Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Headunit

R6TH M

Ok so my cd player is messing about in the yaris - when playing a cd, the lights dim in the car after it bangs and pops (as if the track is skipping) only its quite a loud noise! i thought at first it was a few scratched cd's but its doing the same thing with new cd's :crybaby:

Has anyone had this problem? The car is within its 3 year warranty but i was thinking the cd player warranty might only be a year?

Any help appreciated before i ring Mr T!

Ruth

Have you tried putting a CD lense cleaning disc in?

It could be that your laser lense is a bit mucky :thumbsup: ......................worth a try :)

Have you had something drop in the cd slot (paper clip/sweet wrapper etc)?. That could cause the player to "short out" and give the symptoms that you describe

yip used a cd cleaner on it earlier, seemed to work for a while but now its not playing any tracks at all!! As far as i know, nothing has been inserted into the slot that shouldnt have been,lol

Sounds like it could be a short if it is dimming the lights in the car. I had a similar problem on a ford fiesta i was looking at for a friend!

If you are still in your 3 year warranty, i'm sure that it covers all the accessories that were originally in the car when you bought it, i know mine was because i has a power problem which was caused by a dodgy loom on the radio and Mr T sorted it for me! Worth a shot i think! :thumbsup:

Those lens cleaners are more likely to do more damage than good!

Agreed! Sometimes they leave bristles in the drive and have been known on occasion to scratch the lens! The best thing to clean CD lenses with (If you are brave enough to open the unit...) is an alcohol prep pad like they use in the hospitals to prep for an injection, and a matchstick! We have a supply at work for that very purpose!

Little tip for you :thumbsup:

cheers guys, im brave enough to clean it i just cant be bothered lol. Rang Mr T there and the girl said it will be warranty work! Waiting on them ringing back... looks like i could be waiting a while

Get it sorted asap you don't want an electrical fire behind the dash. :blink:

On that note i plugged in my aftermarket !Removed! lighter today to use it to power my tomtom but when i did it started to produce white smoke :o luckily i quickly pulled it out but wasn't too pleasant! There is a fuse in the tomtom one power lead from the ciggy lighter rated at 2A but that doesn't seem to have blown :wacko: Will try another aftermarket !Removed! lighter i have got and see what happens then!

Oh flip, i was thinking about this whilst driving home tonite, is there anyway this could cause a fire?? Should i leave the radio off altogether?

Its going into toyota on friday afternoon!!

Oh flip, i was thinking about this whilst driving home tonite, is there anyway this could cause a fire?? Should i leave the radio off altogether?

Its going into toyota on friday afternoon!!

That might be a good idea, although it hasn't caught fire yet.

On that note i plugged in my aftermarket !Removed! lighter today to use it to power my tomtom but when i did it started to produce white smoke :o luckily i quickly pulled it out but wasn't too pleasant! There is a fuse in the tomtom one power lead from the ciggy lighter rated at 2A but that doesn't seem to have blown :wacko: Will try another aftermarket !Removed! lighter i have got and see what happens then!

I had a similar experience in one of my cars, i had the lighter socket near the handbrake so i plugged in my phone charger but didn't realise that i had dropped a 1p coin into it so it started smoking really bad, car stank for a few days after.

update, guy from toyota took one listen to the cd playing and said "we'll get u a new headunit from japan" yayyyy, have to wait a couple of weeks now tho :(

get a surround instead and get them to fit that, if they have to take the cd player out anyway you might as well get an aftermarket cd player fitted. :thumbsup:

:yahoo: