Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Misty Headlight Lens

Roy f

One of the headlight lenses on my MRS gets condensation inside it. It dosn't seem to be a problem, but it looks a bit :censor:

One of my mates sugested that if I drill a small hole somewhere underneath where it won't be noticed it will allow it to dry out.

Has anyone had this trouble, and has anyone solved it?

I have this problem with my offside indicator lense. I've tried to dry it out with a hairdryer & sealed it up with instant gasket but the problem isn't cured.

I'm trying to source a replacement but it would be easier to find rocking horse :censor: !

I think drilling a hole in it will make it worse, isn't it condensing up because it has a bad seal?

The hairdryer technique will dry it out, but it just cures the symptom not the cause.

Yea thats the problem I've had, it drys out but even plastering the thing in instant gasket can't cure where the water is getting in... :rolleyes:

Yeah it must be a bad seal.

I just thought if i drilled it from the back of the light where no water can get in, the air might ventilate it and keep it dry.

I might give it ago and see what happens, it can't get much worse (famous last words)!

Headlight misting is a common problem with the ZZW30, many owners have reported it, and those who are lucky enough to have a warranty simply have Toyota replace it free of charge. If you dont have a waranty, then keep an eye out on eBay, as they seem to pop up now and again as people upgrade their lights to the 2003 model projector units.

GSB you are 100%correct.

the misty headlight problem is very very common for mr-s.

i have change both my headlights under warranty.

• 9 years later...

Are you sure it's water condensation? It could be headlights damage - check this out: headlight restorer

Seeing as this thread is over 9 years old, i'm guessing they would have sorted their problem by now :D

• 2 years later...

rub in toothpaste and clean off then gear box oil over the plastic fresh new oil,or veggie oil new. will cook it back in uv light

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links