Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jdm

HinDiTuLitKa

Hey guys, im basicaly new on the jdm scene... and well i heard its not legal in california?? is it? can i tell the !Removed! who told me this to shut up?? thanks :crybaby:

Hey guys, im basicaly new on the jdm scene... and well i heard its not legal in california?? is it? can i tell the !Removed! who told me this to shut up?? thanks :crybaby:

Is what "JDM" legal? JDM parts or a car from Japan or what?

JDM (short for Japanese Domestic Market) generally tend to be parts that are for Japanese cars. They are fabricated (generally) in Japan and then exported across the world. I fond it hard to believe that any JDM part would not be legal in the US, but as camrydriver stated - what exactly are you refferring too....?

:arrgg-matey: 90-93 Celica 5AFE 1.5 JDM Engine is it legal in california?? lets say jdm engines and parts to answer you camry driver.. :D

:arrgg-matey: 90-93 Celica 5AFE 1.5 JDM Engine is it legal in california?? lets say jdm engines and parts to answer you camry driver.. :D

The only reason it may not be legal is if it doesn't meet your state emmission regulations.... and I wouldn't have a clue about that..... :blink:

Probably not if it doesn't meet the emmision standards. Same would go for any engine part. I think I may have heard of someone with a JDM motor in their car but don't quote me on that.

I knew what JDM meant but I just didn't know what parts he was talking about. :D

B) hey thanks, forealz... well i just bought another tercel from my friend... did i mention the engine was for a tercel??.. any way, he is selling me it for 300 dollars kuz somone hit him.. it has a JDM 5EFE and im going to put it into my car. if i meet those emission standards ill b ok??..... if not ill just use my stock engine then jdm swap again afterwards. :ffs:

jdm engines do not have the visible smog control parts that cali requires, even though they run cleaner, it won't pass the visual inspection for street use