Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Mpg Are You Really Getting?

ytareh

I've done 3000 miles in my AYGO and have a 52mile cross country trip every day, which has included in each fill typical stop start traffic, icy morning starts, hills - and some overtaking ( :yahoo: )

AVERAGE MPG'S

SAINSBURYS 95 RON 60.1MPG (based on 1 fill)

TESCO 97 RON 57.6MPG (based on 4 fills)

BP ULTIMATE 55.7MPG (based on 2 fills)

best = 60.1mpg

worst = 54.8mpg

just goes to show eh, cheapest petrol works the best - did not notice any performance change with higher RON fuel - although I have owned a tuned SAAB turbo before and the extra RON was used effectively (esp OPTIMAX)

AYGO is cheap as chips to run AND in real world terms I get to work in the same time as I did in the +220bhp Turbo (as I bearly need to slow down for corners in the AYGO - very safe, secure and controllable)

Infact on my commute I am often overtaken on long straights (apparently the max speed limit I obey is too slow for some drivers) only for the car that has just overtaken me to hold me up around the twisty bits :ffs:

and there's certainly more twisty bits than straight.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gryzor

• Jan van de Wouw

• adilmon

• PaulGP

I don't know how you are all getting such good mpg. I've done 7000 miles in mine now and the best economy I have got is 48.8mpg, the worst is 42.8mpg.

I drive 34 miles per day and it's a mixture of town, country, and dual carriage way. I do sit in traffic a reasonable amount, so perhaps that explains it.

my aygo is bizare ... i can get over 100miles to one of them bars when i drive nicely, ya know take of slowly, dont over rev it etc etc, then for no reason, when i just leave it parked up for 10mins come back and theres a bar missing, i knew it was there before i left it ... it jutst vanished! whats that about

and there are days when i thrash it, take the air box off and dont drive so nice, depends of what mood im in, but i can get over 450miles out of 1tank

I do not have air con - so no power drain there, I bet the manufactures mpg figures are for a non a/c car (I reckon being such a small engine air con compressor would sap 5 to 10% of economy)

mines done that before, like a bar disapearing when i put the ignition (before starting the engine) and mine also went though a stage where the bars would be all over the place, like kept going up and down. also when i filled it up id still be flashing for abit before it finally went up.

Just seems to have sorted its self out now thou, was gunna go to Toyota but didnt bother after it sorted its self out. i did mention it in the service but they said it was all fine and it seems to be so yea..

matty.

I know what you mean on the disappearing bars; I once parked

my car in front of my house on fridaynight with two bars showing.

Didn't use it all weekend, but when I turned on the ignition

monday morning the last bar was flashing and beeping...

As for the slowly rising after filling up; did you turn

off the ignition before filling up or did you leave it on?

The Digital Dash I put in my 100NX could only count DOWN

on the fuel gauge, so I would have toe turn off the

ignition to get the accurate level after filling up...

After filling the tank I had done about 100 miles and all bars were still displayed. I though "If I can get 100 miles for each bar this car would be seriously economical". Of course I knew that wouldn't happen. Next time I started the car 2 bars (or was it three?) had gone

its just rubbish

anyways i get about 400 per tank which is ok for me, do you all use injection cleaner and premium petrol or asda/tesco own?

i use injectin cleaner and Shell V power personally, never used the supermarket crap cuz it uses more metallic bits which after a while clog the engine thus getting less mpg

just a tip from the inside =-P

I keep trying but still even now with dry roads and driving as economically as I can I'm still only getting just over 54mpg. I do almost perfect motoring for good mpg mostly open country roads, very little town and not much motorway - and when on the motorway I tend to sit at just under 70. This is the basic aygo plus 5 door without aircon and I would expect to beat the extra urban rate but am struggling to beat the urban one. On the same roads I'm getting over 25.5mpg from my Lexus LS (4.3 litre, auto, air con filters the lot) and 33mpg in my Boxster. I know I shouldn't complain about low 50's but I was expecting low 60's.

I still love the car and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap to own and run and comfortable little car - I tend to use it in preference to the others on an average day - done about 4500 miles now in two months but I really do wish the mpg was nearer what they quote.

most car dont really do what they say anyway so i wasnt really expecting 60+mpg, just think of the money your saving on tax and insurance with it thou probs cost next to nothing to keep it on the road for most ppl.

Less speed on motorways will improve this figure. While the Aygo is a good car it's not an 80 mph+ cruiser. Slow to 65-70 - you'll get much better mpg and the extra time taken for the journey will be minimal.

I've got a diesel aygo and cruising at 90mph (only 3000 rpm) gave me 60mpg!! Get the D4D and drive how ever you want :yes:

cruising at 90mph (only 3000 rpm) gave me 60mpg!! Get the D4D and drive how ever you want :yes:

As long as you drive WITHIN the law of the land :rolleyes:

urg did i only get 35 miles to the gallon on this tank :S i was gunning it a bit this time. I have done much better before and im not sure if i fillled the tank right to the top last time.

90mph at 3000rpm n still getting 60mpg thats crazy, on the petrol it does about 4000rpm at 70mph...

just goes to show that the mpg is probs a lot differnt on both cars then what Toyota says

Update from last fill, 342 miles again from full tank to warning sound, 35 litres (7.7 galls) works out around 44mpg. Seems pretty consistant, with 2 of us driving. Made no real difference not using 5th gear much either.

Typically, I can get to Reading and back 7 times (66 mile roundtrip) before the fuel gauge starts beeping at me. Given that my fiancee's brother drives a Hyundai coupe and struggles to get 200 miles out of a (larger) tank, I'm more than pleased. Sure, the coupe doesn't even worry about fuel efficiency, but the gap is absolutely massive.

just bought my Aygo diesel and first impressions are good. regarding the digital fuel readout, when the last black bar flashes how much fuel is left? :)

erm.. I think I remember someone saying "Slow flashing 5 litres" and "Fast flashing 3 litres"

Less speed on motorways will improve this figure. While the Aygo is a good car it's not an 80 mph+ cruiser. Slow to 65-70 - you'll get much better mpg and the extra time taken for the journey will be minimal.

I've got a diesel aygo and cruising at 90mph (only 3000 rpm) gave me 60mpg!! Get the D4D and drive how ever you want :yes:

Isn't it the Peugeot diesel engine in the Aygo though?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links