Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Air Filter

mromecin

Any good? Seen one on eBay for me Yaris 1.3 T3 and i was just wondering what people think of performance air filters and K&N specifically?

Just a replacement element mate, not bad but don't expect huge results!! K & N, can't really go wrong with them really, even if it does you've got a million mile warrenty with them!!!!

K&N Typhhon Induction kit is amazing! Relocates to best place possible and you get a really good sound!

K&N Typhhon Induction kit is amazing! Relocates to best place possible and you get a really good sound!

**** compared to Apexi :P

Bring it :P Typhoon relocates to better place and everyone knows that!

True but K&N is a wet filter therefore more likely to mess up the MAF sensor.

Apexi is a Jap Dry filter maintenence free :thumbsup:

And sounds :drool:

+ it can easily be relocated

Induction kit gives greater throttle response and slight increase in power and most of them sound amazing :P

Dry filter doesnt need oiling but wet filter does, the oil from wet filter can get onto the MAF sensor and mess it up.

better replac with a trd one or leave the factory standard. using cone filters sometimes will give problems to the maf sensor as i had on my vitz

Loads on here with cone filter without problems :thumbsup: Depends on quality, type of filter and whether it is well maintained!

I have a KN replacement filter in my 1.3 (2003).

The car sounds better, as well as the response of the engine in every revs!! Specially past 4000rpm, its much better :D

Check my video

I have some more videos with no KN filter but with less quality! Just another thing, the car doesn't sound as good as in the video! Its less 'agressive'!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The car sounds better, as well as the response of the engine in every revs!! Specially past 4000rpm, its much better :D

Check my video

I have some more videos with no KN filter but with less quality! Just another thing, the car doesn't sound as good as in the video! Its less 'agressive'!! ;)

I take it you weren't on the public highway doing 96mph :blink:

Doesn't sound much differant to my standard 1.0 T3, are there any actual benefits to fitting one to a 1.0 or would it be a waste of time and money ?

• 3 weeks later...

Check my video

Doesn't sound much differant to my standard 1.0 T3, are there any actual benefits to fitting one to a 1.0 or would it be a waste of time and money ?

k and n panel sound a tad better, release another horse or two and give a few more miles per! only buy once so work out cheaper in the long run then stock. make sure you get the right one though, should NOT need any trimming. if it does, they gave you the wrong one. swap it!

Check my video

I filmed that in my private track B)

Even if you have actually no gains in power by fitting the filter (witch is possible) you still have a low-cost mantain filter for the cars life ;)

Hey all, i actually got one. Had it a few weeks now. Not bad really, notice it more around 4000RPM, throttle a bit more responsive. Just looking to get a better CAF, not to keen on induction kits tho. All that agressive sound and its just me in my Yaris (not a Porshe) can't be good! Phrase comes to mind 'Bark bigger than your bite!'

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links