Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hiace Stalling Problem

kylenorth18

Hi everyone,

My family recently bought a Toyota Hiace Supercustom 2.4TD, it was running fine for a couple of months but unfortunatly the (I believe) diesel injector pump had to be replaced, since then the hiace stalls(or tries to)each time you stop after a reasonable journey. :(

For example the car is driven about 14 miles a day by my Dad, it gives out a quite a bit of greyish smoke in the mornings but none when driving. The journey to work is apparently fine, no stalling when he arrives there. However when he arrive home and tries to park the car, the engine shudders and dies. It seems to start ok but still wants to stall unless you keep the revs up slightly.

The car was taken out before this for a longer journey of about 25 miles by my Mum and on arrival to where she was going, it stalled about 10 times when reverse was engaged to park. Also on the return journey, the oil light came on breifly and when turning off the motorway and coming up to the roundabout, the engine began to shudder so that my mum had to accelerate again to keep it going, she luckily didnt have to stop again until she reached home, when it stalled again as it does normally. I checked the oil and topped it up as it was on the minimum mark and put some more water in but that wasnt really necessary as it hadnt used much.

The temperature gauge never goes above halfway and there is no smoke apart from the cold starting smoke is given out.

To me it sounds like the engine could be being starved of fuel by something like a blocked filter. Any other suggestions? :help:

Apart from this, we are all very happy with the car.

I'm sure I will be posting more questions soon!

Thanks for any help and sorry for the essay!

Kyle.

:) As you have had a new pump fitted it is more than possible that air is getting into the fuel pump some how maybe a bad pipe joint or a crack. Hope this helps B)

• 13 years later...

my  2007 toyota hiace diesel starts but then stalls the mechanic said it may be the imobilizer the key pulls out of the ignition

while it runs 

can anyone help