Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Ordered

G79

Hi Guys,

I've been posting in the Corolla Forum as I own a Corolla T3 1.4 on a '04' plate, went to my local Mr T today to look at the Auris (already had a look but had to have another look), well they were having a 10% of day (to meet their quota before the new plates).

Decided to take one for a test drive, the one I wanted, which was the 2.0 D4D T-Spirit and loved it. I felt rather high up, it felt like I was looking down on the road, but felt really good. Found the engine nice to drive, there was some lag, but this is due to it being a Diesel Turbo, this can be remedied with a dump valve which will allow the Turbo to keep spining when you change gear (as it dumps the old stale air out allowing fresh air in).

Room wise, the car is smaller than the Corolla, there is slightly less room in the back (IMO) and the boot is smaller, however there are some very fancy gadgets which I fell in love with. First.. there is no Ash Tray (What, no Ash tray, how can I smoke, I hear you say), well there is an ash try but not a conventional one, it's a removable one, shapped much like a cup, unfortunatly there is no where for it to sit in the middle, however there are some excellent cup holders near the mirrors which pop out (one on each side) and this ash try will sit very nicely inside the cup holder :) You only get one, any extras are £25 each (yes I did order an extra one). I could go on but I'll post more details when I get my car (I'll include picys) [i'm trying to get a 2 day test drive so may take that opportunity to take picys and post more].

Well after taking it for a test drive that was it.. I bought one! Got the 10% off, got the boot liner and floor mats thrown in (Both of which weren't thrown in but he added the price on to the trade in value of my Corolla, which he quoted as £5,500.. so total trade in ££5,630, quick note.. Parkers state the trade in value of a 3yr old T3 1.4 as around £4,800... got a good deal there), then it came to finance. Well I'm not stupid, I was paying attention when the T3 was bought and being a Techy (working in IT) I noticed something very strange about how the way they were using their finance system... there's a little secret)... well none the less I managed to get the lowest flat rate they could do.

I ended up with a Auris 2.0 D4D in Dark Grey (Don't know the exact name) with Protection Pack, Style Pack & Tech Pack.. I did want the sunroof but after rather a few phone calls it transpired I would have to wait till April, as the Shell for sunroofs hadn't been made (the Shell will be the same as the T180 as the sunroof comes standard on the T180), so dropped the sunroof, delivery time is 4 weeks, would have been 1-2 weeks if I hadn't had the options, also I went for the cream interior.

There's so much I could say about this car, love the keyless smart entry and start, can't wait to play with the cruise control, dual zone Air Con sounda like fun and I'm looking forward to pluggin my I-Pod in and using the stero to control it. Anyways I'll write up more (and pics) when I actually get my car.

Oh, final note, if I hadn't ordered the options, I would have my car in 1-2 weeks but it would have been registered on a '56' plate, but my lovely Mr T said because of the 4 week wait (oh and I wanted it in black but they weren't doing black at the moment) he would register it on a '07' plate.. still got my 10% (which was on the options aswell)... so all in all I'm a very happy bunny.

G

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G79

• kian

• MarcTS

• nicola_wolves

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too ordered an Auris last Sunday (21st), a TR 1.6 MM in Deuma Grey (Dark grey you were looking for) I've never driven a Toyota before, and fell in love with the car.

I've decided to buy it outright, and added the Tech pack (half price), would have liked to have gone for a bit more.

The sales guy seemed to try and push me into getting the car on HP, said to get more interest on my money!! (no doubt to pay their interest on the finance) I kindly declined.

I got £3,500 for my '02 Renault Clio as a px, and they are throwing in the boot liner, some protection stuff on the upholstry and paint work, as well as paying for 3years worth of GAP insurance and of course the half price tech pack, not too bad.

Before looking at Toyota, I noticed these 'cup ashtrays' in all new cars, thought it was strange at the time, but I guess it's easy to remove and empty etc.

I'm suprised that you'd be smoking in your car, I'd be too frightened to mark it lol!

My sales guy promised that my Auris will be delivered on the 1st March, wont keep my hopes up though as it will need to be registered have the tech pack installed and the protection stuff on it. Of course I am hoping it will be here on the 1st as my tax runs out end of Feb on the Clio.

