Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D4d Yaris

kingfisher

Hi guys, I have just registered so I am new to the forum and live in north London. . I am thinking of buying the 5 door D4d yaris but saw a report somewhere that this model is very low to the ground and will scrape it when going over speed humps. Also it was said that the paint marks easily. Has anyone had any of these problems?

Thanks, Kingfisher.

Dont no where you heard that it scrapes the ground mate, a standard yaris has plenty of room underneath!

Only if its lowered substantially will it scrape speed humps... mine is totally normal height and I've never had an issue, not even with overly large humps :thumbsup:

The paintwork isnt great granted, but its not awful either!

I think they are too high aswell, but the front bumper is 2 low! lol. Always scrapping the front bumper on high speed bumps and stuff.

I think they are too high aswell, but the front bumper is 2 low! lol. Always scrapping the front bumper on high speed bumps and stuff.

I have a small sailing dinghy I would like to tow behind this car for distances of about 100 miles round trip about 8 times per year. Boat weighs about 8o kgs plus the trailer. Do you think car would be ok for this?

I have a small sailing dinghy I would like to tow behind this car for distances of about 100 miles round trip about 8 times per year. Boat weighs about 8o kgs plus the trailer. Do you think car would be ok for this?

You should have no problem with that combination - You'll hardly know it's there.

They do sit quite low at the front, but not excessively so if they're standard.

80kg & trailer shouldn't be an issue. Is it a Laser-type thing?

Good luck and happy motoring :thumbsup:

A

A

The boat is a sinlge handed SOLO which is about 12 feet and a bit so is shorter than a Laser.

A

The boat is a sinlge handed SOLO which is about 12 feet and a bit so is shorter than a Laser.

My paint is Blue Mica which I am informed is a Lexus paint, I've had my D4D T-Spirit almost a year now, and it still looks like new, even having done 11,000 miles. It pulls well too, so it would be great for towing, and my average of 60mpg would bide well for your towing too....

My paint is Blue Mica which I am informed is a Lexus paint, I've had my D4D T-Spirit almost a year now, and it still looks like new, even having done 11,000 miles. It pulls well too, so it would be great for towing, and my average of 60mpg would bide well for your towing too....

I'd love to know how you average 60mpg, mine is about 45

I'd love to know how you average 60mpg, mine is about 45

45MPG......... That's not too good for a diesel. How many miles have you got on the clock? I am averaging 52+ MPG in my petrol New Yaris (nearly 5900 miles)

Even I average well over 50mpg and I would imagine that would be to the lower end of the economy scale with my lead right foot and mix of high speed motorway, stop/start town and "gunning it" twisties.

A

You should have no problem with that combination - You'll hardly know it's there.

If you look on log book it gives max weight towable,in this case 1050kgs.As a matter of interest it's always wise to ignore advice beginning"Should"or" hopefully".Always check .I learnt the hard way many years ago

[MPG?

I keep records of ALL fuel bought and average 56-57mpg around town. Long journeys ? 65 +

You do ensure your handbrake is off/tyres inflated/brakes not binding?

I've done 11,000 miles now, I wasn't getting much above 50 to start with, but now on my journey down country roads (70 mile round trip) i'm getting an average of bewteen 58 and 62 mpg.

I don't drive it too lightly either, its all single carriageway for the large majority of my journey so lots of overtaking etc... I love it, I spend about 2 hours a day in my yaris and its just comfortable, and the D4D delivers loads of power.