Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mongoose Exhaust For St202

MIP

Does anyone have this exhaust on their st202 (Mongoose) ?

I've been searching round and its basically the only option I can find (sub £300), without getting somthing expensive custom built.

I could just do with some oppinions on it, particularly noise wise. I'm sure it sounds great, is it ok to live with (e.g. on the motorway) or does it drown out the car stereo/cause bass that could make your eyes pop/cause police to pull you over?

I'd like mine to sound a bit better, and I don't mind a bit of extra noise, I just think I'll avoid it if its very loud.

Does anyone have this exhaust on their st202 (Mongoose) ?

I've been searching round and its basically the only option I can find (sub £300), without getting somthing expensive custom built.

I could just do with some oppinions on it, particularly noise wise. I'm sure it sounds great, is it ok to live with (e.g. on the motorway) or does it drown out the car stereo/cause bass that could make your eyes pop/cause police to pull you over?

I'd like mine to sound a bit better, and I don't mind a bit of extra noise, I just think I'll avoid it if its very loud.

Custom doesn't have to mean expensive....

I got mine custom made Cat back for less than £300. Shop around, it's worth it cause you can choose exactly how you want it to sound and look, and mines got a lifetime guarantee :thumbsup:

i have a moongoose one on my st185 and its great, not too loud, does vibrate the care a bit a low revs though, Fennys or contact blueflame direct, as they make them

I'd steer away from the Kakimoto if you don't want it to be too loud. I've got a Kakimoto cat-back on my gen 5 and it's a bit annoying on long motorway journeys, but it does look nice. I have no idea whether they're in the sub-300 price range though as it was fitted in Japan.

• 3 months later...

the mongoose looks terrible on a gen6 - a friend got one off e-bay .

Any pics??? Like everyone else, the only common brand exhaust system I can find is the Mongoose but I'd like to see what it looks like or even what the inwardly rolled tailpipes look like!

I take it the CAT/downpipe on the 3sge is the same as the 3sgte?

If so you can get a blueflame system which they sell on eBay for £300, sound nice on a GT4, but will be louder on a non-turbo obviously... I've seen a few mongoose systems and they sound nice, not too loud, but not quite loud enough for me :lol:

If the exhausts between the GT and GT4 are the same, get a NUR Spec :P

I take it the CAT/downpipe on the 3sge is the same as the 3sgte?

If so you can get a blueflame system which they sell on ebay for £300, sound nice on a GT4, but will be louder on a non-turbo obviously... I've seen a few mongoose systems and they sound nice, not too loud, but not quite loud enough for me :lol:

If the exhausts between the GT and GT4 are the same, get a NUR Spec :P

Have you seen/heard the Mongoose on a GT or GT4 Jones~32? Has anyone fitted a de-cat pipe to their GT and what's the outcome in both sound and engine management lights wise???

Yeah ive heard the mongoose on a GT4, quite quiet and has a nice growl when your giving it some stick :thumbsup:

Not sure about decats on GTs but know of loooooooooooads that have done it to GT4s with no problems :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links