I'm so :yahoo:

Hi kian, congrats on your purchase :thumbsup:

The 'protection stuff on the upholstry and paint work' is called Diamond Bright and normally costs £300 so well done on getting that thrown in... I had it on my last car and the only downside is that you have to diamond bright your car once a month and the process can take anything upto 2-4hrs depending on size and what equipment ur using (IE ur hands or a jet wash lol) they offered me 10% off but after having on my last car I'm not going to bother with it this time round (I'll just make sure I get the bird poo off as soon as I see it hehe, as thats about the only benefit IMO). Free GAP aswell... damn u must be a happy chappy :D I'm thinking I should have tried to get more out of my MR T, although saying that I think I did rather well as he wasn't even willing to throw in a £30 ashtry by the end of the deal :blink: Can't belive you have to wait till the March (and ur odered it last weekend) , when I spoke to Mr T theu were saying, on a standard Auris, the delivery was only going to be 1-2 weeks. BTW Tech pack is fitted at factory and I'm sure the diamond Brighting is done at factory so you should have it when they said no problems, Im rather suprised you had to wait that long though. Just a quick question, what plate will it be registered on.. on '56' or '07'?

Hi spwolfx, yes well I found that when I put my foot down after changing gears it would take a fraction of a second to realise this and start to accelerate (from what I know... this is known as Turbo Lag, and as said earlier can be fixed by dumping the old stale air out for fresh air allowing the turbo to keep spinning) and yes the Auris does have a smaller trunk (or boot as I call it :rolleyes: ) and IMO (In My Opinion) there is less space in the rear of the car than compared to the Corolla (which I have at the moment) I belive the sales guy actually said the Auris was a slightly smaller car.... (5 Door) Auris Dimensions are Length: 4220mm, Width: 1760mm Height: 1515mm Wheelbase: 2600mm the Corolla is Length: 4180mm, Width: 1710mm, Height: 1475 mm, Wheel Base: 2600mm. So the Auris is in fact bigger in terms of dimensions however this does not relate directly to the interior space dimensions... any??? Like I said its my opinion... so maybe I'm wrong... any1 else care to comment??

G

Hi G,

Thanks. Apparently the techpack in the TR is not standard, according to the website, I managed to get the diamond bright done as I initially went in on the Saturday, and said I would go back the day after, when I got home I looked online for this, but I found something called Supaguard or something along the line. The online price was around £150, so went back and said to Mr. T that I wasn't interested in it as I could get it done cheaper, (Same went for the GAP) he asked where, so gave the website details...he said, hmm well ok let's see if we can beat that...he did some calculations and said how about if we throw it in at no extra cost, would I be interested then..obviously I agreed!!

I opted to wait a few more weeks and go for the 07 reg, didn't seem right buying a 56 reg when I could get the 07 same price.

I called Mr T on Friday to confirm that it would be delivered on the 1st March, but cannot confirm this and wont be able to confirm until around the 2nd week of Feb.

Hi Kian,

Sorry I didn't mean it was standard, I ment that when you order your car, they fit it all at the factory, well at least thats what I've been told. Do you know much about the tech pack?

Grrr :ffs: It's horible having to wait... but I agree with you on getting the '07' plate. Are your Mr T's going to send you a list of all their number plates, on the the 1st of feb, so you can choose which one you want? I know what I want... GO07 .... U know :D Chances are though that they won't even get the 'GO'... what plates are you looking at?

Has any1 else ordered a Auris or are we the only two on here??? B)

G

EDIT: I suppose the next question is when are companys, such as TTE, going to bring out mods? lol

EDIT: Just found this... http://www.trc-tuning.com/index_shop.htm ... goto Toyota then Auris then Bodykits :)

Ah, The tech pack just includes a bluetooth and an ipod intergration kit into your car, which is really handy for me, seeing as I always scratch the damn cds, always talk on my phone. With the risk of now getting 3 points on my licence, I thought it would be ideal.

I wasn't aware that a list of number plates were sent to view, My Mr. T. just said we'll send you your reg in the post, unless this is what he had meant.

