Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very Good Deal On Samsung Lcd Tvs

kingdeacon

not sure if anyone is out to get a new lcd tv? i just ordered the 5th one on this page from dixons, 32" Samsung lcd tv with built in free view, 5000-1 contrast ratio. delivered to my door for £589 ! thats a very good price for a tv like this, cant wait to play my xbox 360 on it :)

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/editorial/...p_id=ppc_tvcamp

thats the link, the 26" is only £449.00 delivered :eek:

Bargain parents paid £900 not so long back for 32" one!

Picture quality is immense you definally get what you pay for when it comes to Tv's!

• 3 years later...

No Freeview box/TV on the market (as at Sept 2009) will decode the new HD signals, though they are due to the market in 2010. i personally would consider this when buying a tv right now , because when the new hd signals are broadcast you wont be able to receive them without the addition of a seperate box with the ability to do so

Unless the tv's you are buying can automatically receive HD-TV via a built in tuner i personally would hold off , until ones that can are released to the market some time this year , i did a bit of research last year and off the top of my head i think they were due to the market around September time this year , i could be wrong though .

you can of course get round the problem by subscribing to sky or cable or buying a tv with freesat hd built in thereby cutting out the need to buy an additional box , there are currently 2 free to air hd channels available on freesat with possibly 2 more to follow , if you go down the freesat route then you will of course have to install a satelite dish , don't be put off by that , i installed my sat-dish myself , its very cheap and simple to do .

The choice is up to the individual of course and it all depends on what you want from your tv .

Cheaper still...

General

• Product Type: 32" LCD TV
  • Series Crystal: TV
  • Digital Television Certification: HDTV 1080p
  • HDCP Compatible: Yes
  • Timer Functions: Sleep
  • Enclosure Colour: Platinum black
Display
  • Diagonal Size: 32" - widescreen
  • Technology: TFT active matrix
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080
  • Display Format: 1080p (FullHD)
  • 24p Technology 1080: 24p Real Movie
  • LCD Backlight Technology: Wide Color Gamut-CCFL
  • Progressive Scan: Progressive scanning (line doubling)
  • Features: On/off timer, on-screen menu, Wide Color Enhancer 2, Anynet Plus, DNIe+, Crystal Design

DVD

• Features Anynet+
Video Features
  • HDTV Ready: Built-in
  • Teletext: Yes
  • Teletext Memory: 1000 pages

Audio System

• Sound Output: Mode Stereo
  • Built-in Decoders: Dolby Digital Plus
  • Surround Mode: Built-in
  • Sound Effects: SRS TruSurround HD
  • Speakers Included: 2 Speakers
  • Output Power / Total: 20 Watt
  • Features: Down-firing Speaker
  • Speaker(s): 2 x right/left channel speaker - built-in - 10 Watt
Connections
  • Connector Type 3 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) - rear ¦ 1 x component video input (RCA phono x 3) - rear ¦ 1 x VGA input (15 PIN HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - rear ¦ 1 x digital audio output (optical) (TOS Link) - rear ¦ 1 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) - side ¦ 1 x composite video/audio input (RCA phono x 3) - side ¦ 2 x SCART (21 PIN SCART) - rear ¦ 1 x USB 2.0

Power and Dimensions

• Power Device: Power supply - internal
  • Voltage Required: AC 230V (50/60 Hz)
  • Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep: 0.3 Watt
  • Power Consumption Operational: 130 Watt
  • Panel without stand: 80.6cm x 7.8cm x 52.9cm
  • Panel with stand: 80.6cm x 24cm x 59cm
  • Weight: 13.7 kg
  • Flat Panel Mount Interface: VESA 200 x 200 mm

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/191576

I bought a Toshiba 32" Regza from Richer Sounds last November for £299 and for another £30 got a 5 year warranty - £329 all in. For another 10% of the price they will give a 5 year warranty on practically all their electronic products. It may be worth giving them a try.:)

http://www.richersounds.com/