Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 7a-fe Engine

vdc300

Hi

Have Avensis 1.8 GLS 1999 (V), engine has gone pop (don't ask), I got my local garage to source a second hand engine from IVOR SEARLE (ivorsearle.co.uk), Engine arrived 95% installed Injectors don't fit? IVOR SEARLE had the engine back and say it's not a compatible engine (although it's suppose to be a 7A-FE).

So I have two question for you guys out there, these injectors are grey, nothing else seems extraordinary about them, and they fitted find in the old engine, which was also marked 7A-FE, does anyone know of a varience on this model engine, that Ivor Searle don't know about?

Does anyone know of a good place to source Toyota Engines (recon or 2nd hand)

Thanks

Paul

Hi

Have Avensis 1.8 GLS 1999 (V), engine has gone pop (don't ask), I got my local garage to source a second hand engine from IVOR SEARLE (ivorsearle.co.uk), Engine arrived 95% installed Injectors don't fit? IVOR SEARLE had the engine back and say it's not a compatible engine (although it's suppose to be a 7A-FE).

So I have two question for you guys out there, these injectors are grey, nothing else seems extraordinary about them, and they fitted find in the old engine, which was also marked 7A-FE, does anyone know of a varience on this model engine, that Ivor Searle don't know about?

Thanks

Paul

hi Paul....... try www.nipponspares.com they are in barking area, they have replace about 4 engines for cabbies in my town none have had any problems ( so far :) )

hope this helps.... Chris

Paul,

just a guess but the 7A-FE was fitted to the Carina E as well. i think the early model Avensis (from 97 to 2000) had the 7A-FE engine then they switched to the VVTi.

It could be that the injector size is different between the Carina version and the Avensis version although i would have thought it unlikely.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks

Paul

hi Paul....... try www.nipponspares.com they are in barking area, they have replace about 4 engines for cabbies in my town none have had any problems ( so far :) )

hope this helps.... Chris

Yep, got an engine from Nipponspares, now have different problem with the injectors the wiring loom / harness has green sockets in an oval shape, which don't match my avensis wiring loom. Have tried several breakers and they all find different plugs. any ideas?

Just a thought. I belive there are 2 7a-fe engines. 1 is a 1.8 7a-fe lean burn used in the Carina E and Avensis from 1998-2000. This engine produced in the region of 109bhp. The other 1.8 7a-fe engine was non lean burn and used in the previous celica that produced in the region of 120bhp.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links