Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Bucket Seat

Burnie1000

Hey guys, I have ordered a new reclining bucket seat for my car and I am wondering what will happen with the side airbags.

I have a TS and it has 1 passenger airbag, 1 drivers airbag and 2 side airbags (1 built into each seat).

Therefore when I fit my bucket seat will I get an airbag warning light on my dash?

If I crash will any airbags go off or not?

I belive I need a "TRD Side Air Bag Warning Canceler"

Is anyone selling 1, know where I can get them and how much they are?

Seat shouldn't arrive for a couple of weeks but thought I'd sort this out first. Best bet is probably ENVY but wanted some info first.

Thanks guys

:help:

Hi Burnie,

Once the seats are removed, and plugs disconnected it will also disable the front impact airbags from working and as a result yes the warning light should display. As you have mentioned though this can resolved though via a TRD SRS Removal Plug, i think mine cost me £24 and i got them through Envy.

HTH

Charlie :thumbsup:

Hi Burnie,

Once the seats are removed, and plugs disconnected it will also disable the front impact airbags from working and as a result yes the warning light should display. As you have mentioned though this can resolved though via a TRD SRS Removal Plug, i think mine cost me £24 and i got them through Envy.

HTH

Charlie :thumbsup:

Thanks Charlie

Thank god its that cheap as im absolutely rooked at the price of the seat :( but it will be worth it can't wait :D

I bet dude, which seat did you go for? Well worth it though, i love mine, far more comfy and supportive over standard :thumbsup:

I bet dude, which seat did you go for? Well worth it though, i love mine, far more comfy and supportive over standard :thumbsup:

Just ordered 1 but its a BRIDE Gias :drool:

Bride_GIAS.gif

Carbon Kevlar meant to be really light B)

:drool: looks awesome, now i see why you only ordered the one :lol: will look spot on dude :thumbsup: look nice and supportive as well which is just what you want :)

:drool: looks awesome, now i see why you only ordered the one :lol: will look spot on dude :thumbsup: look nice and supportive as well which is just what you want :)

Cheers mate but the wait is killing me, I want it now :crybaby:

On a side note do you have a harness installed and if so what 1 and how have you mounted it?

I have read contrasting information on the internet about what the correct setup is.

Thanks

I haven't but have often thought about it, just never got around to it to be honest, the man to talk to is kerby as he has them fitted to his.

For a passenger they are awesome, very supportive and hold you to the seat, although as a driver i find this a little restrictive as i often have to lean forward say when pulling out of junctions, Chris (Kerby) says he is constantly having to adjust his for this very reason.

Also have a word with Yaris_wrc as again he has buckets and has fitted harnesses with his, although i think he has mounted his differently to Chris.

The seat looks immense mate, does that mean your T sport seats are for sale now?!

Bet it cost you a bomb but will be definally worth it, i think yaris seats are pants!

The seat looks immense mate, does that mean your T sport seats are for sale now?!

As soon as I get the seat fitted my full leather interior will be up for sale. Ideally I would like to swap the leather TS seats for normal TS seats + some cash. But the interior will be open for reasonable offers as they are very rare and I would like a fair price for them. Saying that if someone offered me the interior from and SR or another model and a fair cash price I would take it.

The problem is I cant really ship the interior so I would probably have to meet the person and swap them over.

So keep a look out in the FOR SALE section :thumbsup:

Bet it cost you a bomb but will be definally worth it, i think yaris seats are pants!

Yeah they cost way too much but I'd rather pay for an expensive seat rather than buying a cheapy from Halfords and wishing I had bought a better one. Plus I want to keep the styling as JDM as possible.

B)

Just a heads up.. and maybe someone can help with the Yaris... I just fitted a pair of Konig seats to my Roadster.. but no-one must like them because I have had no replies to this thread :lol:.. and a problem came up that i didn't expect as soon as I removed one of my standard seats... the seatbelt buckle is attached to it, there was no-where on the new seat to bolt it to, and I could source a replacement clasp that was long enough for mounting to the floor.. the rsult is that it is now a bit of a squeeze to fasten the belt.

I know my 1.0 Yaris seatbelt buckle is also attached to my seat.. is it the same with your car? Just hope that it is long enough to bolt it to the floor to allow you to comfortably fasten it... another thing.. pre-tensioners could be a problem?.. but like I said.. maybe someone will know more about this with the Yaris.

Lovely seats.. thought about getting those before opting for the Konigs.

EDIT:

Burnie1000.. unfortunately you need to be a paid member to sell on the forums.. so sign up to at least Bronze if you want to try selling your interior on TOC.. sorry, but thats one of the reasons members pay, so we have to look after them in this respect or it would be unfair on them.

Just a heads up.. and maybe someone can help with the Yaris... I just fitted a pair of Konig seats to my Roadster.. but no-one must like them because I have had no replies to this thread :lol:.. and a problem came up that i didn't expect as soon as I removed one of my standard seats... the seatbelt buckle is attached to it, there was no-where on the new seat to bolt it to, and I could source a replacement clasp that was long enough for mounting to the floor.. the rsult is that it is now a bit of a squeeze to fasten the belt.

I know my 1.0 Yaris seatbelt buckle is also attached to my seat.. is it the same with your car? Just hope that it is long enough to bolt it to the floor to allow you to comfortably fasten it... another thing.. pre-tensioners could be a problem?.. but like I said.. maybe someone will know more about this with the Yaris.

Great yet another problem I might have, thanks for the heads up though. I will be going to ENVY to get them fitted as I need to get some sub frames custom fabricated so if there is no place for the buckle to screw into I trust they will be able to help.

BTW your seats look nice as well good luck fixing the problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links