So I was intrigued with the selection of number plates, I called Mrs T in Admin, she stated that it varies from dealer to dealer, but usually the DVLA will allocate a batch of plates (Say 20) the dealer then try and select 'the best' for you, looking to match up initials etc, she's taken my details, so for this region I'd be looking for something like Ro07 KS? looks ok.

I also got an update regarding delivery, they have an udated estimate of delivery to the dealer of 1st March, so things are looking hunky dory on that side, Mrs T said that around the 2nd week of feb, new owners will be written to with confirmation of the registration, a form to confirm that the details for the V5 form (DVLA) are correct and a request to get a cover note sent back to them so that they can sort out things for DVLA for the 1st March.

Not long to go now, I wonder how busy Toyota will be on the 1st. We could have a game of 'spot the Auris' for the 1st week of March!

I have an iPod and one of those FM Transmitters at the moment and its a real pain in da butt trying to pick ur iPod up, while driving, to change tracks/Albums/Playlists/etc, so it will be great to just do it all from the stearing wheel or stero :drool: and yes the bluetooth is wicked, I just want to know how it all works, I know on the Prius you programe ur numbers into the system to that it displays them when someone is calling but I don't know about the Auris system. Should be interesting though.

Well Bought a new car from them 3 years ago and getting to know them all rather well down there (in fact I would highly recomend my Mr T as they are all friendly and helpful) , and they said I could have a pick of my number plate, he will EMail the list through on the 1st of Feb so I should get 1st choice out of all the plates they get.... super cool :thumbsup: Call your Mr T and ask about picking the plate, if they say no... well... I'd think twice about going there again... don't forget every Mr T is in competition with the others... so there's no reason why you shouldn't start saying ur thinking of taking your business elsewhere (IE when it comes to servicing times) [Even when it does come to services, phone around and get the best quote, you will get different quotes, so I' heard].

I really want a 007 plate :) Talking of number plates I found this 'AUR1S' but they want over £1000 for it :angry:

G

I took so long wrinting that post that you posted another lol :D

Nicely done... yes the '007' is very appealing... but like you said the DVLA allocate each branch a set of number plates... so it's really down to what gets allocated :crybaby: Had a quick look at how much a plate would cost to buy with '007' and your looking at over £2000... hmm... if we get these plates... we are laughing all the way too the bank :thumbsup:

G

Lol, I've been looking at http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/ chose my plate and had a look at what it would look like on a 'corrolla' seeing as they don't have the Auris on there yet. Looks fab http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/en/CarGalle...mp;m=2&v=56 total cost, around £1700, but google it shop around.

I will email my Mr. T, I'm sure he'll be only willing to email me the registrations they get, afterall, he did throw in loads of stuff for me too.

Kian

Clicked your link and it showed me number plate on an Aston Martin hehehe... looks really nice, if I were you Id think of at least 10 different plates you like so that when you get your list you'll be able to find the one you want quicker, don't forget they only get a certain amount so it will be handy to have a few different ideas of what you want so that you can contact them quicker and get the one you want... I know I'm going to :)

I want something like GO07 GAV (My name is Gavin afterall :D ) or maybe my intials as the last three letters... going to think of some more. There's not much you can turn a 7 into IE an 8 could be a B, etc.

Ye he should be more than willing, afterall they want to keep your business and if you dropped some subtle hints (like I do) that you probably will be replacing the car in three years... then they will Definatly want to keep you happy :thumbsup:

G

You could use the 7 as a T toyota could have MR07 EEE (Mr TEEE)

lol, just ordered a tom tom 910, new ipod (80gb video) got some plans to do some serious driving in first few weeks of March, will be going up north so will be able to test it out on a long drive.

As for that post you made in another thread...I'm not that into 'doing up' the car, lights underneath etch, would be nice, but it isn't legal lol,

It would have been nice to have had the choice to have the TR in black, looks much nicer, have had to opt for the Decuma Grey (rather than silly red or white) I wonder how many people will have a white car? they look horrible indeed.

Lol I like the Mr T EEEEE hehe

Cool... u'll have to post when you get back and let me know how you got on, make sure you leave yourself alot of time for uploading your tunes onto your iPod... it can take a long time to put a lot of music on there. I've got the 30Gb and only used about 5Gb... so have fun using 80Gb :)

Actually is not illegal, I found out that it's only down to the colours you use, for example its completly legal to have a red light on the back and a white one on the front and any other colour on the side.

