Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Does My Alarm Keep Going Off?

bazTSport

has anyone had problems with their toyota alarm system??? since the weather has been boiling my alarm has been randomnly going mad and deciding to get some unnecessary attention. apart from scaring me to death it is slightly annoying.

anyone had this problem with their alarm and is it major?? gimme all the gossip before i go to the toyota dealer and try to get them to fix it....

ok cheers

I had this problem on my YTS, the alarm was going off pretty much all day every day after the first hot spell in April.

Take it to your dealer and they'll adjust the sensitivity. I've not had any problems since they adjusted it (but I have tested the alarm still works).

Can someone explain how the alarm works on the CTS? If i´m right it should be equipped with alarm from factory because it´s a T-sport? Or was it an option to buy with the car?

The manual says nothing about "IF you have the alarm installed" it only reads like you WOULD have that. I tried to do what the manual says to check if the alarm works, and NOTHING happens!!

My parents also got a CTS and it doesn´t work there either.

So my question, is it a custom option or is it factoryinstalled?

I've had the same problem

Toyota said it was a faulty rador unit.

It was replaced under warrenty

My alarm had a bit of a fit on Monday. It kept going off so in the end I locked the car with the key. :(

It was fine in the evening though and has been ever since, so I'll just put it down to the exceptionally hot weather.

Martenj76, not sure about Toyotas but my last car (a Peugeot) had different specifications for different countries. I don't think it had deadlocks or an alarm in Denmark?!

Alarm is standard on the CTS in the UK but maybe not in Sweden - check with your Dealer.

I had the same problem with my alarm, the thing goes carzy on the hot days, and here in Costa Rica, it gets hot believe me B) , or sometime it went off after I had speed up the car a bit, or when you rev it up too much and then park it right away, so what I did is that I let it cool down for a couple of mins and then turn the car off.

Hope it hepls :thumbsup:

Hi everyone

Now and again my wife car in the garage alarm would go off. But what make me laugh it happens when you open the garage door? And it seems to trigger the alarm? Ive checked to see if something is hitting the top of the aerial or something like that but i cant see why??

jerry!!

yeah cheers will go and tell toyota if they can have a look at it....

asked my dad and he said his jeep always goes off and is real sensitive - even goes off whne it rains and hails!!

toyota alarm systems must be real sensitive - shame they dont go off when they sniff a dodgy thief walking close to the car..........

wouldnt it be amazin to have an alarm that rings ur mobile phone when the alarm does go off to tell u when u are miles away from the car??? why dont toyota invent it man. it sounds so easy and simple - ur own GPS system with a cheap 20 quid mobile phone.

by the way 97 paseo i did check for ages if there was a fly inside -- so paranoid there was that i closed all the air vents just in case one of those gits was hiding in the fan system.

Mine Never goes off even if you lock the car and sit in it and move about bang things etc, what is the best way to test the alarm ?

wouldnt it be amazin to have an alarm that rings ur mobile phone when the alarm does go off to tell u when u are miles away from the car??? why dont toyota invent it man. it sounds so easy and simple - ur own GPS system with a cheap 20 quid mobile phone.

you can get an alarm system that does this they are called pager systems usaly cost a bit though

Mine Never goes off even if you lock the car and sit in it and move about bang things etc, what is the best way to test the alarm ?

all toyota alarms are adjustable.. turn it up.

ok, here are some answers to questions posted here:

a. your factory ordered CTS most likely doesnt have an alarm installed however manuals will always explain alarms as if you had one installed

b. TVSS (Toyota Vehicle Security System) is adjustable, I had (heat?) problems with my MR2 TVSS-IV and lowering glass sensor sensitivity solved it... my CTS has not had any issues with its TVSS-V, but I would in any case try lovering the sensitivity a bit (dealership work)

c. the fact that you have an TVSS installed does not mean you have all the options... among other things, TVSS consists of following optional items: inside radar sensor, glass breakage sensor and separate alarm horn... TVSS can be operated and installed without any of these, so you might not have radar sensor...

