Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lc5 Revese Camera

yrob

All,

Does anyone have any experience of connecting a reversing camera to a 2003 Landcruiser LC5. The car has the factory fitted 7" touch screen and must be able to take an input of some form.

I have looked at the back of the unit and can see a spare input plug (not RGB) but don't know what this is for.

I have searched the internet and contacted the dealer but to no avail.

I intend to try and hook up the camera to back of the car but will also be looking at a means of extending this to the back of my caravan. I note that the newer Amazon has camera fitted although the touch screen on that model is different. Any help would be appreciated.

Good point and I should have probably done this when I had it all stripped - but didn't!!

Relluctant to strip it down again just for now (as it took some time) so don't have a pick.

Thanks for the response Andy. Looks like all the trim is the same but the head unit is somewhat different and from memory has different plugs at the back of it - so still not sure if this camera is suitable.

I'm ideally looking for someone who has purchased a camera and had it fitted to the LC5 touch screen, but looks like nothing out there that I can find. Cheers.

vrob

I am watching this with interest as I want to do the same to my LC5.If I find out myself will let you know.

usi

USI,

Likewise, if I find anything I will let you know. Don't suppose you have done any work to upgrade your reversing sensors? My 53 model comes with 2 on the outside bumper and noticed that the newer models have 4 sensors - priced additional sensor from toyota and they are £100 which seems excessive??

vrob

No haven,t touched the rear parking sensors,mine is a 55 plate and as they were at that time an optional extra I didn't get them fitted.Sorry

usi

Looking at the back of the touch screen unit there is a make of AINSI printed onto it. I have searched the web and can only deduce that this model is used in Toyota and Lexus. Does anyone recognise or have any detail on this?

• 9 months later...
All,

Does anyone have any experience of connecting a reversing camera to a 2003 Landcruiser LC5. The car has the factory fitted 7" touch screen and must be able to take an input of some form.

I have looked at the back of the unit and can see a spare input plug (not RGB) but don't know what this is for.

I have searched the internet and contacted the dealer but to no avail.

I intend to try and hook up the camera to back of the car but will also be looking at a means of extending this to the back of my caravan. I note that the newer Amazon has camera fitted although the touch screen on that model is different. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you had any luck with your camera, I would like to fit one to mine aswell, it will make hooking up the caravan a lot simpler.

There are instructions on here for installation on the new (2005 on) Rav4 which may apply. I fitted an NTSC camera to the unit on my 2004 Rav4, no problems. I'm pretty sure all the colour satnav headunits will take a camera, although I can't remember which pins the camera image signal goes to. The 12v supply can be taken from the reversing lights, and the presence of a signal from the camera switches the display to the reversing image automatically. Any of the NTSC image reversed cameras on eBay will do the trick, depending on where you want to mount it.