I would like to get a side skirt and front lip (don't know if you've looked at the link I posted earlier)

G

I sure will do, have you checked this out with your local force to confirm? I know that whilst I was working for the police over the past 4 years, having lights other than those that are built onto the car, then it is illegal...http://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q399.htm

Personally I think that the blue LED lights look quite nice, wouldn't mind em myself. :eek:

Today is the day and I stil haven't heard anything grrrr :ffs: I want my reg plate lol

I just had a thought, there are no traditional ashtrays right, well is there a cigrate lighter or a power point anywhere in the car??? I can't remember seeing one... hmm... dag nam it. I tell you what, if there isn't one, thats a really big oversight by Toyota... not just for smoking but for people who plug things in to charge etc when they're in the car.

kian - Let me know when you get yours and what you get and I'll do the same :thumbsup:

G

EDIT: Just had a quick look on the toyota website and it states it does have Ashtray & cigar lighter.... I just don't remember seeing one hmm

Sure will do, not seen one on the road as of yet seeing as they were launched today, but will keep my eyes peeled.

Kian

Well I got a totally pants number plate.... the list they gave me was rubbish..... damn u Mr DVLA :ffs: :censor:

Nope I haven't seen one yet either, I should imagine the only ones we will see on the road are the demo models, it will probably be a couple of weeks before anyone who has bought one is driving it on the road.

Hope you had more luck with your number plate

G

Damn them, Damn them all LOL.

I've not heard anything, at the end of the day, it's only a number plate, it's not as though you will be seeing it all the time :P

I guess with not having a O07 number plate, you have a lesser chance of it being nicked!

Kian

Lol... I guess your right Kian, but still, would have been nice :yes: although I was just looking my Corolla and noticed they screwed in the front number plate with a black bolt above the second letter... so on my GU07 with a black bolt above the U it may look a litlle bit like a O hehehe.... but they glued the back one on... damn them...

You still haven't heard anything.... I'd get on to them if I were you, phone them up and give um sum jip...

Oh ye I managed to find the Cigar lighter, its down by the bottom of the handbrake lol :thumbsup:

Only another 4 odd weeks to go :crybaby:

G

4 weeks is nothing, time seems to be flying by without a second look at the moment, so hopefully, the 4weeks will be up like next week lol.

Is the lighter in a silly place? I cant recall. I've already decided that I won't be smoking in the car, I want to retain the new car smell for as long as I can.

Ye time flys when your enjoying urself.... but Im not.. I want my new car now :D Im really impatiante like that :wacko: But I hope it does fly by.. or I get the car earlier :rolleyes:

If you look in the reviews part (in the Auris section) and go to the last post, then click the link, when the page opens, click the link for the images and scroll through till you see a side view of the interior, the cigar lighter is down by the bottom of the Handbrake. I never use the cigar lighter, but I was thinking more about it being a source of power more than anything.

I'll probably smoke, but I'll try not too, and everyone else is banned from smoking in my car, eating in my car, drinking in my car or even breathing in my car lmao :D

G

lol,

I am exactly the same, I want it all like yesterday! but in this instance, I had decided to wait!

I will take a look at that later, got so much to do at the moment lol

Here you go Kian,

Thought I'd stick it up for you, save your searching for it :thumbsup:

interior1_lighter.jpg

At least I think thats the lighter, lol

Does any1 know what the grill in the middle on the top is for?

G

Thanks for the pic!

Which grill? the one where the arrow is on the pic?

aurisgrill.jpg

If so, that is one of the many storage spaces in the Auris.

Could set up an Easter Egg Hunt :)

Kian

At least I think thats the lighter, lol

Does any1 know what the grill in the middle on the top is for?

G

Did you not take your time to look at ALL the features of the Auris when you were ordering it at the dealer?..................................and did they not give you a brochure containing the full spec?

My dealer (TNS St.Ives) gave me a brochure when I visited yesterday :thumbsup:

The Auris looks good......................but with a limited colour choice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links