Had exactly the same problem with my YTS when I first got it - on hot days, if anything heavy like a truck or van passed by, it would go off repeatedly. Now this may sound a bit simplistic, but I raised the bonnet switch up a bit (a previous car had the same issue) and the alarm has been fine for the past 2 years, even with the recent hot weather...

all but the CTS are adustable, its done through the radar sensor, they are placed in different places in different models, and no im not going to tell you, it defeats the object of an alarm if people know where to look.

Dan

all toyota alarms are adjustable.. turn it up.

how ?

It was a bit of look really. It fell out one day..

The box with the adjustment on was behind the glovebox just to the right of the ECU (Right hand drive YTS)

yeah cheers will go and tell toyota if they can have a look at it....

asked my dad and he said his jeep always goes off and is real sensitive - even goes off whne it rains and hails!!

toyota alarm systems must be real sensitive - shame they dont go off when they sniff a dodgy thief walking close to the car..........

As mentioned by Dawesy there isn't anything innovative 'bout this

I have just installed a new alarm in mine .. it has a 2-way remote that will start ringing if the cars alarm is activated. According to the manual it should have a range of 1.200 meters / 3.900 feet

Through the display of the remote i can see the temperature in the car, what sensor have been triggered (door, trunk, hood). Also I can start my car with the remote, open the trunk, closing windows. The alarm also have capability of starting the car when reaching certain temperatures.

Another alarm I know of, can be supplemented by a module, compatible with ericsson phones, through which you will be called if the alarm is activated .. I do believe that you can actually then call the phone and speak to the persons in the car and ofcourse shut the car off. This module needs a phone permanently installed in it and also a subscribtion for number ofcourse ;-)

Alarms connected with GPS are also known and then you can track your car .. in DK this cost from 850£

:thumbsup: cheers man that sounds wicked. how much did it cost u? that start facility for A/C sounds real good - like mercs!

never knew about pager alarms before - what is ur setup called - is it a pager alarm or called something else?

i will look into this - sounds real useful but dont wanna spend more than what a tracker would cost. seriously considering some sort of additional protection tho.

also, does anyone know bout any new devices for preventing CARJACKING??? i kinda realise carrying weapons with u is illegal but is there anythin u can fit or use to protect u from being carjacked??? heard lot of stories round our way bout near misses with the carjacking crew and wanted to know bout any good ways to prevent it.....apart from creeping up to traffic lights!!!

cheers for replies - much appreciated

An alaram where it has its own mobile you can call and talk to that would be funny....

"Good afternoon, Michael..."

"Where's Bonny Michael, doesn't she look good in that cat suit Michael...."

etc...

:thumbsup: cheers man that sounds wicked. how much did it cost u? that start facility for A/C sounds real good - like mercs!

never knew about pager alarms before - what is ur setup called - is it a pager alarm or called something else?

i will look into this - sounds real useful but dont wanna spend more than what a tracker would cost. seriously considering some sort of additional protection tho.

also, does anyone know bout any new devices for preventing CARJACKING??? i kinda realise carrying weapons with u is illegal but is there anythin u can fit or use to protect u from being carjacked??? heard lot of stories round our way bout near misses with the carjacking crew and wanted to know bout any good ways to prevent it.....apart from creeping up to traffic lights!!!

cheers for replies - much appreciated

Yes, you can also remotely start the A/C .. but since I do not have that, I'll just have to start the engine, so come winter I'll can enjoy that my car is warm, leaving the office :-)

This is the alarm I've installed in mine, cost was 230£ .. ehm .. if I payd the taxes on it :P

http://www.wintec.com.tw/product/2way/lea-825.htm

I wondered if I should try installing somekind of electric chocker to the chassis or maybe just the stearingwheel .. :eek: .. that or a little container with compressed smoke .. emptying upon activation of the alarm.

The Lea825 comes with an anticarjacking button, activating the sirene .. don't know whether it also locks the doors. I haven't installed this button, as carjacking isn't a problem in Denmark

• 1 year later...

I have a 98 Avensis 2.0GLS with a similarly mental alarm since the hot weather. It has been fine up until this spring.

The alarm will not reset cleanly until the sun diminishes or I park the car in full shade.

Does anyone know where this fabled radar adjuster can be found on the series1 avensis to save me time. My neighbours would be eternally grateful.

Thanks.