Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking To Buy Previa 2000 Onwards

gs-sport

Hi All,

I am a big toyota fan and as our family is having an additional new member I thought now is the time to buy a MPV :help: . We are actually on the lookout for a Previa (2000 onwards) but as I have never had a Toyota MPV I thought I'd ask yourselves. :D

When I'm on my rounds looking for a decent Previa (automatic), could anyone one tell me what I should be looking out for in terms of faults, or any weak areas. One of the key weaknesses mentioned on this site is the oxygen sensors !!! : :unsure:

Any tips or guidance offered will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hi All,

I am a big toyota fan and as our family is having an additional new member I thought now is the time to buy a MPV :help: . We are actually on the lookout for a Previa (2000 onwards) but as I have never had a Toyota MPV I thought I'd ask yourselves. :D

When I'm on my rounds looking for a decent Previa (automatic), could anyone one tell me what I should be looking out for in terms of faults, or any weak areas. One of the key weaknesses mentioned on this site is the oxygen sensors !!! : :unsure:

Any tips or guidance offered will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

I bought a 2000 Previa CDX last year. Oxygen sensors are one, front sunroof leaking is another and sticking side doors due to wear. A lot have corroded alloys. Took me a couple of months to find a good one as loads are abused an ex Taxi. I ended up driving miles to get mine but it's a great car. Get one with history if you can and review it before you buy to look for any persistant faults on the vehicle. Good luck.

We imported our '02 Estima from Japan ourselves because, as fasteye says, a lot of the uk ones are ex taxis with high mileage and a bit grubby. We found that to get a low mileage one put the price up too much, hence we went the import route. There's a lot more imported ones for sale here now too. Got ours in June 2005 with 16000Km on the clock and its now done 26000 miles or so without a single problem. The O2 sensors seem to be the only real issue, and there is a thread on that problem on this site, although its not happened to us yet and may not be that big a problem as its obviously been highlighted by a few members on here that have suffered while many more might have been unaffected.

We bought our 02 Previa (2.4 petrol auto) from new. We've had the dreaded Oxygen sensor problem (2 out of 4) and a new catalyst. The alloys have the usual corrosion problem. It's needed two new batteries, front tyres last about 20k miles and rear 40k miles. So far we've done about 50k miles in it.

Otherwise it's been very reliable, comfortable, nothing has stopped working and it's a hugely practical vehicle for our family.

We bought our 02 Previa (2.4 petrol auto) from new. We've had the dreaded Oxygen sensor problem (2 out of 4) and a new catalyst. The alloys have the usual corrosion problem. It's needed two new batteries, front tyres last about 20k miles and rear 40k miles. So far we've done about 50k miles in it.

Otherwise it's been very reliable, comfortable, nothing has stopped working and it's a hugely practical vehicle for our family.

When did you have the cat changed? and the sensors? Mins is near 47k.... just passed emissions with no probs but I still dread the day I am told this.. moreso that the car is now out of warranty,.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links