Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhausts

bigdave229

Hi, guys thinking of getting a cat back exhaust for my t sport, any1 got pics as i have no idea wot type to get? thinking jap style can but not sure.

Think of going powerflow any1 else been there or had work done? Comments?

just had my rear box changed for a poweflow one. i am happy with it. alot of people here have systems from envy performance

IMGP0202-1.jpg

Pretty sure we put the smallest box they do on it. And think the tip is a 4''slash you can get one which has a burnt tip too if you like it.

Also with powerflow the workmanship depends where you get it done as the systems are made in the garage you go to and its there welding which counts so make sure you go to a powerflow which has a good rep for there systems. :thumbsup:

I have powerflow system, cant say much else about it, other than it sounds the nuts and pops :P

I have 3" slash with burnt tip!

yeah its good mate only the rear box changed. looking to get a de cat in the future from envy and the rest of the middle section. will have to pop over to your area again soon mate

Yeah im doing the same, theres a powerflow place near me in darlington, but as plp have mentioned it depends on the garage, the one in darlington is ment to be crap. I went down to the place, walked in and all the techs were slouched in their seats playing on their phones, they didnt seem to care. I then went to the reception desk, and asked how much a cat back system would cost for my car. The only information i gave him was i had a toyota yaris t sport, he replied £280, he didnt ask me any other question's. I thought to myself the service was :censor: he didnt seemed bothered either.

I then heard from a friend of mine that there was another place called unique exhausts so i gave them a ring. The service was great they use full stainless steel (t130, or whatever it is) not just on the boxes like powerflow do, but on the actual pipeing aswell. He asked me what car it was, what size engine, what size end pipe i wanted, and also what type of sound i was after aswell.

And to top things off it was cheaper £250 was the price, mint! and im also going to try and get a bolt on decat pipe thrown in aswell, as i know someone who knows them :D . Ive got the money now, but i really want to get an envy 4 branch manifold first, second hand as i want a full system.

So i will be putting it in the wanted section, anybody know of anyone who is selling one, give me a shout plz!

Anywho i probably bored you with my story but just thought i would give you my opnion of powerflow. The reason i said unique exhaust sytems are a full stainless steel is because i heard powerflow use mild steel for their pipeing and only stainless steel for thier boxes.

Thanks gain

Drew

nah powerflow use stainless steel, well where my friend runs he says they use it. mild steel would rust surly and then the life time guarantee would be worth nothing???

When we were doing mine he ran out of the wire ya use for welding and we had to wait to get the right one. i said ''cant you use the welding machine next door and he said that was for welding mild steel and that would be ponitless on a stainless steel pipe work'' so guess they dont use mild steel. He also said that his company has to buy the pipe work and boxes and tips from powerflow but he could buy the pipe from other companys so i guess some people who do systems under the name of powerflow could i guess be buying and using mild steel at a cheaper cost but selling them as stainless steel and at a profit???just a thought :thumbsup:

lol fair point, but like i said it depends on the garage doesnt it..... but thats what you've just said also :ffs:

oh well think im gonna stick with unique exhaust anyway, just thought would let you know.

What price did they give you?

I have the fujitsubo exhaust on mine, got it from envy couple years back, combined with the envy sports cat/ mid section and a megan racing manifold it sounds the absolute nuts :D

rearsplit2.png

and a better pic before the rear splitter went on

cleanexhaust.jpg

charlie :thumbsup:

lol fair point, but like i said it depends on the garage doesnt it..... but thats what you've just said also :ffs:

oh well think im gonna stick with unique exhaust anyway, just thought would let you know.

What price did they give you?

well what i had should have been 160-170 but i got it cheaper then that.

LOL powerflow system vary alot i guess, i have heard bad storys about companys who install them

Charlie .. thats almost as nice as an HKS

guess you have a hks???lol. pics???as i aint seen it yet but i have read posts that yours is very loud

Be original, go for a Blitz, sound awesome especially up in higher revs, nice and quiet lower down though if you just have the backbox. I've got a De-Cat and Exhausts UK centre section and thats made it louder and freed up the rev range on the car :)

DSCF1619.jpg

DSCF1346.jpg

Picture !Removed! I know :P

have any of you people above ever been pulled over about noise polluition and whats the worst can happen if you car aint got a cat and the police pull you for it???

• 4 weeks later...

mild steel to centre section,stainless rear box bought from envy perfomance,makes a quality sound to to loud but enough to turn heads if booted rear cone does come out but i never bothered as sound was sweet as it was. :thumbsup:downs003.jpg

downs005.jpg