move over a couple of times to let the odd snail overtake me then checked the oil again, still the same level.

So it will be off to Mr T’s tomorrow (if it starts) for a diagnosis. If it is dirty fuel then I need to know what the procedure would be because if the injector pump and injectors are creamed, it won’t be cheap. If it’s the Roadster curse then Mr T will be sorting that one out hopefully. :(

sounds like a bad batch of fuel, or you hava a plug thats gone down.

check your HT leads incase one has come off or is loose.

fuel pump should be ok, and the fuel filter should stop dirt getting to the injectors

fuel pump should be ok, and the fuel filter should stop dirt getting to the injectors

Cheers Lee :thumbsup:

Everything looks hunkey-dory externally but it did throw a CEL a couple of weeks ago, MrT said it was dirty oil getting to a sensor (yeah Rrrrright :rolleyes: ), they re-set the ecu and all has been fine.

One thing I do remember though, the guy who used the pump before me had to push it out of the way because it wouldn't start......coincidence? :unsure:

Cheers Lee :thumbsup:

Everything looks hunkey-dory externally but it did throw a CEL a couple of weeks ago, MrT said it was dirty oil getting to a sensor (yeah Rrrrright :rolleyes: ), they re-set the ecu and all has been fine.

One thing I do remember though, the guy who used the pump before me had to push it out of the way because it wouldn't start......coincidence? :unsure:

Sounds like you might have uploaded some of the new Sainsburys water diluted petrol....................pity that you don't have a water injected engine ;) Hope you get it sorted Les. :thumbsup:

Hi Ya ..Les..well i am going to MrT tomorow to get them to fit that grill thingy me bob i was tellin ya about :ffs:

Well lets hope that Mr T gets it sorted for you Les :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Just called Sainsbury’s and guess what?....The pump I used has been closed down since yesterday until they can get BP down to check the fuel. :rolleyes:

I’m going to try to get the car to Mr T’s shortly if I can, it is belching out plumes of white smoke though (no CEL as yet) :shutit:

Les

nightmare ehh... !Removed! dirty fuel... hope thats what it is... make sure you get em to pay for the repairs Les.

Picking the car up tomorrow with no lasting damage done apparently, apart from to my wallet £350!!!!!

Sainsbury’s contacted me for details and I have to send all relevant invoices etc so hopefully I won’t be out of pocket, latest on the filling station is that ALL pumps have been closed, so it seems they have an expensive problem on their hands :o

As Dawsey said, the filter would take care of any solid or sludge particles but wouldn’t be able to stop some liquid contaminants, I have a feeling it was water because of the white vapour burning off when I started up the next day, diesel can also cause white smoke but this would be constant and if in sufficient quantities, choke up the engine.

Hopefully no lasting damage has occurred and things should be ok :thumbsup:

What did they do for £350?

Had a similar one with Kates MR2 when a couple of drops of water got down into the recess where the plug meets the head.

What did they do for £350?

Had a similar one with Kates MR2 when a couple of drops of water got down into the recess where the plug meets the head.

Here's the bill and that doesn't include £36.77 for fuel :eek: (note the £65.00 just to dispose of the contaminated fuel)

d.jpg

They recomend I take the car back after a few weeks running to have an emissions test to confirm that all is ok :yes:

Also they won't have the results of the fuel analysis for a couple of weeks any way

Hope you have no more trouble with her and Sainsburys come up with the dosh.

Incidentally, they charge for disposing of the oil when you have that changed at a service too. :yes:

glad all is sorted (fingers crossed)

sainsbury's should pick up the tab for this one.

sounds like the guy in front of you had hardly any fuel left so not enough to run on.

it has been known for thewrong product to get delivered to the tanks. sounds like that is whats happened

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links