Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revisons - When Did They Change From 1 To 2

Billy C

Need to know what date the mk2 MR2 changed from the Rev 1 to Rev 2.

Just found out the MR2 i'm getting is Jan 92. A Bit worried :(

Cheers :thumbsup:

Will

why worry ?

91 was 91 and think jan '92 is rev 1 aswell although could go either way, look for the colour coded strip along the centre fo the car (rev 2 had colour coded, rev 1 was black)...

rev 1 has more torque although rev 2 had better brakes, alternatively if you think the guy is giving you the run around could always tell him to get lost if its an NA an dbuy mine lol, best of both worlds rev 1 torque with rev 2 brakes and aftermarket suspension and alloys to sort out the handling, add that to the other toys and hey presto one mint looking MR2 thats been cherished....

Rev 1 changed to Rev2 in December 91. There may have been some rev1's registered later than this if they weren't registered before this date.

the last rev1 chassis number was 59265 (dec '91)

The rev1's had the better suspension geometry (need's a 30mm drop though) .. but the smaller brakes.

The Rev1's handle the best when dropped and on larger alloys (lower tyre profile).

HTH,

B.

Just telling people the truth ;)

You really need the Rev3 Transplant though 174 bhp .. (the Rev4/5's were only 168bhp) or the VVTi Beams .. but they are are rare as rocking horse :censor: ..

i believe the top end is faster but the rev1 had more torque and could pull at certain speeds quicker than the rev 3 as me and Sys G found out much to my surprise on the way to !Removed!.....

And what a pleasant surprise it was :D

the last rev1 chassis number was 59265 (dec '91)

The rev1's had the better suspension geometry (need's a 30mm drop though) .. but the smaller brakes.

Have got the chassis n.o and its sw20 007xxxx

So i take it, its the rev2- thats fine by me. Cheers dude :thumbsup:

Also why did they revise the suspension if it was the best? I thought ppl were spinning them all the time :blink:

Rhaines, thanks for the offer but heart set on the tubby :D