Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kerbed Alloys

bazTSport

this is highly embarassing but managed to kerb my alloys TWICE in the space of 2 weeks. I hope this is not the sign of a bad driver......but i now have a phobia about parallel parking. Actually i have a phobia about parking period.

the noise of the alloy wheel as it scrapes against the pavement is worse than chalkboard scratching.

can anyone recommend where i can get my kerbed alloys replaced or reconditioned. you see, i got one spare alloy wheel in the boot but i want to fix the kerbed one as well.

the alloy wheel is made by FONDMETAL, and yes, they are damn expensive and do make alloys for F1 as well. does reconditioning actually work because the wheel is flaking away like powder.

help me please.

on another note, i think i can say that my t sport engine is getting better as i do more miles - now that its done 3000 miles the engine is SWEET!!!

tte

that celica - maybe one day.....

Kerbs are evil. :angry:

I always park a good foot away from them, now I'm just worried about getting my wing mirrors knocked off!

yeah ill second that

always give yaself a good foot

roy - just fold ya mirrors in! :D

Add your location into your profile Baz as i assume you are from the UK but it is pointless me telling you about a refurb company in Northumberland when you are in Kent.

I had my alloys on for 2 weeks when i went to Holland last year. Turned down a cobbled street got to the end and the car slid straight into the curb off the wet cobbles :angry:

Let's just say the language was rather choice coming from me for the rest of the day :ffs:

Yes dont you just hate the sound of wheels being kerbed. So far i have being lucky. But my wife now huh! nuff said ah :shutit:

jerry!!

sorry - yeah i'm from near manchester - Sorted Avensis am gonna put my location on and improve my appearance online soon but got slow connection and no time!! i wanna use this owners club more often but will do once exams etc over.

cheers for the website - will try it out, but do u reckon i should wait a few weeks just incase i kerb it again??? only joking - but when i see kerbed alloys i always think "what a crap driver." now my car has 2 massive grinders down sides of the alloys.

erm ... wing mirrors are also another priority ... i fold them in regularly. My mate has a BMW 330ci coupe and he always folds his wing mirrors up electrically when he parks. he went to pick up some food from a take away and saw these thugs walking upto his car. they roundhouse kicked the wing mirrors not realising the owner was staring at them through the take away window. he went mad!!!!

maybe BMW shouldnt make wing mirrors that are so tempting for vandals to kick off once they are folded up?

aight laters

I always find sticking your head out of window just to check your not to close is a good idea or if your parking and the kerb is on the nearside just use your electric mirrors. Just press it down untill you can see the kerb and everyone a winner. On the old mans German tank (sorry dad I mean your lovely E-Class) :lol: when you put it into reverse it does this for you. Good Idea I think.

Nick :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

there is a place in bridgend in south wales called renowheel

have a look in the yellow pages the number is in there :thumbsup: